mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-25, 18:43   #254
gamer007
 
Mar 2009

2·3·31 Posts
Default

3017*2^517810-1 is prime.
gamer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 23:32   #255
gamer007
 
Mar 2009

2×3×31 Posts
Default

517K-518K is complete. 1 prime.

Reserving 518K-519K.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 517K-518K.zip (61.2 KB, 46 views)
gamer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 06:49   #256
gamer007
 
Mar 2009

2·3·31 Posts
Default

3125*2^518126-1 is prime.
gamer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 14:18   #257
gamer007
 
Mar 2009

2·3·31 Posts
Default

518K-519K is complete. 1 prime.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 518K-519K.zip (60.1 KB, 52 views)
gamer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 10:14   #258
Svenie25
 
Svenie25's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Good old Germany

3·47 Posts
Default

Sorry, I am a little late with my range. But I am at hospital since a few days and don't know, how long it will take.

Will finish the range if I am at home again.

MfG
Sven
Svenie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 18:04   #259
gamer007
 
Mar 2009

2·3·31 Posts
Default

Reserving 519K-520K.
gamer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 20:16   #260
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

237368 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenie25 View Post
Sorry, I am a little late with my range. But I am at hospital since a few days and don't know, how long it will take.

Will finish the range if I am at home again.

MfG
Sven
I hope you are doing OK Sven. Get well soon!

No problem on your range.
gd_barnes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 20:21   #261
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

100111110111102 Posts
Default

Max and Karsten,

I was just thinking of something here that I think would make sense to do in the future: Whenever anyone completes a manual range, fairly quickly convert it to the format needed by the DB and send it on to Dave for loading into the DB.

This will avoid large jumps in the DB stats. I think the base 5 project did that at some point with a few of the individual-k reservations that they had.

One problem that I see though: Administration. We must keep a detailed log or a graphical listing of some kind of which manual files have been loaded to the DB. It would be quite easy to miss one here and there.

Let me know what you think.


Gary
gd_barnes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 20:27   #262
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

11000011010012 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
Max and Karsten,

I was just thinking of something here that I think would make sense to do in the future: Whenever anyone completes a manual range, fairly quickly convert it to the format needed by the DB and send it on to Dave for loading into the DB.

This will avoid large jumps in the DB stats. I think the base 5 project did that at some point with a few of the individual-k reservations that they had.

One problem that I see though: Administration. We must keep a detailed log or a graphical listing of some kind of which manual files have been loaded to the DB. It would be quite easy to miss one here and there.

Let me know what you think.


Gary
First of all, I am already keeping a log detailing which manual results have and have not been imported. So that shouldn't be too hard. As for importing manual results as they come, yes, that's pretty much what I had in mind for subsequent manual jobs once the big aggregate bunches are in. For files that small, we don't even have to bug Dave with them--I can just plop them straight into the results folder to be pulled in at the next daily run. (That's what I've already done for some of the drives with very small amounts of manual work.)

My eventual idea is to add a system to the website where people can log in and submit their manual results on their own to be imported. Needless to say that won't be for a little while yet, but I would eventually like it so that the admins don't have to do all this stuff manually.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 20:58   #263
kar_bon
 
kar_bon's Avatar
 
Mar 2006
Germany

2×1,423 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
My eventual idea is to add a system to the website where people can log in and submit their manual results on their own to be imported. Needless to say that won't be for a little while yet, but I would eventually like it so that the admins don't have to do all this stuff manually.
A point against submitting own maunal results: first one of the admins should verify if exactly those pairs are submitted, which are in the testfile!

I don't know if this was done with all other manual ranges. For the LLRnet/PRPnet ranges i've done (and will continue) this processing and found every missing/double pair at all.
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 21:45   #264
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
A point against submitting own maunal results: first one of the admins should verify if exactly those pairs are submitted, which are in the testfile!
My idea was that I would first implement a page on the website where one could select a sieve file, and have the DB automatically check each pair with its contents and report back exactly what's missing, if anything. (This would go along with another page where one could plug in a range of k and n and have the server send back all results in that range in the desired format: together these additions would greatly simplify processing of server results as well.)

Quote:
I don't know if this was done with all other manual ranges. For the LLRnet/PRPnet ranges i've done (and will continue) this processing and found every missing/double pair at all.
Gary currently verifies all results on all drives in periodic blocks--when he posts in the drive threads saying "all results and primes have been verified up to n=x" that means he's done it for that range.

Last fiddled with by mdettweiler on 2010-06-07 at 21:46
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sierp base 3 - mini-drive II gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 46 2009-10-26 18:19
Riesel base 3 - mini-drive I gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 199 2009-09-30 18:44
Sierp base 3 - mini-drive Ib gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 43 2009-03-06 08:41
Sierp base 3 - mini-drive Ia gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 170 2008-11-11 05:10
mini-drive for high-n testing on Sierp base 4 gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 43 2008-07-16 10:12

All times are UTC. The time now is 10:00.

Mon Sep 28 10:00:31 UTC 2020 up 18 days, 7:11, 0 users, load averages: 1.01, 1.34, 1.38

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.