mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-29, 09:32   #67
kar_bon
 
kar_bon's Avatar
 
Mar 2006
Germany

24·52·7 Posts
Default

he is changing to google-pages http://sites.google.com/site/sr2sieve/
but not all available yet there!

see his post here: http://www.mersenneforum.org/showpos...&postcount=523
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 21:27   #68
MyDogBuster
 
MyDogBuster's Avatar
 
May 2008
Wilmington, DE

22·709 Posts
Default

Quote:
he is changing to google-pages http://sites.google.com/site/sr2sieve/
but not all available yet there!

see his post here: http://www.mersenneforum.org/showpos...&postcount=523
Thanks Karsten
MyDogBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 03:54   #69
Brucifer
 
Brucifer's Avatar
 
Dec 2005

313 Posts
Default

So what is the difference in the points formula between the regular database score computation and the prpnet score computation? I assume that the prpnet stuff is going to get added to the regular database point system?
Brucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 04:30   #70
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
So what is the difference in the points formula between the regular database score computation and the prpnet score computation? I assume that the prpnet stuff is going to get added to the regular database point system?
Yes, that's the plan. The only reason why it's not in there yet is because there's one last tweak Dave needs to do first, but once that's all set everything prior to that point will be added in retroactively.

The points will be calculated by the same formula; actually, at this point, the DB doesn't even know the difference between LLRnet and PRPnet results. We may at some point in the future have it do more advanced stuff with PRPnet results (which include a bit more information--such as the client name as well as username--than do LLRnet results), though none of that's even on the drawing board yet.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 06:50   #71
Brucifer
 
Brucifer's Avatar
 
Dec 2005

31310 Posts
Default

So why are they different to begin with???
Brucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 17:14   #72
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
So why are they different to begin with???
Er...I'm not sure what you mean. There's not really a "difference" per se; it's only that PRPnet records more information with each results than LLRnet does. However, the DB isn't set up to utilize that extra information at this time, since it was designed initially for LLRnet results. That's OK, as the extra information recorded by PRPnet is just extra icing on the cake, so to speak; what we end up doing is converting the results to LLRnet format with a script and then importing them to the DB.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 20:55   #73
henryzz
Just call me Henry
 
henryzz's Avatar
 
"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT)

32·17·37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
Er...I'm not sure what you mean. There's not really a "difference" per se; it's only that PRPnet records more information with each results than LLRnet does. However, the DB isn't set up to utilize that extra information at this time, since it was designed initially for LLRnet results. That's OK, as the extra information recorded by PRPnet is just extra icing on the cake, so to speak; what we end up doing is converting the results to LLRnet format with a script and then importing them to the DB.
i think he wants to know why we are changing to prpnet as llrnet has been working well for us:)
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 21:58   #74
Brucifer
 
Brucifer's Avatar
 
Dec 2005

313 Posts
Default

Actually :-) what I'm curious to is the number of points granted in the prpnet G3000 stats per pair returned, as it looks like 460+ per.... versus what is granted for a returned pair for the regular database points per returned pair.

As for prpnet, I like it personally. I ran it earlier when the initial beta round was going and it was stable for me. I've got it running on 12 cores now, granted they are mainly slow ones, but none the less they crunch out pairs. :-) I intend to add some fast cores to the prpnet and shift some off the port 7000 stuff and see if I can manage to find some big primes.
Brucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 01:13   #75
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted
 
Mini-Geek's Avatar
 
"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17×251 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
Actually :-) what I'm curious to is the number of points granted in the prpnet G3000 stats per pair returned, as it looks like 460+ per.... versus what is granted for a returned pair for the regular database points per returned pair.

As for prpnet, I like it personally. I ran it earlier when the initial beta round was going and it was stable for me. I've got it running on 12 cores now, granted they are mainly slow ones, but none the less they crunch out pairs. :-) I intend to add some fast cores to the prpnet and shift some off the port 7000 stuff and see if I can manage to find some big primes.
PRPnet:
Code:
How are user stats computed?
    The score is computed as such:
       (decimal length of the candidate / 10000) ^ 2
NPLB:
Quote:
Participants initially ordered by Pair Score (n^2/160e9) descending.
I'm sure an approximate (should be quite close, but not precise, as NPLB only considers the n, allowing a small variation in decimal length resulting in the same score) conversion formula could be worked up. I'll see about trying to do that...

Last fiddled with by Mini-Geek on 2009-11-29 at 01:55
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 01:55   #76
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted
 
Mini-Geek's Avatar
 
"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17·251 Posts
Default

I think the conversion factor is about 144.9905. That is, PRPnetScore ~= 144.9905 * NPLBScore, or PRPnetScore / 144.9905 ~= NPLBScore. Here's how I got that: (where c is the conversion factor)
Code:
(digits / 10000)^2=c*(n^2/160e9)
digits^2 / 1e8 = c*n^2/1600e8
digits^2 = c*n^2/1600
*
(n*log_10(2))^2 = c*n^2/1600
log_10(2)^2*n^2 = c*n^2/1600
log_10(2)^2*1600 = c
144.9905... ~= c
* Here I make the assumption that digits=n*log_10(2), which is decently close, but not perfect. Because of the differing algorithms, an exact comparison can not be made.

Edit: I noticed that I used log_2(10) where I should have used log_10(2), resulting in 17656.33 instead of 144.9905. It's fixed now, and is producing a number that matches Karsten's numbers below and makes more sense: 144.9905. This paragraph was from before I fixed it:
Hmm, this seems wrong...it would mean that your 1080 tests from the 5th drive, with a (PRPnet) score of 536349, are only worth about 30.377 (NPLB) points, but from looking at http://www.noprimeleftbehind.net/ind...r_pairs&page=2 that seems more like 6 decently sized candidates. Either I went very wrong somewhere (I don't see where), or one or both of the scoring formulas I assumed is not accurate. (I have verified that in the newest released PRPnet source, that's what it really does, so that really just leaves an error on my part or NPLB's n^2/160e9 formula being wrong) Can anyone see where I went wrong, and can one of the NPLB admins verify what the formula is?

Last fiddled with by Mini-Geek on 2009-11-29 at 02:51
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 02:16   #77
kar_bon
 
kar_bon's Avatar
 
Mar 2006
Germany

24×52×7 Posts
Default

the scores from G3000 are not correct as shown here:

G3000 for n~740k:

496 points / pair with PRPnet
3.42 points / pair with LLRnet

Last fiddled with by kar_bon on 2009-11-29 at 02:17
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some old stuff Batalov Miscellaneous Math 1 2017-01-27 04:56
Stuff for sale fivemack Lounge 12 2011-06-12 11:28
useful stuff paulunderwood Linux 3 2005-12-05 22:18
Free stuff... Xyzzy Software 6 2004-10-06 13:35
Extra Stuff... Xyzzy Lounge 11 2003-09-15 23:22

All times are UTC. The time now is 23:57.

Tue Jun 2 23:57:51 UTC 2020 up 69 days, 21:30, 3 users, load averages: 1.73, 1.53, 1.39

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.