Old 2020-02-28, 05:39   #430
storm5510
Random Account

Aug 2009
U.S.A.

1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diep View Post
I tried search exponent=733 some years ago until 4M.

If you interested you can reserve that one and continue there. If you so lucky you'll have a prime very quickly.

edit: did not finish search till 4M entirely.
I think it may simply be better to stay away from anything < 10,000.

It took me about ten minutes to write a short program to split sieves into work files of equal sizes for each machine. I was careful to make sure it did not skip anything in the source. It begins reading from the top and alternates writing each entry to one of two output files. The top line from the input is written first to both outputs since it contains needed information for LLR. The work load is very balanced as they both finish running LLR within a short period of time.

Nash tables: Using a looping batch process, I have generated a series of tables. It took some doing to get rid of all the extra spaces in each line. They are CSV format which can be imported into a spreadsheet to be sorted.
storm5510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-28, 12:42   #431
diep

Sep 2006
The Netherlands

2·337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm5510 View Post
I think it may simply be better to stay away from anything < 10,000.

It took me about ten minutes to write a short program to split sieves into work files of equal sizes for each machine. I was careful to make sure it did not skip anything in the source. It begins reading from the top and alternates writing each entry to one of two output files. The top line from the input is written first to both outputs since it contains needed information for LLR. The work load is very balanced as they both finish running LLR within a short period of time.

Nash tables: Using a looping batch process, I have generated a series of tables. It took some doing to get rid of all the extra spaces in each line. They are CSV format which can be imported into a spreadsheet to be sorted.
Note sure how far PG has sieved there. You care about this?

Myself i had reserved here k=32767

Will find a few more at later time. Much larger than this. Hopefully not too much time from now.

Yes i want search a couple of low weights at same time there, because for my gpgpu proggie i wrote half a dozen of them can be sieved at same time on the gpu. The small primes p smaller than 64 bits (63 bits in length and shorter - though for 64 bits i intend make a special kernel) get generated then fed to gpu where i wrote some code to sieve for Nvidia GPU's.

The slowest thing is the thing i didn't write - generating the small primes on the CPU. Though i did write a siever for cpu it's not ready production usage and it's single core and not using SSE2 (let alone AVX) versus what's there on the net is with SSE2 (SSSE on my oldie Xeons) and such great optimizations.

After that LLR.

Maybe i should revive my siever for cpu there and optimize it to feed faster small primes than a perfect siever there.
diep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-28, 15:03   #432
storm5510
Random Account

Aug 2009
U.S.A.

1,213 Posts

Quote:
Note sure how far PG has sieved there. You care about this?

Myself i had reserved here k=32767

Will find a few more at later time. Much larger than this. Hopefully not too much time from now.

Yes i want search a couple of low weights at same time there, because for my gpgpu proggie i wrote half a dozen of them can be sieved at same time on the gpu. The small primes p smaller than 64 bits (63 bits in length and shorter - though for 64 bits i intend make a special kernel) get generated then fed to gpu where i wrote some code to sieve for Nvidia GPU's.

The slowest thing is the thing i didn't write - generating the small primes on the CPU. Though i did write a siever for cpu it's not ready production usage and it's single core and not using SSE2 (let alone AVX) versus what's there on the net is with SSE2 (SSSE on my oldie Xeons) and such great optimizations.

After that LLR.

Maybe i should revive my siever for cpu there and optimize it to feed faster small primes than a perfect siever there.
PG is PrimeGrid, I take it?

My Nash tables exclude any Nash value < 1,000. The tables currently go up to k = 924,000. They are divided into blocks averaging 65K bytes per file. If there is anything you would like to have, I can send it along.

I have a GTX 1080 in my i7 system which has not been used for anything in months. It would be nice to apply it to this project area. No GPU application program exists yet that I am aware of. Something similar to LLR would be nice.
Old 2020-02-28, 15:48   #433
VBCurtis

"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

53×79 Posts

Using the primegrid sieve is a massive speed improvement; I'd stick to k under 10,000 because of that alone. Lots and lots of k's are searched to something less than a million; extending that work is a far better idea than trying so hard to find a k that nobody has yet worked on.

CUDA-LLR exists; you can find a thread about it, including source to download. It's not bug-free, but it works at least for some systems and some cards. I believe the largest k it supports is much smaller than that of regular LLR; or perhaps it was that the speed penalty for large k was much worse than that of regular LLR. Don't expect much support if you do try it- hardly anyone uses it.
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-28, 20:07   #434
diep

Sep 2006
The Netherlands

2×337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm5510 View Post
PG is PrimeGrid, I take it?

My Nash tables exclude any Nash value < 1,000. The tables currently go up to k = 924,000. They are divided into blocks averaging 65K bytes per file. If there is anything you would like to have, I can send it along.

I have a GTX 1080 in my i7 system which has not been used for anything in months. It would be nice to apply it to this project area. No GPU application program exists yet that I am aware of. Something similar to LLR would be nice.
If you have nashtables calculated that would be nice to see as i want to pickout a few low weight k's (not too low weight) and sieve those deep.

I wrote that gpgpu code myself in CUDA in 2016 - it's not ready for production yet as lacked priority to finish it.

GTX1080 is similar to some hundreds of cores newpgen there.

I've got a Titan Z here - also has some punch in DP.

The FFT implementation mine only exists on a cpu right now and for gpu only on paper. Sieving on gpu would be finished first with several kernels.

In all cases i go for throughput rather than latency. So running several tests at same time - to use all calculation power of the gpu rather than try to do 1 exponent as fast as possible.

Means effectively a single exponent (or a bunch) runs (run) within a single SIMD and has a very limited number of warps working at the same time for it.

So it's total different approach from what Nvidia releases.

edit: and it might not work for mersenne at all as those transforms are so huge that with that many exponents you would eat too much memory from the GPU's device RAM.

Last fiddled with by diep on 2020-02-28 at 20:10
diep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-28, 23:53   #435
storm5510
Random Account

Aug 2009
U.S.A.

4BD16 Posts

Quote:
If you have nashtables calculated that would be nice to see as i want to pickout a few low weight k's (not too low weight) and sieve those deep...
I restarted the process on my laptop. It is up to 1.5-million now. I believe I should probably stop. Send me a private message with an email address and if you have a preference of which areas are of interest, or you are welcome to the entire lot.
Old 2020-02-29, 13:03   #436
Thomas11

Feb 2003

2×3×317 Posts

Quote:
If you have nashtables calculated that would be nice to see as i want to pickout a few low weight k's (not too low weight) and sieve those deep.
A bunch of about 4500 low weight k's can be found here.
Thomas11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-29, 15:06   #437
Thomas11

Feb 2003

2·3·317 Posts

The attached file contains 322220 k (up to 100M) with Nash weight less or equal to 250.
Attached Files
File Type: zip lownash.zip (1.48 MB, 27 views)
Thomas11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-01, 00:37   #438
storm5510
Random Account

Aug 2009
U.S.A.

1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas11 View Post
The attached file contains 322220 k (up to 100M) with Nash weight less or equal to 250.
I am reworking mine to include all k's regardless of Nash value in k order. I will not need to run them again.

Thanks!
Old 2020-03-01, 02:43   #439
Happy5214

"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

12816 Posts

Quote:

After that LLR.

Is that code public? I wonder if Mark Rodenkirch (rogue, the maintainer of srsieve) would want to take a peek at that. He didn't seem to think that a GPU Riesel siever (or even AVX) would be viable due to the inconsistency in the baby-step giant-step discrete log runtimes.

Last fiddled with by Happy5214 on 2020-03-01 at 02:44
Happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-02, 13:18   #440
storm5510
Random Account

Aug 2009
U.S.A.

1,213 Posts

98475*2^606759-1 is prime! (182658 decimal digits)

k = 98475, n tested to 610,000. Continuing.
No further until April.