mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Blogorrhea > sweety439

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-02-09, 22:36   #155
carpetpool
 
carpetpool's Avatar
 
"Sam"
Nov 2016

23·5·7 Posts
Post

https://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=130425

https://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=130424

for

2*3^n+1
carpetpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 03:58   #156
sweety439
 
sweety439's Avatar
 
Nov 2016

3·647 Posts
Default

Well, can you give all data for (b-1)*b^n-1, (b-1)*b^n+1, (b+1)*b^n-1, and (b+1)*b^n+1 for the b that you have searched? Besides, you seems have also searched the generalized repunit numbers (b^n-1)/(b-1) and (b^n+1)/(b+1), can you give all data for these two forms for the b that you have searched?
sweety439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 04:17   #157
carpetpool
 
carpetpool's Avatar
 
"Sam"
Nov 2016

1000110002 Posts
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety439 View Post
Well, can you give all data for (b-1)*b^n-1, (b-1)*b^n+1, (b+1)*b^n-1, and (b+1)*b^n+1 for the b that you have searched? Besides, you seems have also searched the generalized repunit numbers (b^n-1)/(b-1) and (b^n+1)/(b+1), can you give all data for these two forms for the b that you have searched?
I sieved the following sequences, up to the following limits:

2*3^n+1 up to n = 5M
4*3^n+1 up to n = 2.5M

BTW, Ryan found more terms for 2*3^n+1:

https://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=130431
https://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=130429

Feel free to update your text files if you want. I will let you know when I start testing primes of the form (b+-1)*b^n+-1 and/or b^n+-(b+-1). To make matters simple, I am only focusing on those b that are a power of 3.

Edit: sweety439, I should inform you that I am no longer searching for repunit-PRPs as it was a couple years ago since I found a PRP large enough for http://primenumbers.net/. (Yes, I still search for PRPs in general, but they don't have any mathematical description so they are not submitted to the PRP top).

Last fiddled with by carpetpool on 2020-02-11 at 04:25
carpetpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 11:05   #158
sweety439
 
sweety439's Avatar
 
Nov 2016

3·647 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetpool View Post
I sieved the following sequences, up to the following limits:

2*3^n+1 up to n = 5M
4*3^n+1 up to n = 2.5M

BTW, Ryan found more terms for 2*3^n+1:

https://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=130431
https://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=130429

Feel free to update your text files if you want. I will let you know when I start testing primes of the form (b+-1)*b^n+-1 and/or b^n+-(b+-1). To make matters simple, I am only focusing on those b that are a power of 3.

Edit: sweety439, I should inform you that I am no longer searching for repunit-PRPs as it was a couple years ago since I found a PRP large enough for http://primenumbers.net/. (Yes, I still search for PRPs in general, but they don't have any mathematical description so they are not submitted to the PRP top).
You are really searching the generalized repunit (probable) primes, see https://oeis.org/history?user=Paul%20Bourdelais, you found the PRPs (3^1896463+1)/4, (6^1365019-1)/5, and (37^168527-1)/36 recently, and you are seems searching generalized repunit (probable) primes for all bases -101<=b<=101
sweety439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 23:38   #159
carpetpool
 
carpetpool's Avatar
 
"Sam"
Nov 2016

23×5×7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety439 View Post
You are really searching the generalized repunit (probable) primes, see https://oeis.org/history?user=Paul%20Bourdelais, you found the PRPs (3^1896463+1)/4, (6^1365019-1)/5, and (37^168527-1)/36 recently, and you are seems searching generalized repunit (probable) primes for all bases -101<=b<=101
Sweety, there are multiple Paul's on this forum (and elsewhere). That's not my PRP account. (Look at the https://primes.utm.edu/ links I posted and compare it with what's on my http://primenumbers.net/).

Last fiddled with by carpetpool on 2020-02-11 at 23:40
carpetpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-12, 07:55   #160
kar_bon
 
kar_bon's Avatar
 
Mar 2006
Germany

2,801 Posts
Default

I've updated the Wiki entry for 2*3^n+1, but I don't know the exact range checked so far, at OEIS there's no limit given.
@carpetpool: You could update your found primes and ranges tested there by yourself. Also you could reserve it there, too.
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-07, 22:27   #161
matzetoni
 
matzetoni's Avatar
 
Feb 2019

3·19 Posts
Unhappy huge disappoinment

Okay, so Propper took on 4*3^n+1 without looking for / asking / ignoring my reservation and has now submitted two new primes to T5K. I now officially wasted a year of effort (and electricity). Even more bad, he found a mega prime, which I'd have found in literally a few days and it would have been my first mega prime.


So that's the story. I'll abandon the search.
matzetoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-09, 00:32   #162
carpetpool
 
carpetpool's Avatar
 
"Sam"
Nov 2016

28010 Posts
Post

I'm working on a posting sieve files for some sequences so situations like these won't occur again. Anybody can test them as long as they reserve that sequence. I'm expecting to have some sequences out in a week or two.
carpetpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-15, 18:33   #163
carpetpool
 
carpetpool's Avatar
 
"Sam"
Nov 2016

23·5·7 Posts
Post

Sieving/Reserving MP 11

Ranges will be updated and posted later.
carpetpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Search primes of form 2*n^n ± 1 JeppeSN And now for something completely different 27 2018-04-12 14:20
Primes of the form n+-phi(n) carpetpool carpetpool 3 2017-01-26 01:29
Infinitely many primes of a form? PawnProver44 Homework Help 1 2016-03-15 22:39
Primes of the form a^(2^n)+b^(2^n) YuL Math 21 2012-10-23 11:06
Primes of the form 2.3^n+1 Dougy Math 8 2009-09-03 02:44

All times are UTC. The time now is 17:55.

Thu Jun 4 17:55:36 UTC 2020 up 71 days, 15:28, 1 user, load averages: 1.75, 1.89, 1.96

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.