mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Miscellaneous Math

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-05-01, 20:28   #1
apzyx
 
apzyx's Avatar
 
May 2022

78 Posts
Minus Presentation and doubts with the application and competition of 100000000 prime digits

Hello, my name is Pablo, i´n new in this group.

I am a search engine for prime numbers for hobby and free time, I like to do calculations and possible algorithms and then check sequences of prime numbers

I would like to know how you can enter any number in the prime95 application to do the primality tests, and with it how to participate in the contest of the prime of the 100000000 digits once its primality has been verified.

I´m spanish, sorry for my english =)

Thanks you for your time,
apzyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-01, 20:47   #2
kriesel
 
kriesel's Avatar
 
"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

26·103 Posts
Default

Easy way:
Install and launch prime95,
click Test, PrimeNet, configure that panel, then click Test, Worker Windows, then from selection list, choose "100,000,000 digit numbers to prime test". PrimeNet server will assign your system 100Mdigit primes to test.

Hard way:
manually select a number you think for some reason might be prime,
go to https://www.mersenne.org/manual_assignment/,
paste the chosen prime exponent into the form twice,
copy the returned assignment line,
paste that assignment into prime95's worktodo.txt, run it.

In either case:
Wait weeks or months to find out the corresponding Mersenne number is not prime. Try again.
Read and learn from some forum threads or reference info while you wait.
See especially the attachment at https://www.mersenneforum.org/showpo...4&postcount=16

Welcome, and good luck.


Question for you: how does someone show up as having made over 1000 posts on the first day of joining the forum?

Last fiddled with by kriesel on 2022-05-01 at 20:48
kriesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-01, 21:17   #3
apzyx
 
apzyx's Avatar
 
May 2022

7 Posts
Default

Great and complete answer, thank you very much, so if the prime number is not mersenne, is there no way to check the primality in this application? I've already made an account and I'm processing numbers with the indicated settings. I hope even if I don't get any prizes, to be of help in the search for prime numbers. I see you have a lot of posts, xD You are the master of the forum, I'm just starting out at the moment =)
apzyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-01, 21:31   #4
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502
 
Uncwilly's Avatar
 
"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

245738 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriesel View Post
Question for you: how does someone show up as having made over 1000 posts on the first day of joining the forum?
I think that you are seeing things.
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-01, 21:34   #5
apzyx
 
apzyx's Avatar
 
May 2022

7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncwilly View Post
I think that you are seeing things.
I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand that particular question. xD my english is not very good and the translator not work correctly with this question, =(
apzyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-01, 21:48   #6
Prime95
P90 years forever!
 
Prime95's Avatar
 
Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

11·719 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apzyx View Post
Great and complete answer, thank you very much, so if the prime number is not mersenne, is there no way to check the primality in this application? I've already made an account and I'm processing numbers with the indicated settings. I hope even if I don't get any prizes, to be of help in the search for prime numbers. I see you have a lot of posts, xD You are the master of the forum, I'm just starting out at the moment =)
Welcome aboard. Prime95 can do a *probable* prime test on numbers of the for k*b^n+c where k,b,n,c are all "small". There are other programs that may or may not be able to prove those numbers prime depending on the values of k,b,n,c.

There are no programs that can prove an arbitrary 100,000,000 digit number prime.
Prime95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-01, 21:53   #7
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502
 
Uncwilly's Avatar
 
"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

101001011110112 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apzyx View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand that particular question. xD my english is not very good and the translator not work correctly with this question, =(
Kreisel was asking about the post count shown for you as a forum user. Under peoples' names and avatars is various data about them, the total number of posts that they have made being one of them. (see the attachment) The forum software has had some custom things done to it. One of those is how it displays the post counts. It will factor them to prime factors and display them in different number bases. Sometimes people think that they see impossible numbers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	post count.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	26820  
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-01, 21:56   #8
apzyx
 
apzyx's Avatar
 
May 2022

7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime95 View Post
Welcome aboard. Prime95 can do a *probable* prime test on numbers of the for k*b^n+c where k,b,n,c are all "small". There are other programs that may or may not be able to prove those numbers prime depending on the values of k,b,n,c.

There are no programs that can prove an arbitrary 100,000,000 digit number prime.
ok, I will see to see the possibilities of k*b^n+c and that understands the application by small xD

Thank you =)
And good search!

Such an application that does not exist would be a good invention hahaha
apzyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-01, 21:59   #9
apzyx
 
apzyx's Avatar
 
May 2022

78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncwilly View Post
Kreisel was asking about the post count shown for you as a forum user. Under peoples' names and avatars is various data about them, the total number of posts that they have made being one of them. (see the attachment) The forum software has had some custom things done to it. One of those is how it displays the post counts. It will factor them to prime factors and display them in different number bases. Sometimes people think that they see impossible numbers.
With a single post a 1 was shown, even if it is not prime xD
Thanks for the clarification =)
apzyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-01, 22:02   #10
kriesel
 
kriesel's Avatar
 
"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

147008 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncwilly View Post
Kreisel was asking about the post count shown for you as a forum user. Under peoples' names and avatars is various data about them, the total number of posts that they have made being one of them. (see the attachment) The forum software has had some custom things done to it. One of those is how it displays the post counts. It will factor them to prime factors and display them in different number bases. Sometimes people think that they see impossible numbers.
At the time I had posted that, his post count was shown on one of my browser's page loads as ~107210, and later a 3 digit hexadecimal number. No I did not take a screen capture of either one. Maybe there's some sort of transient condition. Or some mod was playing with content as occasionally happens.

Last fiddled with by kriesel on 2022-05-01 at 22:02
kriesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-01, 22:08   #11
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502
 
Uncwilly's Avatar
 
"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

7·37·41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriesel View Post
Maybe there's some sort of transient condition. Or some mod was playing with content as occasionally happens.
That is beyond the mods (super or otherwise) ability.
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Presentation Thecmaster GPU to 72 6 2019-03-22 07:21
mersenne prime number application? Tamay82 Information & Answers 3 2018-09-08 16:34
Torture and Benchmarking test of Prome95.Doubts in implementation paramveer Information & Answers 32 2012-01-15 06:05
anyone seen this presentation? ixfd64 Factoring 9 2010-09-21 19:39
my first research paper presentation ixfd64 Lounge 2 2004-11-05 23:42

All times are UTC. The time now is 04:06.


Mon Jul 4 04:06:20 UTC 2022 up 81 days, 2:07, 0 users, load averages: 1.88, 1.67, 1.43

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

≠ ± ∓ ÷ × · − √ ‰ ⊗ ⊕ ⊖ ⊘ ⊙ ≤ ≥ ≦ ≧ ≨ ≩ ≺ ≻ ≼ ≽ ⊏ ⊐ ⊑ ⊒ ² ³ °
∠ ∟ ° ≅ ~ ‖ ⟂ ⫛
≡ ≜ ≈ ∝ ∞ ≪ ≫ ⌊⌋ ⌈⌉ ∘ ∏ ∐ ∑ ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ ⨀ ⊕ ⊗ 𝖕 𝖖 𝖗 ⊲ ⊳
∅ ∖ ∁ ↦ ↣ ∩ ∪ ⊆ ⊂ ⊄ ⊊ ⊇ ⊃ ⊅ ⊋ ⊖ ∈ ∉ ∋ ∌ ℕ ℤ ℚ ℝ ℂ ℵ ℶ ℷ ℸ 𝓟
¬ ∨ ∧ ⊕ → ← ⇒ ⇐ ⇔ ∀ ∃ ∄ ∴ ∵ ⊤ ⊥ ⊢ ⊨ ⫤ ⊣ … ⋯ ⋮ ⋰ ⋱
∫ ∬ ∭ ∮ ∯ ∰ ∇ ∆ δ ∂ ℱ ℒ ℓ
𝛢𝛼 𝛣𝛽 𝛤𝛾 𝛥𝛿 𝛦𝜀𝜖 𝛧𝜁 𝛨𝜂 𝛩𝜃𝜗 𝛪𝜄 𝛫𝜅 𝛬𝜆 𝛭𝜇 𝛮𝜈 𝛯𝜉 𝛰𝜊 𝛱𝜋 𝛲𝜌 𝛴𝜎𝜍 𝛵𝜏 𝛶𝜐 𝛷𝜙𝜑 𝛸𝜒 𝛹𝜓 𝛺𝜔