http://www.vanityfair.com/online/dai...-johnston.html
garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 15:49   #2
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

2·11·13·41 Posts

Ha ... that sounds a lot more plausible than the “perfect Jesus-loving family” BS they were trying to project.

Time to once again trot out our trusty spoof of Sarah’s Facebook page:

http://www.holytaco.com/2008/09/29/s...facebook-page/

The "Added/Removed" times on the 2 Katie Couric entries are right before and after the (in)famous first-national-TV interview.

My favorite is the Putin one, especially since he has in fact been spotted running around shirtless a lot lately:

http://gawker.com/5330778/putin-shirtless-again

I must admit I was surprised to not see Levi use the term "MILF" in the interview ... but maybe you have to get the full article for all the juicy stuff. ;)

Dear Penthouse Forum:

I never thought I would find myself writing to you because I always thought the letters you published were fake, but last weekend something happened to me that changed my life forever. I am a senior at a high school in Alaska and am dating "Cristal" the daughter of the governor of AK, "Farah P" (not their real names). "Cristal" is really sweet and I would never do anything to hurt her, but I gotta tell you, her Mom is a total MILFy cougar, and she's always dropping hints, saying how nice I look and how I "really fill up those tight jeans", that kind of stuff. Last weekend, out of the blue, "Farah" says she and her husband "Tadd" had been planning to go camping and moose hunting together but at the last minute "Tadd's" boss asked him to work that weekend, so would I be sweet enough to "fill in" for him (she winked at me when she said that), because she didn't feel safe without a second gun along..."

Last fiddled with by ewmayer on 2009-09-04 at 15:51
ewmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 16:06   #3
Zeta-Flux

May 2003

7·13·17 Posts

I don't know what it is, but I just don't trust a young man who impregnates, then abandons, a young woman; and then accept loads of money to spew evil about her family. But maybe that's just me.
Zeta-Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 19:28   #4
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

19C016 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta-Flux View Post
I don't know what it is, but I just don't trust a young man who impregnates, then abandons, a young woman; and then accept loads of money to spew evil about her family. But maybe that's just me.
I don't know what it is, but I just don't trust a woman who stops governing her own state to run for VP of the country, then after losing decides that she doesn't want to be an elected politician so that she can accept loads of money to spew evil about the people she lost to. But maybe that's just me.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 22:19   #5
Zeta-Flux

May 2003

60B16 Posts

Rogue,

Your response might have been on point if:

(1) It was a negative action to put being governor on hold when chosen as the vice-presidential candidate.

(2) It was a negative action to lose an election.

(3) It was a negative action to step down from being governor.

(4) Any of the actions above were comparable with the actions of said young man and his relationship with the Palins.

(5) The act of stepping down was directly (and not implicitly) connected with accepting money to speak ill of others.

(6) The article starting this thread was a direct example of Mrs. Palin speaking ill of others after receiving money.

Since none of those is true, comparing the two cases seems a bit silly. But further, (implicitly) finding fault with my analysis is very silly. Two wrongs don't make a right. Sarah Palin's faults, whatever those may be, do not make me any more inclined to believe the mean-spirited words of a young man who is a cad.

Last fiddled with by Zeta-Flux on 2009-09-04 at 22:24
Old 2009-09-04, 23:32   #6
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

26×103 Posts

Zeta-Flux,

Obviously you missed my point. I read into your assessment that he is doing it for the money because of his dislike/disrespect of her. I think that is a fairly reasonable assessment. She is leaving her job for the money so that she can do public speaking engagements (some are for amounts in the 6 figures) which IMO is because of her dislike/disrespect for Obama.

In other words, he is getting paid to spew words of hate for her and she will be (or is) getting paid to spew words of hate for Obama, or more specifically, the Democrats in Congress. (Should I also mention her milion dollar book deal to do the same?)

The only real difference between the two is the path they took to get to where they are. He is an example of what not to be in a boyfriend. She is an example of what not to be in a politician.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 04:35   #7
davieddy

"Lucan"
Dec 2006
England

11001010010102 Posts

This Brit (for one) finds the name "Bristol" risible:
In Cockney rhyming slang, Bristol City = titty.

As Sir Thomas Beecham would have said: "How very singular"

David
davieddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 07:57   #8
davieddy

"Lucan"
Dec 2006
England

2×3×13×83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davieddy View Post
This Brit (for one) finds the name "Bristol" risible:
In Cockney rhyming slang, Bristol City = titty.

As Sir Thomas Beecham would have said: "How very singular"

David
OK you cunts.
I watched Pulp Fiction last night.
Bit too many F words, but still love Uma Thurman.

Fuck the metric system: give me me a royale with cheese
anyday.
Old 2009-09-05, 08:03   #9
retina
Undefined

"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

11001001100012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davieddy View Post
OK you cunts.
I watched Pulp Fiction last night.
Bit too many F words, but still love Uma Thurman.

Fuck the metric system: give me me a royale with cheese
anyday.
Well this thread went off the path very quickly. However on this new theme, Uncyclopedia has an article on Quentin Tarantino.

Last fiddled with by retina on 2009-09-05 at 08:04
retina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 22:04   #10
davieddy

"Lucan"
Dec 2006
England

647410 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retina View Post
Well this thread went off the path very quickly. However on this new theme, Uncyclopedia has an article on Quentin Tarantino.
Most Eddyfying

I feel a song coming on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZjxoZdWblI

Last fiddled with by davieddy on 2009-09-05 at 22:48
Old 2009-09-08, 02:41   #11
Zeta-Flux

May 2003

7·13·17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Zeta-Flux,

Obviously you missed my point. I read into your assessment that he is doing it for the money because of his dislike/disrespect of her. I think that is a fairly reasonable assessment. She is leaving her job for the money so that she can do public speaking engagements (some are for amounts in the 6 figures) which IMO is because of her dislike/disrespect for Obama.
I don't know why he gave the "expose" he did. All I know is that he was paid to personally attack someone's character; after he treated the family infamously. Whether or not he dislikes the family is irrelevant to me. The fact that he took money to speak ill of them, after the way he personally treated them, is what makes me ignore him further.

Can you not see the difference between this and Palin's speaking gigs?

Quote:
In other words, he is getting paid to spew words of hate for her and she will be (or is) getting paid to spew words of hate for Obama, or more specifically, the Democrats in Congress. (Should I also mention her milion dollar book deal to do the same?)
Can you not see the difference between the two situations? Why characterize her speeches as hate for specific people? You need look no further than a few posts above this one for a direct example of what it means to speak ill of someone. Does Palin talk about Obama's children the way that davieddy spoke of Palin's daughter?

Quote:
The only real difference between the two is the path they took to get to where they are. He is an example of what not to be in a boyfriend.
I would say it goes much deeper than being a "boyfriend." He fathered a child. He then abandoned said child.

Quote:
She is an example of what not to be in a politician.
So she quit her position. Why would that make her a bad example of a politician? Do you know how many governors quit their positions before their term is up, to further their political goals? Or for family reasons? Do you give no credit to the reasons Palin herself gave for the move?

I'm no fan of Palin, but it seems to me that comparing her speaking gigs to Levi's expose in Vanity Fair is unfair at best. Or finding significant fault, over and above other politicians, for her move out of office (or the other things I listed in my previous post) ...