Old 2022-06-01, 11:11   #4467
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

176D16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retina View Post
https://crumplab.com/articles/blog/p...ing/index.html

They even plagiarised the "I promise not to plagiarise" essay.
Quote:
I am never forget the day I first meet the great Lobachevsky.
In one word he told me secret of success in mathematics:
Plagiarize!

Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes,
Remember why the good Lord made your eyes,
So don't shade your eyes But plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize!
Only be sure always to call it please 'research.'
- from Lobachevsky by Tom Lehrer
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-27, 11:40   #4468
Xyzzy

Aug 2002

22×2,129 Posts

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2022/...the-dark-arts/

Xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-13, 15:17   #4469
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

3·29·79 Posts

Underground bunker found built into creek bed, pirating electricity, contained >$100K stolen property, several people living in it. Not a code-compliant structure. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ted/ar-AAZvthJ

Last fiddled with by kriesel on 2022-07-13 at 15:19
kriesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-13, 16:13   #4470
xilman
Bamboozled!

"๐’‰บ๐’ŒŒ๐’‡ท๐’†ท๐’€ญ"
May 2003
Down not across

263608 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriesel View Post
Underground bunker found built into creek bed, pirating electricity, contained >$100K stolen property, several people living in it. Not a code-compliant structure. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ted/ar-AAZvthJ
Some of Retina's disenchanted minions?
xilman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-13, 16:31   #4471
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

3×29×79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
Some lair! (Summer lair?)
Old 2022-07-13, 20:21   #4472
retina
Undefined

"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

660410 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
Quote:
I don't know because without JS the page is a complete blank to me.
retina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-13, 21:26   #4473
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

3·29·79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retina View Post
I don't know because without JS the page is a complete blank to me.
So apparently none of the plain-text details ruled it out.
Quote:
Underground bunker found built into creek bed, pirating electricity, contained >$100K stolen property, several people living in it. Not a code-compliant structure.
San Jose California police found it, so it would have been located in that department's jurisdiction area.
Old 2022-07-13, 21:52   #4474
retina
Undefined

"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

22·13·127 Posts

Quote:
So apparently none of the plain-text details ruled it out.
Nope. There is no plain text. Without JS it is a complete zero.
retina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-14, 00:26   #4475
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

153318 Posts

"Underground bunker found built into creek bed, pirating electricity, contained >$100K stolen property, several people living in it. Not a code-compliant structure." is plain text. As is "San Jose California police."

Last fiddled with by kriesel on 2022-07-14 at 00:26
Old 2022-07-14, 00:42   #4476
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101ร—103 Posts

2·33·199 Posts

Quote:
is plain text.
Follow the link and then do CTRL-U to see the source. Then search the source. San Jose dose not appear there. I tried it. Retina is correct, no plain text in the non-JS source.
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-14, 01:13   #4477
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

3·29·79 Posts

The web page was summarized by me when I originally posted the link. Are you and he claiming he can not read plain text or quoted material in this thread? His claim of being unable due to self-imposed constraints to read the linked article may be technically accurate, but seems rather moot given the information has been summarized here repeatedly. Including in plain text in https://mersenneforum.org/showpost.p...postcount=4469 and again in https://mersenneforum.org/showpost.p...postcount=4475 and in forum quoted text elsewhere.

Hopefully in this case msn.com will consider this fair use, as I do. (Copy/paste begins:)
SAN JOSE -- Police in San Jose on Tuesday discovered a cache of recently stolen power tools and firearms hidden in an underground bunker near a Coyote Creek homeless encampment and arrested six suspects in connection with the investigation.
San Jose officers were conducting a follow-up investigation of a commercial burglary incident that occurred Monday when they made the find.
The investigation led them to a homeless encampment in the area of Coyote Creek and Wool Creek Drive, where they discovered the underground bunker filled with thousands of dollars worth of stolen items including stolen tools, equipment and firearms.
"It's a hideout that was used to store stolen goods and hid the criminality that otherwise would have been discovered in an apartment or a house," said San Jose Police Department spokesperson Officer Stephen Aponte.
Detectives said it was an burglary of a nearby business, Sprig Electric. early Monday morning that eventually led them to the bunker. Officers say they discovered one of the cars stolen in the robbery stashed near the entrance to the bunker, which was not just being used to stash the stolen merchandise.
"Officers found the bunker -- a living area built into the side of the creek bed. Five of the individuals were living in that bunker and utilizing it as a hideout," Officer Aponte said.
Officer Aponte said the entrance to the bunker was narrow and low, requiring officers to crawl on their hands and knees to access a more spacious interior area.
"It's completely an illegal site -- dangerous, hazardous to the health of the people attempting to live in that location. And it was invisible to common eye," Officer Aponte said.
The San Jose Police Public Information Officer Twitter account posted about the arrests at around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The post included photos of the large stash of power tools and several rifles that were recovered by the officers. Police said a total of six suspects were arrested on a variety of charges in connection with the investigation.
In total, San Jose police said approximately $100,000 worth of stolen goods were returned to Silicon Valley-based Sprig Electric.
The police department said it's not entirely clear what happens to the bunker now that their investigation has wrapped up. A police spokesperson says it's up to city hall to decide if the bunker will be demolished to prevent anyone else from accessing it in the future.
Devin Fehely contributed to this report.
(end quote entire from https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ted/ar-AAZvthJ)

Last fiddled with by kriesel on 2022-07-14 at 01:26