Old 2022-01-23, 19:36   #23
a1call

"Rashid Naimi"
Oct 2015
Remote to Here/There

2·19·59 Posts

FTR:
Quote:

In Acrobat Pro, you can also use JavaScript with PDF forms and action wizard. The most common uses for JavaScript in forms are formatting data, calculating data, validating data, and assigning an action. Field-level scripts are associated with a specific form field or fields, such as a button. This type of script is executed when an event occurs, such as a Mouse Up action.

To learn how to create JavaScript scripts, download the JavaScript manuals from the Adobe website. Developing Acrobat®Applications Using JavaScript™ contains background information and tutorials, and the JavaScript™ for Acrobat®API Reference contains detailed reference information. These and other JavaScript resources are located on the Adobe website.
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/usin...ipts-pdfs.html

It’s not the same Devil that you or your browsers know.

Last fiddled with by a1call on 2022-01-23 at 19:41
a1call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-23, 20:58   #24
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

2·3·1,741 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1call View Post
It’s not the same Devil that you or your browsers know.
Hmmm... Yet more client-side code execution; great... This sounds like a possible attack vector to be carefully considered...

A true story... A client of mine way-back-when had a high-end, high-capacity HP printer "wide open", including by way of an unprotected WiFi network. They didn't take me seriously when I advised them they might not want to do this. Multiple times.

I finally called a meeting, and in front of them sent a print job "over the air" which consisted of a very small PostScript file which ran Conway's Game of Life. One page per iteration...

Sort of a DOS, a benchmark (the printer's compute ability), and a proof-of-concept all wrapped into one...
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote