mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Data > Marin's Mersenne-aries

Closed Thread

Old 2021-10-19, 22:03   #23
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

22·7·359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskull View Post
Be carefull. I can be addictive.
Please. You are blowing sunshine up your own ass.

I have bots that filter out noise like you. I only enter domains when I want to make a point.
Old 2021-10-19, 22:18   #24
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101Γ—103 Posts

22·2,531 Posts

Let me drop some graphite control rods into the conversation to moderate it.

Let's slow down and maybe walk away from the keyboard for a while....
Old 2021-10-20, 00:38   #25
retina
Undefined

"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

189E16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
You post here at the Mersenne Forum. Therefore, you consume my time.

Deal with it.
Haha, That is like saying "you are making me unhappy". But it isn't anyone else controlling your emotions, it is only you that can do that.

Your time is controlled by you. No one else. I am not forcing you to read this comment either. Read it if you want to, but don't blame me if it "wastes your time". Blame yourself, and only yourself.

Your choices.

Deal with them.
Old 2021-10-20, 04:25   #26
mathwiz

Mar 2019

CD16 Posts

Quote:
In my opinion, looking for Mersenne primes is like cardio - running or walking on a treadmill. You need to have the appropriate psycho type for this kind of sport.
And I am more interested in playing or competitive sports.
Do you go to golf tournaments and shout "golf is stupid!" for everyone to hear?

Do you stand on hiking trails and loudly proclaim "hiking is a foolish waste of energy"?

You're entitled to your own opinions about what human endeavors are, or are not, worthwhile expenditures of time, money, or CPU power. But it's bizarre, rude, and frankly pointless to go on a forum dedicated to Mersenne-finding and declare it "for the psycho type".

If you want to participate meaningfully or just observe the effort politely: do so. Otherwise, stop wasting time and bytes on this forum.
Old 2021-10-20, 09:53   #27
greenskull
Xebeche

Apr 2019
πŸŒΊπŸ™πŸŒΊ

2×3×73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathwiz View Post
Do you go to golf tournaments and shout "golf is stupid!" for everyone to hear?

Do you stand on hiking trails and loudly proclaim "hiking is a foolish waste of energy"?

You're entitled to your own opinions about what human endeavors are, or are not, worthwhile expenditures of time, money, or CPU power. But it's bizarre, rude, and frankly pointless to go on a forum dedicated to Mersenne-finding and declare it "for the psycho type".

If you want to participate meaningfully or just observe the effort politely: do so. Otherwise, stop wasting time and bytes on this forum.
I haven't said a single bad word about Mersenne Primes searching or a Golf Tournament.
Do not attribute your fantasies to me, please.
I like it all terribly. But even more I like to explore the curve of the development of progress and predict the passage of the next levels :)

In general, in your words some kind of tension is caught. It seems to me that more positives will not hurt you.
Old 2021-10-20, 10:00   #28
greenskull
Xebeche

Apr 2019
πŸŒΊπŸ™πŸŒΊ

2·3·73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retina View Post
Haha, That is like saying "you are making me unhappy". But it isn't anyone else controlling your emotions, it is only you that can do that.

Your time is controlled by you. No one else. I am not forcing you to read this comment either. Read it if you want to, but don't blame me if it "wastes your time". Blame yourself, and only yourself.

Your choices.

Deal with them.
Well, at least someone stood up for me.
You are just a ray of light in this kingdom of darkness and despondency :)
May good luck and happiness accompany you in everything my friend! Let 52nd Mersenne Prime be yours :)

Last fiddled with by greenskull on 2021-10-20 at 10:36
Old 2021-10-20, 13:14   #29
mathwiz

Mar 2019

5×41 Posts

Quote:
I haven't said a single bad word about Mersenne Primes searching or a Golf Tournament.
Do not attribute your fantasies to me, please.
I like it all terribly. But even more I like to explore the curve of the development of progress and predict the passage of the next levels :)

In general, in your words some kind of tension is caught. It seems to me that more positives will not hurt you.
You seem to lack even the most basic ability to read and understand what other people are writing.

I come here for meaningful discussions about math. You're filling the forum with noise.

Hoping a mod can ban this troll for a while...
Old 2021-10-20, 21:53   #30
lycorn

"GIMFS"
Sep 2002
Oeiras, Portugal

101111010012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retina View Post

Your choices.

Deal with them.
Closed Thread