mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Old 2010-03-20, 12:58   #133
AMDave

Jan 2006
deep in a while-loop

2·7·47 Posts

Change completed
URL tests for CRUS and NPLB appear to pass.
AMDave
AMDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 19:32   #134
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
We are in the process of transferring all servers over to jeepford. There will likely be a period of server outage and a few dead links here and there. We'll let everyone know when this process has been completed.
To all: this process has now been essentially completed as far as the "front end" goes. (And pretty much on the "back end" too. ) All servers, web pages, etc. should now be fully accessible. My apologies for the downtime last night--I really should have warned everybody before starting the process but it slipped my mind and Gary thus had to post the quoted message a little belatedly once he discovered everything wasn't working early this morning.

Note that one important consequence of this migration is that the domains noprimeleftbehind.net and nplb-gb1.no-ip.org are now synonymous. While noprimeleftbehind.net is the one we'll eventually be using for all public links since it's more "professional" looking and easier to remember, either will work just as well for either web pages or servers. The only thing they aren't equivalent for is email--sending mail to max@nplb-gb1.no-ip.org will bounce.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 22:43   #135
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

34·53 Posts

I confirmed that all web pages were correct and updated as of about 8 AM CDT (1 PM GMT) today.

For an easier to remember URL, I would suggest changing any nplb-gb1.no-ip.org link that you have to www.noprimeleftbehind.net, including the server URLs. As far as I know, I've changed all applicable links in the active threads here. If anyone sees the no-ip address in any active threads here, let me know.

Gary

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2010-03-20 at 22:46
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 05:58   #136
AMDave

Jan 2006
deep in a while-loop

10100100102 Posts

Charts are working again
Old 2010-03-21, 23:06   #137
vaughan

Jan 2005
Sydney, Australia

5×67 Posts

Today I'm getting the message that noprimeleftbehind.net:81 is taking too long to respond

Are there server issues or is it my ISP?

I note that the free-dc stats are very slow to respond today too.
vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 00:20   #138
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
Today I'm getting the message that noprimeleftbehind.net:81 is taking too long to respond

Are there server issues or is it my ISP?

I note that the free-dc stats are very slow to respond today too.
Ah, whoops, we've now fixed things so that http://www.noprimeleftbehind.net/ is back on port 80, i.e. no :81 is needed. Sorry if we were unclear on this.

As for the Free-DC stats, they're now on a completely separate server, so that must be something different.
Old 2010-03-22, 12:30   #139
AMDave

Jan 2006
deep in a while-loop

65810 Posts

FDC stats database undergoing some DBA maintenance:
http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showpos...&postcount=169
Apologies for the slow response time.
Steps are being taken by the DBA to improve response times while maintenance activities continue.
Old 2010-03-25, 13:56   #140
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

34·53 Posts

I had a 3-5 second power blip this morning. It's the first one since I put the servers on a battery backup 4-6 months ago.

Most of my other machines got kicked off. But with the phone, modem, router, and server machine all connected to the backup, no one should have noticed any outage.
Old 2010-03-25, 16:43   #141
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

186916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
I had a 3-5 second power blip this morning. It's the first one since I put the servers on a battery backup 4-6 months ago.

Most of my other machines got kicked off. But with the phone, modem, router, and server machine all connected to the backup, no one should have noticed any outage.
Hey, way cool! It actually works!
Old 2010-03-27, 15:49   #142
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

34×53 Posts

I just now had a 30 minute power outage. The UPS did its job and kept everything running. Unfortunately separately from that, the cable/internet were knocked out. Repeated attempts at recycling my modem and router and unplugging and plugging the cable chord were not able to restore it.

Everything is back up now. You might check to see that your clients are connecting.

I'm sorry about the problem.
Old 2010-03-27, 21:45   #143
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce that I just received word from Dave that import of manual results into the stats database is ready to roll! Sometime today I will place the complete manual results for drives #1 and #2 in the results folder; the DB will then automatically pull them in at midnight CDT (GMT-5) tonight. Drive #3 is also close to being ready to import, so that should follow shortly afterwards. From there I will continue preparing the rest of the drives and importing them as they're ready; I hope to have the process caught up to our current level of progress within 2 weeks, 3 at maximum.

Now we can finally have our stats database truly reflect all work that's been done by this project, and those of us who have done manual work will have it fairly credited according to the same rules as automated LLRnet/PRPnet work.

Max