mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-23, 18:04   #540
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

11000011010012 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDogBuster View Post
The following was posted on CRUS by Rogue and may be of interest here.

http://www.mersenneforum.org/showpos...4&postcount=83



Can't wait for that one.
Nice! I can't wait too.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 19:00   #541
MyDogBuster
 
MyDogBuster's Avatar
 
May 2008
Wilmington, DE

22×709 Posts
Default

Me thinks something has happened to G4000. I won't move anything until we determine the status.
MyDogBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 19:01   #542
em99010pepe
 
em99010pepe's Avatar
 
Sep 2004

2·5·283 Posts
Default

Maybe Max is playing with the server. It's down also from here.

Edit: By Gary's output I think his net went down. If you want you can move to C6000, I'll collect your results and send them to Max or format them again to be resend to G4000. It's your call.

Last fiddled with by em99010pepe on 2008-12-26 at 19:06
em99010pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 19:22   #543
IronBits
I ♥ BOINC!
 
IronBits's Avatar
 
Oct 2002
Glendale, AZ. (USA)

45916 Posts
Default

Yup, he appears to be down again.
IronBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 19:39   #544
MyDogBuster
 
MyDogBuster's Avatar
 
May 2008
Wilmington, DE

22·709 Posts
Default

Back up.
MyDogBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 19:52   #545
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

3·11·307 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by em99010pepe View Post
Maybe Max is playing with the server. It's down also from here.

Edit: By Gary's output I think his net went down. If you want you can move to C6000, I'll collect your results and send them to Max or format them again to be resend to G4000. It's your call.
I just got up.

Hum; strange. I'll go to the basement and check all the quads in a moment just to make sure. Yeah, I see my output dropped by 2/3rds in the last hour on port IB5000 so my internet must have been down temporarily. My upstairs Windows desktop seems to be connecting fine right now so I'm assuming the quads are OK too.

I think that's the 1st internet blip I've had in 2-3 months. The other problem since starting port G4000 was, of course, machine-related. It's good to know that it went down, came back up, and people were able to continue running the server without having to start and stop their cores.

I can almost guarantee that any issue on G4000 in the future would be an internet blip and should be very temporary. It's now on my most stable Linux machine.


Gary

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2008-12-26 at 19:54
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 20:22   #546
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts
Default

Hmm...yeah, it must have been an internet outage. The server shows no signs of having crashed or anything like that.

Anyway, glad to hear all is well again.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 23:15   #547
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

3×11×307 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
Hmm...yeah, it must have been an internet outage. The server shows no signs of having crashed or anything like that.

Anyway, glad to hear all is well again.

Well, when I checked it right after the last post, it was all well again and I just now got back on and my connection was down again. I don't know what the deal is.

Regardless, I unplugged the cable from the wall and pulled the cable from the modem, waited a minute, plugged both back in, and it came right back up. I'm sure there was some blip from RoadRunner on at least 2 occassions today. Disconnecting and reconnecting everything seemed to help clear it's little 'mess' out this time as is frequently the case.

So hopefully all is well AGAIN this time!


Gary
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 23:31   #548
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
Well, when I checked it right after the last post, it was all well again and I just now got back on and my connection was down again. I don't know what the deal is.

Regardless, I unplugged the cable from the wall and pulled the cable from the modem, waited a minute, plugged both back in, and it came right back up. I'm sure there was some blip from RoadRunner on at least 2 occassions today. Disconnecting and reconnecting everything seemed to help clear it's little 'mess' out this time as is frequently the case.

So hopefully all is well AGAIN this time!


Gary
Yeah...I have problems like that with my DSL connection all the time. My ISP says that it's because they've got too many customers on the two little switch boxes at the end of my road--though, that was a number of months ago and they still haven't done anything about it. I've been able to chart some regular downtimes: it always goes down at 12:15 AM, 1:16 AM, 2:17 AM, and 3:18 AM. It also goes down sometimes, though a bit less regularly, during the daytime.

Oddly enough, the downtimes have become much more frequent over the last week or so...maybe it's the high winds we've been getting or something in that department that's shaking the phone lines just a wee bit too much for that fragile little box at the end of my road.

Last fiddled with by mdettweiler on 2008-12-26 at 23:32
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 23:50   #549
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

3·11·307 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
Yeah...I have problems like that with my DSL connection all the time. My ISP says that it's because they've got too many customers on the two little switch boxes at the end of my road--though, that was a number of months ago and they still haven't done anything about it. I've been able to chart some regular downtimes: it always goes down at 12:15 AM, 1:16 AM, 2:17 AM, and 3:18 AM. It also goes down sometimes, though a bit less regularly, during the daytime.

Oddly enough, the downtimes have become much more frequent over the last week or so...maybe it's the high winds we've been getting or something in that department that's shaking the phone lines just a wee bit too much for that fragile little box at the end of my road.

What the?

That's remarkable that you have been able to track it to such exact times that it goes down and that they are all 61 mins. apart. There must be some regular maintenance that they do on it at those times or something like that.


Gary
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 23:55   #550
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

11000011010012 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
What the?

That's remarkable that you have been able to track it to such exact times that it goes down and that they are all 61 mins. apart. There must be some regular maintenance that they do on it at those times or something like that.


Gary
Actually, I'm positive that it isn't regular maintenance that's making it crash every 61 minutes during those few hours at night--based on the tidbits of information that I've gotten out of my ISP, I'm guessing that it's probably something more along the lines of some software on the box that needs to restart itself periodically, esp. during the beginning of the day, because somehow it's being overloaded with all the customers that are on it.

I'm also hoping that when they finally get around to adding another box at the end of my road, they will also upgrade it to the 10Mbps speed that they advertise instead of the comparatively poky 3Mbps I'm currently getting. (Probably some folks in the city get the full 10Mbps, since DSL speed has a lot to do with the distance you are from your telephone exchange, but still, I think there's some kind of upgrade that they need to do in there, too--and apparently they consider rural areas like mine a low priority for that stuff. )
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PRPnet servers for NPLB mdettweiler No Prime Left Behind 228 2018-12-26 04:50
Servers for NPLB gd_barnes No Prime Left Behind 0 2009-08-10 19:21
LLRnet servers for CRUS gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 39 2008-07-15 10:26
NPLB LLRnet server discussion em99010pepe No Prime Left Behind 229 2008-04-30 19:13
NPLB LLRnet server #1 - dried em99010pepe No Prime Left Behind 19 2008-03-26 06:19

All times are UTC. The time now is 12:24.

Sat Jun 6 12:24:48 UTC 2020 up 73 days, 9:57, 0 users, load averages: 1.59, 1.64, 1.69

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.