mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Riesel Prime Search

Old 2007-05-29, 04:47   #1
Kosmaj

Nov 2003

2·1,811 Posts
Default RPS New Web Site

RPS New Web Site

Yes, at www.15k.org, because this is the only domain we have.

Special thanks to Karsten who kindly created new top pages and updated a few old ones. Please have a look and let us know what do you think.

We'll add more links, to all RPS drives, and I'd like to add a separate page with more links to prime-search related web sites. Also links to pages of individuals like Cruelty, Flatlander, amphoria and others. The idea is to have all related content not more than a few mouse clicks away.

Only now I realised that low-weight Ks have been mixed with high-weight ones on the "SummaryK-values" page. Only k<300 ones have a separate page now. I wonder whether low-weight searchers prefer a separate page?

And I just found the first error: c and r are interchanged in explanation below the table on the left-side menu. I'll correct that soon.

BTW, the old 15k page has been moved here.
Kosmaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 06:20   #2
VBCurtis

"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

52·191 Posts

The only benefit to a separate low-weight page was the listings of weights for each candidate listed on that page. There is very little overall interest in low-weight searches, and as long as the old page is linked somewhere so those with interest can find the weight stats to best pick a candidate, I would prefer not updating a separate page anymore.

I like Karsten's work in any case. Thanks!
-Curtis
VBCurtis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 06:47   #3
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

23×192 Posts
Default first look

i saw the new page and i have other ideas to make it even better.
i considered myself to make a column with the nash-weight and a column with the maximal n searched and to omit the two columns with sieve 1M / 2M.
if the page becomes too heavy (now Summaryk-values.htm is 340kB) and the download time too long there could be a page with all small primes up to say n=200000. at summary-page there is therefore a link in the primes-column to this new page.
hope there are more suggestions for this new 15.org
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 07:01   #4
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

288810 Posts
Default next error

the bookmark in summaryk-values for k=15 don't work.
i'll fix it and can implement it for all k's if requested.
Old 2007-05-29, 07:58   #5
VBCurtis

"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

52×191 Posts

The sieved-to columns were from 2004, when Joss presieved a bunch of low-weight k values. Almost none of the sieves are more than 100 minutes' work by now, so the data is not worthwhile. Nash weight is vastly more useful, so I vote to change columns as you suggested.

-Curtis
VBCurtis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 06:08   #6
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

288810 Posts

the menu includes the old low-weight page but nobody is udpating this.
i put all information up-to-date in the summary-page.
so let us know: if there's need to put all data for low-weight k's in a separate page or not? it's no problem to do so but i thought that it would be nice and easier to have all data in one page, also i make it easier to read this page with different colors for different types of the k's.
so, please, say your opinion!