mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet

Old 2021-09-04, 06:35   #1
unk

Sep 2021

100012 Posts
Minus Not about Mersenne prime coin thread

This text is a machine translation. The original is here. http://newheroes.forum24.ru/?1-1-0-0...0-0-1630666979

Mersenne prime coin

Hello.
Bitcoin costs $ 49335, Ethereum costs $ 3801.78. Why not make a Mersenne prime coin, MPC.

The server will calculate how much to pay to whom, depending on the amount of calculations. It will be charged once every half hour, the total daily reward is 20 MPC, the issue is limited to 20 coins per day, there are no other restrictions on the issue.

Why does the project need this? Mining is very popular, miners have bought up all the video cards. I hope that the transition to a new server and a new platform will increase the popularity tenfold.

Why do developers need this? Let the authors prescribe for themselves 0.5% of the issue of each new coin. This is not even one percent, in general, seeds. 0.1 coins per day. If MPC becomes worth like Ethereum in five years, then this is $ 380,178 per day. You can also ask on the project page to use only the official application. By doing this, you are supporting the project. And to embed advertising in the official application, which will also feed the authors.

What should I do? Get acquainted with the top 10 cryptocurrencies. How did they become successful? And borrow successful ideas. The miner must be embedded in the downloaded application. In the application, it is mandatory to do manual configuration of mining. Someone will want to mine on three cores during the day, on four at night. Be sure to embed the possibility of updates in the project.

The forum members are required to translate my text and send it to https://www.mersenneforum.org/ I believe that the transition to a new platform will lead to an increase in the popularity of GIMPS. If someone wants to make a cryptocurrency on their own, first, do everything efficiently, take into account the experience of the 10 most successful cryptocurrencies, and secondly, contact the administration of the GIMPS project. It is necessary to avoid duplication, repetition of work already performed within the framework of GIMPS.
p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 115%; background: transparent }a:link { color: #000080; so-language: zxx; text-decoration: underline }
p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 115%; background: transparent }a:link { color: #000080; so-language: zxx; text-decoration: underline }
unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-04, 11:47   #2
Zhangrc

"University student"
May 2021
Beijing, China

1458 Posts

See https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=26491 for details.
The key point is how can we ensure "crypto".
Factors and Res64 are already open to the public.
Also, if those coins were made, people will go to great lengths for money, even cheating (submitting random res64 for example) to earn as much money as possible.

Last fiddled with by Zhangrc on 2021-09-04 at 11:51
Zhangrc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-04, 12:18   #3
unk

Sep 2021

17 Posts

Is there really nothing that can be done at all? Ok.
Old 2021-09-04, 12:27   #4
Zhangrc

"University student"
May 2021
Beijing, China

101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk View Post
Is there really nothing that can be done at all? Ok.
Something, like increasing the amount of money for discovering Mersenne primes, or setting up an award for finding large factors, would help.
Zhangrc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-04, 12:42   #5
unk

Sep 2021

17 Posts

The cryptocurrency feeds itself. But if you can't create a cryptocurrency, then OK.
And if you do this. A cryptocurrency is created, and every time the number check ends, a cryptocurrency is credited. A parallel process. It does not use calculations directly. Or is it possible to fake the statistics that we send to the server? Well, then encrypt the protocol.
It is clear that here you need to think a lot, and work a lot. But the goal of increasing the number of users tenfold justifies the effort spent.

(machine translation)
Old 2021-09-04, 13:51   #6
unk

Sep 2021

100012 Posts

After all, we send data to the server. You can make a cryptocurrency, which will be mined by the administration of the service, and that's it. And make wallets for this cryptocurrency available to anyone. Whenever a participant sends a completed task, the server administration transfers the Mersenne prime coin to the participant. The number is determined by the computational complexity.
I hope that only completed LL tasks will be encouraged. They do not use a video card.
If the statistics sent to the server can still be faked, then the client code should be rewritten.
It turns out that you can make a cryptocurrency.

(machine translation)
Old 2021-09-04, 14:14   #7
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

3·41·47 Posts

Quote:
I hope that only completed LL tasks will be encouraged. They do not use a video card.
cllucas,
CUDALucas,
Gpuowl, all use GPUs. The most rapid and efficient way to do a GIMPS test is PRP with proof generation on a Radeon VII or perhaps RX6900XT GPU.

But testing with LL not PRP with proof file generation cuts GIMPS productivity to less than half due to double-checking (and sometimes triple etc) time required to get matching res64s for the same exponent.

Last fiddled with by kriesel on 2021-09-04 at 14:21
kriesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-04, 14:32   #8
unk

Sep 2021

218 Posts

If video cards do useful work, then let them get cryptocurrency for it. I'm not an expert, and I don't know what kind of work the project needs.
However, it is unlikely that anyone will make a parallel cryptocurrency. The benefits of the project are probably not obvious. All this will make some sense only if the Mersenne prime coin is expensive. Now it is difficult to say how the market will react to such a coin. I offer the owners of the server to mine something. And to transfer the mined as payment for work.
If you can't mine directly, it is unlikely that the currency will be popular.

(machine translation)
Old 2021-09-05, 11:50   #9
unk

Sep 2021

1710 Posts

What can we do?
Only the server is mining, and users have only crypto wallets. Every time the user's client sends a report on the work done, a reward is sent to the user's crypto wallet from the server. The question arises whether it is possible to fake the data that the client sends to the server (including sending it right now). If it is still possible to forge, we process the client's program code.
The main problem is that no one will want to do it. But the source code of the bitcoin client is open. And dogecoin is also open, MIT License. Dash is also open.
If an outsider does, then GIMPS will die. There will be much more miners than the participants of the GIMPS project. This is provided that the coin will be expensive. That is why I propose to limit the daily issue at the level of 20 coins. There will be few of them, and they will be expensive, thereby encouraging people to mine cryptocurrency.
There are different types of calculations in the project. I believe that you need to pay for any work. But the specific weight coefficients will be determined by the project developers.

(machine translation)
Old 2021-09-05, 12:46   #10
De Wandelaar

"Yves"
Jul 2017
Belgium

73 Posts

Quote:
If an outsider does, then GIMPS will die.
What is the added value of your project, apart from distributing Monopoly money ?
Anyway, I'm not convinced that current users are driven by earning MPC's or whatever.

My ... not the truth
De Wandelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-06, 12:25   #11
unk

Sep 2021

1116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Wandelaar View Post
What is the added value of your project
Attracting new people. If the computing power of the project increases by 10 or 20 times, I would not be surprised.
I myself will be happy to earn Mersenne prime coin.

The question is not difficult, in fact. Allocate a server, write programs. Well, each new user will need to register a wallet in the system. Statistics are already sent to the server.

You can even do this as a trial project. It will not meet expectations for a year — the coin issue stops, the project returns to the classic mode.