Old 2021-01-29, 20:35   #23
Batalov

"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

957110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmurat View Post
And why I am alone and all is together I dont know too.
I'll give you a friendly hint. -- you are the only one here who calls people dumb or stupid. Other people (including Bart Simpson) talk about dumb questions.
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-29, 20:43   #24
drmurat

"murat"
May 2020
turkey

5×23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
I'll give you a friendly hint. -- you are the only one here who calls people dumb or stupid. Other people (including Bart Simpson) talk about dumb questions.
İf first answer can be kind enough we cant be here.
drmurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-29, 21:03   #25
VBCurtis

"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

23×54 Posts

If you did your own work, or gave a detailed explanation of what you're trying to do, you get useful information.

If you show up with a really general question that google can answer better than forum users using their time to guess at what you really mean, you get an answer that matches the effort you put into writing the question.

As Batalov said, if you write a one line question you get a one-line answer. Complaining more about that is quite likely to get you picked on more, but not so likely to change the amount of information you get.

If you had started with "I am trying to write code to improve on the standard wheel sieve- are there papers I can read to see some past improvements?" Someone is gonna link some papers for you. That question shows what level someone is at. Yours does not- we have no idea if you can read code, if you can read math, if you just want software to run a sieve.

So, we are dump (trademark?) for not reading your mind and knowing exactly what you are looking for. Cool story, bro. You should just demand we tell you everything so you can pick out the one bit that matches your actual level or interests? Cool- read the entire forum and that is exactly what will happen.

Or, tell us exactly what you're trying to do, and maybe someone kinder than the mods and mean people will give you useful advice.

Last fiddled with by VBCurtis on 2021-01-29 at 21:12
VBCurtis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-29, 21:11   #26
CRGreathouse

Aug 2006

135338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCurtis View Post
If you did your own work, or gave a detailed explanation of what you're trying to do, you get useful information.

If you show up with a really general question that google can answer better than forum users using their time to guess at what you really mean, you get an answer that matches the effort you put into writing the question.

As Batalov said, if you write a one line question you get a one-line answer. Complaining more about that is quite likely to get you picked on more, but not so likely to change the amount of information you get.
There's a lot of knowledge here on these boards on sieves and their implementation. But without more information I'm not sure anyone is going to go into that much more detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGreathouse View Post
Tell on, then! Why do you need to know? This should help us understand which sieves are applicable. For example, would you [count] the Brun sieve? Probably not, but without knowing what you're doing it's hard to say.

[...]

Please tell us all the sieves you found. If you need to know something about the sieves you find, please give us the sort of information you're looking for relating to the ones you've found.
CRGreathouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-30, 05:05   #27
drmurat

"murat"
May 2020
turkey

5×23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCurtis View Post

If you had started with "I am trying to write code to improve on the standard wheel sieve- are there papers I can read to see some past improvements?" Someone is gonna link some papers for you. That question shows what level someone is at. Yours does not- we have no idea if you can read code, if you can read math, if you just want software to run a sieve.

So, we are dump (trademark?) for not reading your mind and knowing exactly what you are looking for. Cool story, bro. You should just demand we tell you everything so you can pick out the one bit that matches your actual level or interests? Cool- read the entire forum and that is exactly what will happen.

Or, tell us exactly what you're trying to do, and maybe someone kinder than the mods and mean people will give you useful advice.
I dont Think the length of question is important
İt is Hard to talk about a project before print
I want it but I have trust problem in this point
İf I can something will more clear
I only talk with acedemicians in my country. The Flow with them so slow
When I need further information I am writing here
I am sorry if I be rude
At the end giving information to me is not business of anyone
Old 2021-02-05, 20:58   #28
BudgieJane

"Jane Sullivan"
Jan 2011
Beckenham, UK

277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmurat View Post
"prime number sieve" and the results are related to eratosten sieve

I write to This forum to learn something
I am not mathematician
I only have symphaty to math
I'm sorry, but I've only just come across this thread.

There is an extension to Google search that you ought to know about. This involves the hyphen, also called the minus sign. When a word in the search command starts with a hyphen it means "omit this word from the results". So when you type into the Google search box
Code:
prime number sieve
Google returns a lot of results involving Eratosthenes, which is not what you want to see. So now you want to get rid of those Eratosthenes results, so you add an extra word to the search box at the top of the results page, one beginning with a hyphen, and it now says
Code:
prime number sieve -eratosthenes
and now you don't see any results for Eratosthenes. You can use this trick as many times as you like until you can't enter any more characters into the search box.
BudgieJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 09:51   #29
drmurat

"murat"
May 2020
turkey

5·23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgieJane View Post
I'm sorry, but I've only just come across this thread.

There is an extension to Google search that you ought to know about. This involves the hyphen, also called the minus sign. When a word in the search command starts with a hyphen it means "omit this word from the results". So when you type into the Google search box
Code:
prime number sieve
Google returns a lot of results involving Eratosthenes, which is not what you want to see. So now you want to get rid of those Eratosthenes results, so you add an extra word to the search box at the top of the results page, one beginning with a hyphen, and it now says
Code:
prime number sieve -eratosthenes
and now you don't see any results for Eratosthenes. You can use this trick as many times as you like until you can't enter any more characters into the search box.
Thank you it Will be helpfull
Old 2021-02-06, 16:54   #30
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

2·3·1,669 Posts

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433
https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/35890
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 19:22   #31
drmurat

"murat"
May 2020
turkey

7316 Posts

This links also makes something clear thanks
Old 2021-02-07, 19:26   #32
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

33·5·37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgieJane View Post
<snip>There is an extension to Google search that you ought to know about. This involves the hyphen, also called the minus sign. When a word in the search command starts with a hyphen it means "omit this word from the results".
Ah, good idea to draw attention to things like this!

The minus sign "exclude" option, along with a number of others, is given in Google Advanced Search.

It took me a moment to figure out what that "?hl=en" at the end of the link was, realized "en" was English, and then of course I had to know all the language codes.

[Google Google]

The list of language codes is at Google Web Interface and Search Language Codes. I looked up the code for Turkish (tr), et voilà!

Google Advanced Search (Turkish interface)
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-17, 19:14   #33
CRGreathouse

Aug 2006

10111010110112 Posts

See also https://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639.../code_list.php (you could get lost in the ISO 639 standard, but 639-2 is a non-overwhelming subset).
CRGreathouse is offline   Reply With Quote