mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > NFS@Home

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-05-01, 20:39   #1827
richs
 
richs's Avatar
 
"Rich"
Aug 2002
Benicia, California

55616 Posts
Default

I'm unsure what changed, but at long last BOINC successfully installed on my wife's laptop, and I was able to connect with NFS@Home.
richs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-14, 04:48   #1828
Batalov
 
Batalov's Avatar
 
"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

957210 Posts
Post

I noticed that NFS@Home website lost its .ico file.
maybe all you need is to put it in root web server folder?
It shows the AT&T icon for the few last days.
Looks like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ico.png
Views:	141
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	23771  
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-14, 04:57   #1829
frmky
 
frmky's Avatar
 
Jul 2003
So Cal

219410 Posts
Default

wfm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NFS_ICO.png
Views:	132
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	23772  
frmky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-02, 22:53   #1830
jyb
 
jyb's Avatar
 
Aug 2005
Seattle, WA

2×34×11 Posts
Default

Not sure if there's one of these challenges going on right now or something, but somebody has grabbed a whole lot of work units from all of the queues. The number of outstanding work units is about 5 times higher than normal, and the 15e and 16e-small queues are both starving for work. Anybody know what's going on?
jyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-02, 23:23   #1831
Jarod
AKA Speedy51
 
Jarod's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
New Zealand

22·3·19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyb View Post
Not sure if there's one of these challenges going on right now or something, but somebody has grabbed a whole lot of work units from all of the queues. The number of outstanding work units is about 5 times higher than normal, and the 15e and 16e-small queues are both starving for work. Anybody know what's going on?
Boinc Formula Sprint is the most probable answer to your question

Last fiddled with by Jarod on 2021-09-02 at 23:27
Jarod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-02, 23:51   #1832
jyb
 
jyb's Avatar
 
Aug 2005
Seattle, WA

2·34·11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
Boinc Formula Sprint is the most probable answer to your question
Yes, looks like you're right. Hmm, usually Carlos warns us when one of these things is coming. Sounds like we should move the queued jobs in 15f-small to the sieving state as soon as possible. Anybody have any 15e jobs to submit? (It may not matter; the server doesn't seem to be generating work units fast enough to meet the demand.)
jyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-03, 00:34   #1833
swellman
 
swellman's Avatar
 
Jun 2012

1100100000112 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyb View Post
Yes, looks like you're right. Hmm, usually Carlos warns us when one of these things is coming. Sounds like we should move the queued jobs in 15f-small to the sieving state as soon as possible. Anybody have any 15e jobs to submit? (It may not matter; the server doesn't seem to be generating work units fast enough to meet the demand.)
Seeing that Fibonacci(1409) had pushed out all its WUs on 16f_small, I moved 8p3_930M to sieving status. And yes, the demand far exceeds production wrt WUs! NFS@Home cannot keep up.

Additional 15e jobs welcome. @VBCurtis just posted a job which I moved to sieving but it won’t last long!
swellman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-03, 00:48   #1834
charybdis
 
charybdis's Avatar
 
Apr 2020

7668 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swellman View Post
Additional 15e jobs welcome. @VBCurtis just posted a job which I moved to sieving but it won’t last long!
There are a bunch of 15e-suitable jobs in the Cunningham base 2 extensions, but Batalov advised against doing them before they get added to the main tables. Does this count as a sufficient emergency to break this rule?
charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-03, 03:41   #1835
jyb
 
jyb's Avatar
 
Aug 2005
Seattle, WA

33668 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charybdis View Post
There are a bunch of 15e-suitable jobs in the Cunningham base 2 extensions, but Batalov advised against doing them before they get added to the main tables. Does this count as a sufficient emergency to break this rule?
Yes, IMO. There's no compelling reason to keep them out. I think Serge's point was that there wasn't sufficient reason to do them in preference to other work. But in the absence of said other work, I think it makes sense to do them. Assuming, of course, that the server is able to push them out fast enough to meet the demand before that demand dries up.
jyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-03, 06:33   #1836
Batalov
 
Batalov's Avatar
 
"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

957210 Posts
Default

We could do some more Fibs and Lucas's, maybe? Their polynomials are frequently easily reused from their lesser siblings without any retraining.
E.g. L1373 c272.
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-03, 06:57   #1837
frmky
 
frmky's Avatar
 
Jul 2003
So Cal

42228 Posts
Default

I increased the wu generation limits so there's plenty of work available now.
frmky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boinc Statistics for NFS@Home borked ? thomasn NFS@Home 1 2013-10-02 15:31
BOINC NFS sieving - RSALS debrouxl NFS@Home 621 2012-12-14 23:44
BOINC? masser Sierpinski/Riesel Base 5 1 2009-02-09 01:10
BOINC? KEP Twin Prime Search 212 2007-04-25 10:29
BOINC bebarce Software 3 2005-12-15 18:35

All times are UTC. The time now is 14:00.


Mon Oct 25 14:00:19 UTC 2021 up 94 days, 8:29, 0 users, load averages: 1.51, 1.48, 1.38

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.