Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-07, 20:34   #298
Brian-E

"Brian"
Jul 2007
The Netherlands

7×467 Posts

Yes, good game!

What I'd like to know now is whether we are going to open up the private areas to all so that we can see each team's thought processes. This could be done by publishing both passwords. Perhaps we could open them just temporarily if we're going to use them again later for a second game if Mike is prepared to set new passwords when the new game starts.

However, if anyone feels that what was said in either team forum is not appropriate for all to see, then I guess they should stay private.
Old 2013-07-07, 22:10   #299
WMHalsdorf

Feb 2005
Bristol, CT

33×19 Posts

Instead of going thru each message it would be better to collect the messages for each move together alternating between sides so as to have one large file that can be viewed all at once.
Old 2013-07-08, 02:54   #300
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

2×5×937 Posts

Wow! Nice!

I would like to congratulate all the players, from both teams, including those who went MIA during the game, and to mention that WMH was a good addition to our team for the final of the game, he is a good player and we couldn't do it without him.

I will join a new game if other people want to start one. It was indeed very challenging.
Old 2013-07-08, 03:19   #301
Xyzzy

"Mike"
Aug 2002

804310 Posts

Each team subforum has had a temporary blocking password applied to it.

A new thread for a second game has been created.

We need to know if each team wants to continue into game two as is or if they want to mix up the players.

If you want to add players that is fine as well but we need to keep the teams balanced.

Once the team captains have decided their teams are ready access to the team subforums will be reinstated. (We also need to publish a list of team members.)

Is this a step in the right direction?

Old 2013-07-08, 05:19   #302
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

2·5·937 Posts

How many ppl in the other team? As SM88 already opted out, here is only me and WMH. The fact we were lucky once does not mean we can face a team of 4 or 5 people in the second match. Honestly I am for a re-draw ("draw" like in lottery, not like in AutoCAD) of the teams (but would like to keep the best players in my team ). However, I would play whatever is decided. It is fun. And one week for thinking a move is a lot of time, one would play bad only if he does not take it seriously. If we keep the teams, we must have whites ().

Related to the finished game, if a vote is allowed, I vote for opening the threads for public access. Few people I know are dying to see what the other teams commented in their treads.
Old 2013-07-08, 09:50   #303
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

5,857 Posts

As it stands we only have 3 plus Zeta-Flux if he returns(I suppose Dubslow is similar for you).
We could do with another player for your team. Maybe you could persuade sm88 to help for as long as he can?
Old 2013-07-08, 11:58   #304
Brian-E

"Brian"
Jul 2007
The Netherlands

7·467 Posts

I think there may be good chances of enticing new players. Various people have made comments in the thread during the months and have evidently been following the game. These people in particular might feel like joining a team for the second game.

In my opinion we don't need to hurry especially with getting the second game started. I'm keen to discuss the first game anyway for the time being, find out where people think the Toxic Geckos made their fatal mistake(s), and get acquainted with the thought processes that both teams went through during the months if that is allowed. Meanwhile, if that discussion takes off, perhaps some extra players may be encouraged to join the teams for the second game. Perhaps we should look towards starting the new game in a few weeks?

Mike, is there any particular reason why you have already hidden the private team fora from the original players? If they could be opened to general viewing, and if no-one involved especially objects to this, it would be a great jumping-off point for discussion of the first game.
Old 2013-07-08, 14:10   #305
richs

"Rich"
Aug 2002
Benicia, California

2×3×5×41 Posts

I agree with Brian that there is no immediate rush to start the next game. I think reviewing and discussing the first game for a while will be a fun and learning experience.

Our team started a new thread for each move so it will be easy on our side to see what the thought process was for each move.
Old 2013-07-08, 17:11   #306
Xyzzy

"Mike"
Aug 2002

3·7·383 Posts

We do not object to opening the team forums to the general public but we want to be absolutely certain that nobody objects.

If the team captains poll their members and let us know it is okay we will do so.

If anyone else wants to join a team now is a good time!
Old 2013-07-08, 18:29   #307
davieddy

"Lucan"
Dec 2006
England

145128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubslow View Post
I wouldn't participate if we could use software (at least not the first time). I'd like to see how we split up/how alike we think/etc., and using software analysis kinda removes those elements.
Hi Bill,
Great to see you're back.
I assume you were busy learning some elementary physics.
I've forgotten what half-assed excuse I gave for not participating in the last game, but count me in for this one!

David
Closed Thread