mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Blogorrhea > gophne

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-01-03, 06:05   #177
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter
 
LaurV's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Thailand

8,543 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gophne View Post
x==y mod x.
0==0.
Always.
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-03, 06:18   #178
George M
 
Dec 2017

628 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
It's all cool dude. Everyone here knows that gophne isn't serious. He's just pushing buttons.
I don’t think it is right to say, “Everyone knows...”. At the end of the day, this is a mere assumption on your behalf, but most likely everyone else’s; it is just a perceived truth, and thus shouldn’t be stated with such certainty.

Last fiddled with by George M on 2018-01-03 at 06:25
George M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-03, 06:20   #179
MisterBitcoin
 
MisterBitcoin's Avatar
 
"Nuri, the dragon :P"
Jul 2016
Good old Germany

2×3×112 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaj View Post
This is crank-thought (there should be some cool German word for this).


Thats hard. It means "Kurbel Gedanke", well thats not even a real word anyway.
Well the translator is blocked from my office, but I guess you mean something like "besondere Gedanken" or especially thoughts.
MisterBitcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-03, 06:24   #180
MisterBitcoin
 
MisterBitcoin's Avatar
 
"Nuri, the dragon :P"
Jul 2016
Good old Germany

2D616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by George M View Post
I don’t think it is right to say, “Everyone knows...”. At the end of the day, this is a mere assumption on your behalf, but most likely everyone else’s; it is just a perceived truth, and thus shouldn’t be stated with such certainty.


He can´t be serios, just saying. Nearly anyone who read this thread knows it.
MisterBitcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-03, 06:26   #181
George M
 
Dec 2017

2·52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBitcoin View Post
He can´t be serios, just saying. Nearly anyone who read this thread knows it.
Look, I understand where you’re coming from, but I’m just trying to prevent any further action of this sort to be taken so that no people feel harmed and unsafe.
George M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-03, 06:41   #182
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter
 
LaurV's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Thailand

8,543 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
If I may please say, you are quite possibly the funniest AI we've ever had here.
I also wondered that, for the last 15 minutes I wasted of my life, reading this thread. The pattern is bot-typical, but I don't think he is a bot, he is just a trlol. He knows some math terms and knows how to use them in context, which is quite difficult for a bot. It is not just Eliza, like storfly and other "guys" we had here around. This guy is more in the "cmd" category.

We may think to a method to catch him/her/it in the future, but for now, the best, unless you think the fun is worth, would be:

and we consider it was good what Serge did, to lcok the therad.
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-03, 08:00   #183
danaj
 
"Dana Jacobsen"
Feb 2011
Bangkok, TH

17·53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBitcoin View Post
Thats hard. It means "Kurbel Gedanke", well thats not even a real word anyway.
Well the translator is blocked from my office, but I guess you mean something like "besondere Gedanken" or especially thoughts.
The best I could come up with was exzentrisches Denken or maybe verdrehter Gedanken, but my German is quite poor. I was hoping for some nice compound word, like Fremdschämen or Treppenwitz. Ich habe Weltschmerz weil es kein Wort gibt.
danaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-05, 15:41   #184
gophne
 
Feb 2017

A516 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaj View Post
I'm sure there are plenty of other examples, some better, but a paper I ran across when I was first serously fiddling with these things, shows a number of similar charts (see page 106-107 near the end). Arranging numbers in an array and noticing patterns of primes and composites is common.

"A Note on the Extensions of Eratosthenes' Sieve" by Quesada and Van Pelt, 1996. By today's standards this is pretty yawn-worthy, but I personally gained some appreciation of the modular patterns from reading it, as well as some ideas for optimizing my SoE implementation back when I first started it (so many things I didn't know then....) I don't think the authors believed they were making really novel insights, but trying to make some helpful clarifications and noting patterns.

Feel free to make these connections, not read anything of the previous work in the field, and believe you are a genius first discoverer. That's great. I am somewhat envious. But I'd also know I was lying to myself.



"They laughed at Einstein, but they also laughed at Bozo the clown."

This is crank-thought (there should be some cool German word for this). The more people disagree with you, the more you must be a misunderstood genius?
Hi Guys, Apologies I had some other business to attend to so I could unfortunately not reply earlier.

Danaj, did you read the link/paper that you posted. If you have, which i doubt, I think you simply "googled" a paper which you thought might support your argument.

Honestly, if you really think that is EASY math, equivalent to what I have introduced to you, then you need to change your medication.

I leave it to all the hundreds of neutral readers out there to decide. I shall be happy with that.

I am in the process of preparing to submit my algorithms to other sites/forums, as well, SO THAT ANY FRAUDULENCY COULD BE EXPOSED FAR AND WIDE, but not by an apparent biased grouping.

Look I might be proved to be the world's greatest fraud in the end, but I believe in my own integrity.
That there might be work out there that predates/expounds on what I claim/submit is not at issue, being cogniscent of the wealth of brain power that is involved in the field of math all over the world.

But what I do know that soon very soon at least one reader/contributor would appraciate what I have "discovered", much of which I have not posted, fearing a witch-hunt of the order of the Inquisition of the Dark Ages. The more times change....the more they remain the same.

On this site, I don't expect a symphatetic ear to anything I say, sad but true. I don't know if there are any other contributers that get that feeling as well, or if i am imagining myself.

However, very soon (about a month or two) if I would be able to still post, I would like to attempt a Proof for the Twin Prime Conjecture. Not sure if it would be a valid proof. But I can already see the commentary in my minds eye if the proof should be successful;

"What a fraud and cheat!!!! That proof has already been done by the Easter Bunny during the Munich October Bierfest, using invisible ink! Off with his head!"

Winston Churchill was supposed to have said,
"If you are going through hell, keep going." ......Source www.goodreads.com

Last fiddled with by gophne on 2018-01-05 at 15:44 Reason: spelling/typing errors!
gophne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-05, 15:54   #185
jnml
 
Feb 2012
Prague, Czech Republ

2×79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gophne View Post
However, very soon (about a month or two) if I would be able to still post, I would like to attempt a Proof for the Twin Prime Conjecture. Not sure if it would be a valid proof. But I can already see the commentary in my minds eye if the proof should be successful;
Sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	411.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	17480  
jnml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-05, 15:55   #186
gophne
 
Feb 2017

16510 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
I also wondered that, for the last 15 minutes I wasted of my life, reading this thread. The pattern is bot-typical, but I don't think he is a bot, he is just a trlol. He knows some math terms and knows how to use them in context, which is quite difficult for a bot. It is not just Eliza, like storfly and other "guys" we had here around. This guy is more in the "cmd" category.

We may think to a method to catch him/her/it in the future, but for now, the best, unless you think the fun is worth, would be:

and we consider it was good what Serge did, to lcok the therad.
LuarV

You cannot be serious as well , can you? Are you openly propagating censorship and oppression of ideas (scientific or otherwise) in this day and age?

Are you even from this planet?

If you are serious, then I have no words for you, and won't be commenting on any of your posts in future. But you can continue to post whatever you like on this forum, no problem, since it would add to the debate.
gophne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-05, 16:29   #187
science_man_88
 
science_man_88's Avatar
 
"Forget I exist"
Jul 2009
Dumbassville

26·131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gophne View Post
Hi Guys, Apologies I had some other business to attend to so I could unfortunately not reply earlier.

Danaj, did you read the link/paper that you posted. If you have, which i doubt, I think you simply "googled" a paper which you thought might support your argument.

Honestly, if you really think that is EASY math, equivalent to what I have introduced to you, then you need to change your medication.

I leave it to all the hundreds of neutral readers out there to decide. I shall be happy with that.

I am in the process of preparing to submit my algorithms to other sites/forums, as well, SO THAT ANY FRAUDULENCY COULD BE EXPOSED FAR AND WIDE, but not by an apparent biased grouping.

Look I might be proved to be the world's greatest fraud in the end, but I believe in my own integrity.
That there might be work out there that predates/expounds on what I claim/submit is not at issue, being cogniscent of the wealth of brain power that is involved in the field of math all over the world.

But what I do know that soon very soon at least one reader/contributor would appraciate what I have "discovered", much of which I have not posted, fearing a witch-hunt of the order of the Inquisition of the Dark Ages. The more times change....the more they remain the same.

On this site, I don't expect a symphatetic ear to anything I say, sad but true. I don't know if there are any other contributers that get that feeling as well, or if i am imagining myself.

However, very soon (about a month or two) if I would be able to still post, I would like to attempt a Proof for the Twin Prime Conjecture. Not sure if it would be a valid proof. But I can already see the commentary in my minds eye if the proof should be successful;

"What a fraud and cheat!!!! That proof has already been done by the Easter Bunny during the Munich October Bierfest, using invisible ink! Off with his head!"

Winston Churchill was supposed to have said,
"If you are going through hell, keep going." ......Source www.goodreads.com
I think you would've got a better reception had you asked is this a new result off the bat. Math comes down to proofs axioms and definitions. That determines the outcome.

Last fiddled with by science_man_88 on 2018-01-05 at 16:42
science_man_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gpuOwL: an OpenCL program for Mersenne primality testing preda GPU Computing 2254 2020-06-02 21:49
GQQ: a "deterministic" "primality" test in O(ln n)^2 Chair Zhuang Miscellaneous Math 21 2018-03-26 22:33
Aouessare-El Haddouchi-Essaaidi "test": "if Mp has no factor, it is prime!" wildrabbitt Miscellaneous Math 11 2015-03-06 08:17
"New primality proving test from Alex Petrov" ewmayer Math 11 2007-04-23 19:07
P-1 B1/B2 selection with "Test=" vs "Pfactor=" James Heinrich Software 2 2005-03-19 21:58

All times are UTC. The time now is 21:57.

Tue Jun 2 21:57:16 UTC 2020 up 69 days, 19:30, 3 users, load averages: 2.63, 2.08, 1.98

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.