Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

426710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Okay--now that I read your post here, as well as read through your original post again, I think I see what might be the problem keeping you from controlling both cores with one GUI. In llr-guiconfig.txt, both of your listings are named "Local". I would suggest you try renaming one of them to "Local2" or something else like that.

Not that I have ever tried it myself, just a hunch.
I guess my edits up there weren't clear. Changing the GUIremote setting fixed it completely. They do both use the same name, but I'd prefer not to "fix" it, since it's not broken. (i.e. the old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.")
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 23:39   #24
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Geek View Post
I guess my edits up there weren't clear. Changing the GUIremote setting fixed it completely. They do both use the same name, but I'd prefer not to "fix" it, since it's not broken. (i.e. the old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.")
Ah, I see. Glad to hear all is well!
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 12:13   #25
Jeff Gilchrist

Jun 2003
Ottawa, Canada

116910 Posts

Has there been any changes to the llrnet.exe code lately? Is there a Win64 version anywhere or is there a link to the latest Windows source code that I could play around with?

Jeff.
Jeff Gilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 14:16   #26
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Gilchrist View Post
Has there been any changes to the llrnet.exe code lately? Is there a Win64 version anywhere or is there a link to the latest Windows source code that I could play around with?

Jeff.
Unfortunately, no. LLRnet's development has lain rather fallow over the last number of years. However, recently a new replacement for it, called PRPnet, has been developed, which is designed to mitigate many of the factors that made LLRnet become obsolete; we are currently operating a beta test server for it at NPLB. See this thread for more details. (The plan is to eventually have PRPnet replace LLRnet as the primary application used by the project.)

Edit: On second thought, I just realized that I didn't answer your question quite completely. Regarding a Win64 version, there isn't one, but the source code is available. The problem is, the Riesel Sieve project, which originally developed LLRnet and hosted the source code files on their web site, has been defunct for a while. I am not aware of any other projects that provide source code for LLRnet (though PSP might). Anyway, I personally have a copy of the source code on my computer from earlier, so if you would like a copy just email me (you can do it from my forum profile page).

Last fiddled with by mdettweiler on 2009-04-28 at 14:19
Old 2009-04-29, 02:05   #27
Angus

Apr 2009

22 Posts

Stupid question time - I tried to post on the new forum but it won't let me, even though I did the verification thing from the email.

How do you know if you find a prime? I see a bunch of threads about posting if you find one, but how do you know?

I'm running multiple clients on a Windows box, not as a service.

I don't see any user account pages here to look at returned results.
Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 02:20   #28
gamer007

Mar 2009

18610 Posts

If you PM your email address, like Dave said in the Team thread, you'll get an email saying your found a prime if you're using LLRNet. Bascially it's all automated.

If you're doing manual LLR (reserving a range to work on, for example), you have to check the logs the tests output. At least that's what I do, unless there's an easier way I overlooked.
gamer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 02:59   #29
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post
Stupid question time - I tried to post on the new forum but it won't let me, even though I did the verification thing from the email.

How do you know if you find a prime? I see a bunch of threads about posting if you find one, but how do you know?

I'm running multiple clients on a Windows box, not as a service.

I don't see any user account pages here to look at returned results.
First of all, what exactly do you mean about the new forum not letting you post? It should at the very least allow you to post a message, though it won't show up until a moderator approves your registration (a similar thing happens here at mersenneforum). If it didn't allow you to post at all, then that's definitely something I haven't seen before.

Regarding primes: as gamer007 said, once we've got your email it's pretty much automatic. Alternatively, you can check the individual clients' logfiles (search lresults.txt for lines containing the text "is prime"), though this is often somewhat time-consuming, and rather superfluous with the email notifications in place.

Regarding user account pages: we don't have individual per-user stats pages (at least not yet). However, most of the same information that would be displayed on a per-user page can be found at the following pages on our stats site:

results by user: http://stats.ironbits.net/statsnew/n...ent=user_pairs
results by team: http://stats.ironbits.net/statsnew/n...ent=team_pairs
# of primes by user: http://stats.ironbits.net/statsnew/n...nt=user_primes
# of primes by team: http://stats.ironbits.net/statsnew/n...nt=team_primes

All of the above pages are, by default, sorted by weighted score (to account for the fact that some workunits take longer to run than others). Of course, the raw unweighted numbers are also displayed (and you can click on the column heading to sort by those instead).

Hope this helps!

Max
Old 2009-04-29, 11:31   #30
Zachariassen

Apr 2009

2·32 Posts

You have probably answered these two questions a million times - but I'll give you the chance to answer them one million and one times
First - I ran into some trouble when I tried to run a couple of WUs from 'port=4000' and 'port= 5000'. I changed the port in my llr-clientconfig.txt-file from 8000 (working like a charm there) to 4000 (and after that 5000) and then the server refused to take my results...
Obviosly I have missed something here, but what... ?

Second - is the deadline for reporting a WU = 3 days ? I wanna participate (100%) in the 48 h. PrimeGrid-challenge starting this evening and if the time-limit here at NPLB is 3 days- I'm in control, but if it's shorter, I need to do something...

Tore

Last fiddled with by Zachariassen on 2009-04-29 at 11:33
Zachariassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 12:23   #31
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17·251 Posts

One little command is there to solve both your problems: llrnet -c
It cancels (one at a time, so repeat the command) your reservations with the servers. When switching servers/ports, exit LLRnet (preferably with wasting as little work as possible by doing it when the number you're crunching is at a low %, i.e. you just finished and reported a number) then run (from the command line or make a shortcut for it) llrnet -c until it says there's no work left to unreserve, then change the server/port and start LLRnet normally.
And yes, the deadline is 3 days, so in this case (as long as you reserve less than ~24 hours of work) you can just keep your work and finish it when you get done with the 48-hour challenge. If it would be longer, you'd want to unreserve your work.
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 13:19   #32
Zachariassen

Apr 2009

100102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Geek View Post
One little command is there to solve both your problems: llrnet -c
It cancels (one at a time, so repeat the command) your reservations with the servers. When switching servers/ports, exit LLRnet (preferably with wasting as little work as possible by doing it when the number you're crunching is at a low %, i.e. you just finished and reported a number) then run (from the command line or make a shortcut for it) llrnet -c until it says there's no work left to unreserve, then change the server/port and start LLRnet normally.
Thanks for the answer Mini-Geek
Yes - this is OK for the Linux-clients, but how about the GUI-client in Windows ? (I have one of those too)

Quote:
And yes, the deadline is 3 days, so in this case (as long as you reserve less than ~24 hours of work) you can just keep your work and finish it when you get done with the 48-hour challenge. If it would be longer, you'd want to unreserve your work.
Nice - then I just stop'em during the challange and resume'em when it's finished
Zachariassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 13:24   #33
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachariassen View Post
Thanks for the answer Mini-Geek
Yes - this is OK for the Linux-clients, but how about the GUI-client in Windows ? (I have one of those too)
Works the same on Windows. Just open a command prompt window to your LLRnet folder, and run "llrnet -c". Or, as Mini-Geek suggested, create a shortcut to it in the GUI. (Actually, a batch file might work better here, since Windows will ask "terminate batch job? y/n" after LLRnet exits, thus allowing you to see at a glance whether there are any more k/n pairs to cancel without needing *really* sharp eyes... )