Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Old 2009-04-22, 10:40   #188
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT)

22·5·283 Posts

i am getting a bit bored of being by far the active user with most points in the - team
i have finally made my decision
could i be added to ROLP please
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 11:15   #189
MyDogBuster

May 2008
Wilmington, DE

B1416 Posts

Quote:
Hello.

Please add opyrt to Team Norway.
Thanks.
Done - Results should refect this at the top of the hour.

Welcome and have fun.

Last fiddled with by MyDogBuster on 2009-04-22 at 11:15
MyDogBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 11:18   #190
MyDogBuster

May 2008
Wilmington, DE

54248 Posts

Quote:
Best advertisement: AMD Users
Problem: I´m a Intel-freak ;)

I think, I join the team that sounds most funny to my.

Please add me to ROLP.
Quote:
am getting a bit bored of being by far the active user with most points in the - team
i have finally made my decision
could i be added to ROLP please
Done and Done

Welcome to the team that controls the keys to the house. Wise choices.

LOL
MyDogBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 13:09   #191
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

7×1,447 Posts

I'm having a little issue with my IP address being locked out of the top-5000 site because somehow my password got stored incorrecty and it automatically keeps trying the incorrect one every time I try without giving me a chance to enter the correct one. I've had this problem at least twice before. It's very maddening because each time, I've probably stored the password incorrectly just one time but that is all it takes without a chance to correct it. It's probably as a result of entering primes now for 3 different people besides myself.

Anyway, I've sent a note to Prof. Caldwell. The prime for Zachariassen should be submitted later today.

Gary

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2009-04-22 at 13:11
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 13:25   #192
Zachariassen

Apr 2009

1810 Posts

Hi Gary.

Sorry for getting you in to trouble...

I try to enter my next prime (if I gonna find another one ) myself...

Tore
Zachariassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 14:07   #193
Svenie25

Aug 2008
Good old Germany

3×47 Posts

It isn´t very complicated. Zachariassen, if you could understand german writting, I can give a relativ good "guide" how to setup a profferaccount over at SETI.Germany.
Svenie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 14:17   #194
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17×251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
I'm having a little issue with my IP address being locked out of the top-5000 site because somehow my password got stored incorrecty and it automatically keeps trying the incorrect one every time I try without giving me a chance to enter the correct one. I've had this problem at least twice before. It's very maddening because each time, I've probably stored the password incorrectly just one time but that is all it takes without a chance to correct it. It's probably as a result of entering primes now for 3 different people besides myself.

Anyway, I've sent a note to Prof. Caldwell. The prime for Zachariassen should be submitted later today.

Gary
Are you using Firefox or IE?
In Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Security > Saved Passwords button and remove the incorrect or extra password(s).
For IE, you can either delete all AutoComplete info in Tools > Internet Options > Content > Settings (under AutoComplete) > Delete AutoComplete history; or delete the primes.utm.edu entries with this tool. (just found that with Google, looks safe but I can't personally vouch for it)
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 14:24   #195
Zachariassen

Apr 2009

2×32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenie25 View Post
It isn´t very complicated. Zachariassen, if you could understand german writting, I can give a relativ good "guide" how to setup a profferaccount over at SETI.Germany.
Thank you Svenie25, but I have found a post written by gd_barnes somewere around here, and I think I understood what to do... and I hope to try it very soon (next time I find a prime - or more correctly - IF I gonna find another prime)...besides - my german skills are not good - I would say next to none...
But again - thanks for the offer...

Tore
Zachariassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 14:51   #196
IronBits
I ♥ BOINC!

Oct 2002
Glendale, AZ. (USA)

111310 Posts

try sudo chmod 666 *.txt in each client directory, then you can run it as a normal user. :) Glad to hear you're having fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachariassen View Post
...and I've done my first mistake - after I restarted my llrnet-clients (in Terminal - I'm using Linux) I forgot to start 'em as "superuser" - That didn't work out well - I wasn't allowed to read the result to the 'result.txt'-file.
IronBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 16:41   #197
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

7·1,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachariassen View Post
Hi Gary.

Sorry for getting you in to trouble...

I try to enter my next prime (if I gonna find another one ) myself...

Tore

No trouble at all. Just a little technical thing that Prof. Caldwell and I had to get straigtened out. It's all taken care of now. Since I've already entered your proof code for you, you can easily enter more primes. I'll just need to give you the password.

For people where I enter their primes, I have to use my Email address because that is where it sends the temporary password. Once I give you that, you could make the change in your "prover account" to your own Email address and also change the temporary password to something that you would more easily remember.

If you'd like the password, let me know in a PM (private message) and I'll send it to you along with a link to your prover account and proof code. You'll then easily be able to enter your own primes in the future.

Gary

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2009-04-22 at 16:41
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 17:48   #198
Brucifer

Dec 2005

13916 Posts

Please move me from AMD_Users to Raiders of the Lost Primes.
Brucifer is offline   Reply With Quote