mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Data > mersenne.ca

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-12-30, 09:22   #78
lycorn
 
lycorn's Avatar
 
Sep 2002
Oeiras, Portugal

11×131 Posts
Default

Any chance of updating the number of primes found so our latest achievement shows up on the table?
lycorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 16:07   #79
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

3×23×47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycorn View Post
Any chance of updating the number of primes found so our latest achievement shows up on the table?
monst just told me about it being missing from https://www.mersenne.ca/status and that's fixed now. I assume that's the "table" to which you refer?
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 22:22   #80
lycorn
 
lycorn's Avatar
 
Sep 2002
Oeiras, Portugal

11·131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
monst just told me about it being missing from https://www.mersenne.ca/status and that's fixed now. I assume that's the "table" to which you refer?
It is, indeed. Thank you.
lycorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-02, 18:23   #81
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

3·23·47 Posts
Default

I just recently monkeyed with the database structure so it's possible I broke things. If you spot anything amiss, please let me know (either post here or email me directly).
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-03, 00:25   #82
GP2
 
GP2's Avatar
 
Sep 2003

32×7×41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
I just recently monkeyed with the database structure so it's possible I broke things. If you spot anything amiss, please let me know (either post here or email me directly).
I guess this will affect the exported SQL dumps? Do the files available for download reflect this change yet?

By the way, there were 38 factors for hyperlarge exponents (> 10G) in the old global SQL dump files, have these been dropped now?
GP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-03, 01:57   #83
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

3×23×47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP2 View Post
I guess this will affect the exported SQL dumps?
No, the change only affected the database table storing the GIMPS results imported from PrimeNet. known_factors_* and other exported tables are not affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP2 View Post
By the way, there were 38 factors for hyperlarge exponents (> 10G) in the old global SQL dump files, have these been dropped now?
No, they're still there, I just hadn't thought to export them. There's a link at the bottom of the export page now.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-09, 14:00   #84
Chuck
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
May 2011
Orange Park, FL

22·7·31 Posts
Default I like the new change

I like the change in the status display which shows exactly where current assignments are, especially with so many being reserved at a time.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-09, 14:13   #85
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

3×23×47 Posts
Default

I find it helpful too. Note that these are not realtime results, the assignment count/distribution is only updated once per day, but it's a guide at least.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-09, 17:14   #86
ramgeis
 
ramgeis's Avatar
 
Apr 2013

22·29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
I find it helpful too. Note that these are not realtime results, the assignment count/distribution is only updated once per day, but it's a guide at least.
A nice feature indeed.


By the way, in the assignment request form on that page the "Min current TF" value seems to have no effect. Whatever I enter there, the value seems to be replaced by 65.
ramgeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-09, 18:08   #87
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

3·23·47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramgeis View Post
in the assignment request form on that page the "Min current TF" value seems to have no effect.
Thanks. Please try again, it should work better now.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-09, 23:25   #88
ramgeis
 
ramgeis's Avatar
 
Apr 2013

22×29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
Thanks. Please try again, it should work better now.
it still doesn't... I requested assignments from 68 to 69 and got assignments from 67 to 69
ramgeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Small inconsistencies between mersenne.org and mersenne.ca factor databases GP2 mersenne.ca 44 2016-06-19 19:29
mersenne.ca (ex mersenne-aries.sili.net) LaurV mersenne.ca 8 2013-11-25 21:01
Gaussian-Mersenne & Eisenstein-Mersenne primes siegert81 Math 2 2011-09-19 17:36
Mersenne Wiki: Improving the mersenne primes web site by FOSS methods optim PrimeNet 13 2004-07-09 13:51

All times are UTC. The time now is 07:54.

Wed Jan 20 07:54:05 UTC 2021 up 48 days, 4:05, 0 users, load averages: 4.11, 3.91, 3.80

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.