mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Data > mersenne.ca

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-04-20, 14:44   #56
retina
Undefined
 
retina's Avatar
 
"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

2×34×37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kladner View Post
My first thought was to wonder which (electronic) bus was in question. I realize now that it is the Bus of Unexpected Fatality.
I think it is the USB. Not the Universal Serial Bus. The Unseen School Bus.
retina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 14:55   #57
VictordeHolland
 
VictordeHolland's Avatar
 
"Victor de Hollander"
Aug 2011
the Netherlands

100100110002 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
See post #40 for download links, ~3.5GB zipped.
I tried downloading the 3GB zipped file, but it stops downloading after about 5-10 minutes (<1GB). I've retried it a couple of times now, without success. Is it something on my side or is the server capping/aborting the transfer?
(downloading 10GB+ zipped files with relations from the NFS server works fine)

The 600MB file download works fine though.
VictordeHolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 15:02   #58
kladner
 
kladner's Avatar
 
"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

27A316 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retina View Post
I think it is the USB. Not the Universal Serial Bus. The Unseen School Bus.
LOL!
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 15:51   #59
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

62458 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictordeHolland View Post
I tried downloading the 3GB zipped file, but it stops downloading after about 5-10 minutes (<1GB). I've retried it a couple of times now, without success. Is it something on my side or is the server capping/aborting the transfer?
Nothing intentionally stopping the transfer. If it helps, I've created a .torrent version for each (auto-updated each week) with the http server as webseed
https://www.mersenne.ca/known_factors.sql.gz.torrent
https://www.mersenne.ca/prime_numbers.sql.gz.torrent
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 16:09   #60
Mark Rose
 
Mark Rose's Avatar
 
"/X\(‘-‘)/X\"
Jan 2013

24×3×61 Posts
Default

I was able to download full copies fine yesterday. They decompressed without issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
Nothing intentionally stopping the transfer. If it helps, I've created a .torrent version for each (auto-updated each week) with the http server as webseed
https://www.mersenne.ca/known_factors.sql.gz.torrent
https://www.mersenne.ca/prime_numbers.sql.gz.torrent
Are the dumps being updated weekly now?

What time and day of week (UTC?) are the torrents being updated? I'll cron downloading them to seed them automatically.
Mark Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 16:13   #61
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

2×3×1,567 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
If it helps, I've created a .torrent version for each (auto-updated each week) with the http server as webseed
I just added these to my rtorrent client, and I'm not seeing any seeders. Are you sure your server has the appropriate ports open?
chalsall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 16:52   #62
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

323710 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rose View Post
Are the dumps being updated weekly now? What time and day of week (UTC?) are the torrents being updated? I'll cron downloading them to seed them automatically.
It was monthly, but I can make it weekly. Export now starts 9pm (EST/EDT) every Sat and takes ~15 mins. To be safe (4-5h timezone, an hour for export), you can cron for mirror at/after 0300h every Sunday.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 16:53   #63
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

1100101001012 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
I just added these to my rtorrent client, and I'm not seeing any seeders. Are you sure your server has the appropriate ports open?
I tried it in uTorrent and it worked fine. All that needs to be open is port 80.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 16:53   #64
Mark Rose
 
Mark Rose's Avatar
 
"/X\(‘-‘)/X\"
Jan 2013

24×3×61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
I just added these to my rtorrent client, and I'm not seeing any seeders. Are you sure your server has the appropriate ports open?
The web seeding is working fine for me at work. I'll configure rtorrent at home tonight.
Mark Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 16:56   #65
Mark Rose
 
Mark Rose's Avatar
 
"/X\(‘-‘)/X\"
Jan 2013

24·3·61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
It was monthly, but I can make it weekly. Export now starts 9pm (EST/EDT) every Sat and takes ~15 mins. To be safe (4-5h timezone, an hour for export), you can cron for mirror at/after 0300h every Sunday.
Alright, I'll schedule weekly based on that time.
Mark Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 18:19   #66
VictordeHolland
 
VictordeHolland's Avatar
 
"Victor de Hollander"
Aug 2011
the Netherlands

23·3·72 Posts
Default

The torrents work fine, thanks for making this all possible .
VictordeHolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Small inconsistencies between mersenne.org and mersenne.ca factor databases GP2 mersenne.ca 44 2016-06-19 19:29
mersenne.ca (ex mersenne-aries.sili.net) LaurV mersenne.ca 8 2013-11-25 21:01
Gaussian-Mersenne & Eisenstein-Mersenne primes siegert81 Math 2 2011-09-19 17:36
Mersenne Wiki: Improving the mersenne primes web site by FOSS methods optim PrimeNet 13 2004-07-09 13:51

All times are UTC. The time now is 18:14.

Fri Jan 15 18:14:57 UTC 2021 up 43 days, 14:26, 0 users, load averages: 1.58, 1.81, 1.93

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.