mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Prime Sierpinski Project

Old 2004-11-22, 22:49   #1
SB2

Jul 2003

2×3×19 Posts
Default Sobistrator?

I'm sure most if not all here have heard are used this app, the question is since this project's ".dat" file is named the same as the SOB projects is it possible to use this app to moniter and feed work to the clients on a LAN for this project? Obviously one cannot use the built-in submit factors option, but the ablity to push new work out to the clients would be very handy for those with several machines sieving.
SB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 22:53   #2
em99010pepe

Sep 2004

2×5×283 Posts

SB2,

I use rieselator.

Carlos
em99010pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 22:56   #3
SB2

Jul 2003

2·3·19 Posts

Basicly the same program, so if you are using it then it is possible to use either one, which is good news. Thanks
Old 2004-11-22, 22:59   #4
em99010pepe

Sep 2004

2·5·283 Posts

I'm only using it on one computer but it is possible to achieve what you want.

Carlos
em99010pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 23:00   #5
Citrix

Jun 2003

22×397 Posts

You can use it, if you like. I have no experience with it and hence will not be able to help, with the setup, installation etc.

Citrix
Citrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 23:12   #6
SB2

Jul 2003

11410 Posts

Yes, I have experience running it. One of the best features is the ablity to equalize work between all machines at the click of a button.
Old 2006-04-10, 00:57   #7
KAMCOBILL

Apr 2006

3×11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB2
Yes, I have experience running it. One of the best features is the ablity to equalize work between all machines at the click of a button.
How did you set it up to send work to This Peoject? I have Rieselator and Sobistrator but can't seem to find out how it send it to different servers. The only thing that I could find was URL for clicking copy new.

Thanks

Bill
KAMCOBILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 09:07   #8
hhh

Jun 2005

373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMCOBILL
How did you set it up to send work to This Peoject? I have Rieselator and Sobistrator but can't seem to find out how it send it to different servers. The only thing that I could find was URL for clicking copy new.

Thanks

Bill
If I get you right you have problems setting up Sobistrator in a network and taking advantage of its network abilities. Even though I can't actually help you, having no network handy, a question and a hint: Does Sobistrator work as a one-machine-tool?
And if nobody can help you here, you could post your problem at the sieving section of the SoB forum

Yours H.

Last fiddled with by hhh on 2006-04-10 at 09:08
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 12:28   #9
ltd

Apr 2003

22×193 Posts

If you mean a automatic reporting the results back to the PSP project there is no way at the moment. You have to send in the results(fact.txt) by mail.

Sorry but there is no infrastructure for automatic reporting at the moment.

Lars
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 07:25   #10
KAMCOBILL

Apr 2006

3×11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
If you mean a automatic reporting the results back to the PSP project there is no way at the moment. You have to send in the results(fact.txt) by mail.

Sorry but there is no infrastructure for automatic reporting at the moment.

Lars
OK. That answers my question.

I figured if I entered the server it would work. I'll just keep using it to monitor the network then.

Thanks

Bill
KAMCOBILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 16:39   #11
Brucifer

Dec 2005

313 Posts

Even rieselsieve still requires that the results are submitted manually for their sieving. They sure have a slick reservation system though. :) I think that is the work of Bryan. :) Looks nice.

A comment of my own thoughts on automation... while bells and whistles are nice, and everyone loves them, they do take time and effort to create. And in the time and effort department Lars already does a lot, and has his real world job to keep up with also. And so in keeping some perspective about all this desire to have automated stuff, I'm happy to just have what we have here as a number of people have and are working hard just to maintain the status-quo here. If some capable programmer comes along that has the time and desire to write some fancy stuff, I'm sure that the powers to be would appreciate it. But I sure wouldn't want to see the people working their butts off to keep this site running feel that they weren't appreciated just because it isn't automated.
Brucifer is offline   Reply With Quote