mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Hardware

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-23, 14:39   #1
joblack
 
joblack's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
n00bville

52·29 Posts
Default Did anybody get an AMD Phenom II X6 1055T so far?

The Phenom 2 X6 1055T has six cores, 2.8 GhZ and costs around 180 Euro. Not bad for a hexcore cpu.

Will somebody buy it or can check out the Prime95 performance on it?

Last fiddled with by joblack on 2010-04-23 at 14:46
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 01:46   #2
Batalov
 
Batalov's Avatar
 
"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

24B616 Posts
Default

An interesting evening. Chips are out for sale (and for a few days on Amazon as a sneaky pre-order), but there are still no official specs from AMD and/or BIOS updates from mobo makers.

But tomorrow this will hopefully change. We'll see.
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 04:09   #3
joblack
 
joblack's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
n00bville

52×29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
An interesting evening. Chips are out for sale (and for a few days on Amazon as a sneaky pre-order), but there are still no official specs from AMD and/or BIOS updates from mobo makers.

But tomorrow this will hopefully change. We'll see.
Some guys already have benchmarks on youtube (so the BIOSes seem to work). If somebody get one can he/she make a Prime95 100M benchmark (like described in the other thread)?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 06:07   #4
Batalov
 
Batalov's Avatar
 
"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

2×37×127 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Some guys already have benchmarks on youtube (so the BIOSes seem to work).
BIOSes? plural? Are you saying that every BIOS will work? Wouldn't that be nice? Don't think so.

But it's easy. Swimming with the flow is easy.* Take out a few hundred more and buy a whole new system. GA-890GPA-UD3H will work because that's what they want you to buy - it's ready, ...but for the existing mothers, you will need to flash. I don't blame GA: usually they are contractually bound to release the updates when the maker releases the chip, which is tomorrow. AMD is site was still vacant of any mention of six-cores, but now midnight struck and the magic tampax turned into a pumpkin ...oops.

Ok, it's time to search for updates - now.

______
*When I see a splash-screen like that one, I can't help admiring their market analysts. They've got it! Show something supersized to an American and they will have an urge to buy it. Brilliant. And so true.
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 12:49   #5
joblack
 
joblack's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
n00bville

52·29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
BIOSes? plural? Are you saying that every BIOS will work? Wouldn't that be nice? Don't think so.

But it's easy. Swimming with the flow is easy.* Take out a few hundred more and buy a whole new system. GA-890GPA-UD3H will work because that's what they want you to buy - it's ready, ...but for the existing mothers, you will need to flash. I don't blame GA: usually they are contractually bound to release the updates when the maker releases the chip, which is tomorrow. AMD is site was still vacant of any mention of six-cores, but now midnight struck and the magic tampax turned into a pumpkin ...oops.

Ok, it's time to search for updates - now.
The plural of BIOS can be 'only' two so if I would have said all BIOSes you would be correct ^^.

In a lot of circumstances the processor starts (with an old bios) but isn't recognized correctly. It's almost always a good idea to upgrade the BIOS. Anyway, I would take the chance ... to get one of these babies.

My 100M number needs fuel *hehe* ..
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 21:53   #6
moebius
 
moebius's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Germany

22716 Posts
Exclamation

A list of Gigabyte MB's that currently support AMD six-core CPU's. An updated list is probably available there at the end of the week.

http://mbforum.gigabyte.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=844&pageNo=1
moebius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 22:04   #7
Batalov
 
Batalov's Avatar
 
"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

2×37×127 Posts
Default

Just as I expected, for the GA-MA790GP-UD4H the F7-beta BIOS is not doing anything yet. I've prodded GA's web support, no answer yet.

Ah, wait. The answer just came:
"Dear customer,
We already sent board to AMD for X6 processor validation, still not get result from AMD yet, please check back with us in two weeks."
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 05:16   #8
odin
 
Apr 2010

2710 Posts
Default

I just bought the AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition on ebay for $278 OEM version. I'm going to use the Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H motherboard with it.

When I get it an set everything up I'll post benchmarks. Give me about a week or 2.

Odin.

Last fiddled with by odin on 2010-04-28 at 05:16
odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 17:17   #9
joblack
 
joblack's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
n00bville

52·29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin View Post
I just bought the AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition on ebay for $278 OEM version. I'm going to use the Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H motherboard with it.

When I get it an set everything up I'll post benchmarks. Give me about a week or 2.

Odin.
Great :).

Can you use the exponent and settings shown in the 100M hardware thread?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 18:42   #10
odin
 
Apr 2010

1B16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Great :).

Can you use the exponent and settings shown in the 100M hardware thread?
I can't find the thread you are referring to. Can you please give a link?

I haven't received the parts as yet however so give me 2 weeks max.

Odin.
odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 21:03   #11
joblack
 
joblack's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
n00bville

52×29 Posts
Default

Here we go:

http://mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=13185
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1045T KingKurly Lounge 5 2010-10-19 04:01
Phenom II X4 955's have arrived Batalov Hardware 0 2009-04-23 01:23
Phenom 2? uigrad Hardware 12 2009-01-20 20:43
Phenom Phun sdbardwick Hardware 6 2008-08-18 01:39
Phenom question fivemack Hardware 5 2008-08-18 01:30

All times are UTC. The time now is 00:05.

Fri Apr 23 00:05:18 UTC 2021 up 14 days, 18:46, 0 users, load averages: 2.22, 1.92, 1.79

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.