mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Data > mersenne.ca

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-01-20, 22:01   #804
alpertron
 
alpertron's Avatar
 
Aug 2002
Buenos Aires, Argentina

2×3×241 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
Not false positives, the result clearly says no factor from 2^82 to 2^83 and there is a known 82.568-bit factor. How else am I supposed to interpret this?
If the user did indeed factor from 82-83 complete and did not stop after finding the factor, the it should be reported as a completed TF-F run, with factor, not as TF-NF.
According to https://www.mersenne.ca/exponent/726064763, the factor was found on 2021-12-28T12:50:52, but the TF was done three days later. I would expect the text "skipped known factors(?)" to appear.
alpertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-20, 22:58   #805
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

3×1,237 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpertron View Post
the factor was found on 2021-12-28T12:50:52, but the TF was done three days later.
I would expect the text "skipped known factors(?)" to appear.
It does now, thank you.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-21, 02:48   #806
Zhangrc
 
"University student"
May 2021
Beijing, China

2·53 Posts
Default

Thank you, James!
https://www.mersenne.ca/exponent/13291111

Last fiddled with by Zhangrc on 2022-01-21 at 02:48
Zhangrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-26, 03:25   #807
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter
 
LaurV's Avatar
 
"name field"
Jun 2011
Thailand

2·17·293 Posts
Default

Wow! That is a lot of work done there! Hat off and bow at James.

Some nitpicking: In the "p-1 missed" you could also show who missed the factor, as you do in the "TF missed" report. Which report, by the way, should be called "factors blah blah TF" and not "factors blah blah P-1".

Crazy ideas (because they need some more work on your side): In the user factors reports, you could transform the headers into switches (i.e. toggle the "nfs/ecm/p-1/p+1" on/off when clicked, and turn them all on when clicking "any", or something like that) - for example, if we want to see only the p-1 AND p+1 factors, but not the others (yeah, nfs are quite troublesome, because they are so big, beside of the fact that they kill the table format, because the digit strings are so long, they are demotivating too , how can I fight for a 50 digits factor when some guys got a 200 digits factor? and who care about nfs? hihi, I want to turn them off!)

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2022-01-26 at 03:26
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-29, 15:48   #808
Zhangrc
 
"University student"
May 2021
Beijing, China

FA16 Posts
Default P-1 probability calculator seems to underestimate stage 1 probability

https://www.mersenne.ca/prob.php?exp...000&b2=5000000 yields 9.918380%, while https://www.mersenne.ca/prob.php?exp...000&b2=5000000 yields 9.998854%.
Purely theoretical, but B1=B2=5000000 should have a higher probability than B1=2000000, B2=5000000.
I'm aware that these formulas are based on experiments and extrapolations, but it always seems to underestimate stage 1 factoring probability.
Zhangrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-29, 23:04   #809
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

3×1,237 Posts
Default

The probability code is not my invention, it was written by Mihai and adopted by George.

Totally unrelated, I have just become aware my graph images haven't updated for several days, am away right now, will try to fix by Monday.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-30, 02:13   #810
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter
 
LaurV's Avatar
 
"name field"
Jun 2011
Thailand

2·17·293 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
"TF missed" report. Which report, by the way, should be called "factors blah blah TF" and not "factors blah blah P-1".
@James: bump

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2022-01-30 at 02:13
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-30, 11:15   #811
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

3·1,237 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
@James: bump
As you know, I've been (and still am) away for a week, will look at all these things starting tomorrow.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-31, 19:35   #812
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

3·1,237 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
Some nitpicking: In the "p-1 missed" you could also show who missed the factor, as you do in the "TF missed" report. Which report, by the way, should be called "factors blah blah TF" and not "factors blah blah P-1".
Copy-paste typos fixed. But I can't easily replicate the missed-by-whom for P-1 due to the way the data is stored and the report generated, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
Crazy ideas (because they need some more work on your side): In the user factors reports, you could transform the headers into switches (i.e. toggle the "nfs/ecm/p-1/p+1" on/off when clicked, and turn them all on when clicking "any", or something like that) - for example, if we want to see only the p-1 AND p+1 factors, but not the others (yeah, nfs are quite troublesome, because they are so big, beside of the fact that they kill the table format, because the digit strings are so long, they are demotivating too , how can I fight for a 50 digits factor when some guys got a 200 digits factor? and who care about nfs? hihi, I want to turn them off!)
I haven't quite gotten around to making a pretty interface for it, but you can now specify the comma-separated list of factoring methods (from list: nfs ecm pm1 pp1) like this:
https://www.mersenne.ca/userfactors/ecm,pm1/1/bits
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-31, 19:55   #813
kruoli
 
kruoli's Avatar
 
"Oliver"
Sep 2017
Porta Westfalica, DE

17238 Posts
Default

How difficult would it be to create a report that shows who found the most factors on one exponent? Second sort criterium would be the amount of "n factors per exponent" the user found.

I would assume the first place would be no more than three or four exponents in one page.

@James: I looked at your export page and found no user records in that data to do it myself, was I overlooking something?
kruoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-31, 20:25   #814
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

E7F16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruoli View Post
How difficult would it be to create a report that shows who found the most factors on one exponent? Second sort criterium would be the amount of "n factors per exponent" the user found.
Not particularly easy. The data is primarily stored paying attention to the factor and exponent, only when you look at a specific exponent is the query performed to look up historical records as to who-did-what on that specific exponent. This works acceptably well when querying a single exponent but isn't particularly friendly to broad queries against username that would be involved in compiling such a list.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Small inconsistencies between mersenne.org and mersenne.ca factor databases GP2 mersenne.ca 44 2016-06-19 19:29
mersenne.ca (ex mersenne-aries.sili.net) LaurV mersenne.ca 8 2013-11-25 21:01
Gaussian-Mersenne & Eisenstein-Mersenne primes siegert81 Math 2 2011-09-19 17:36
Mersenne Wiki: Improving the mersenne primes web site by FOSS methods optim PrimeNet 13 2004-07-09 13:51

All times are UTC. The time now is 03:15.


Sat May 21 03:15:10 UTC 2022 up 37 days, 1:16, 0 users, load averages: 1.33, 1.36, 1.36

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

≠ ± ∓ ÷ × · − √ ‰ ⊗ ⊕ ⊖ ⊘ ⊙ ≤ ≥ ≦ ≧ ≨ ≩ ≺ ≻ ≼ ≽ ⊏ ⊐ ⊑ ⊒ ² ³ °
∠ ∟ ° ≅ ~ ‖ ⟂ ⫛
≡ ≜ ≈ ∝ ∞ ≪ ≫ ⌊⌋ ⌈⌉ ∘ ∏ ∐ ∑ ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ ⨀ ⊕ ⊗ 𝖕 𝖖 𝖗 ⊲ ⊳
∅ ∖ ∁ ↦ ↣ ∩ ∪ ⊆ ⊂ ⊄ ⊊ ⊇ ⊃ ⊅ ⊋ ⊖ ∈ ∉ ∋ ∌ ℕ ℤ ℚ ℝ ℂ ℵ ℶ ℷ ℸ 𝓟
¬ ∨ ∧ ⊕ → ← ⇒ ⇐ ⇔ ∀ ∃ ∄ ∴ ∵ ⊤ ⊥ ⊢ ⊨ ⫤ ⊣ … ⋯ ⋮ ⋰ ⋱
∫ ∬ ∭ ∮ ∯ ∰ ∇ ∆ δ ∂ ℱ ℒ ℓ
𝛢𝛼 𝛣𝛽 𝛤𝛾 𝛥𝛿 𝛦𝜀𝜖 𝛧𝜁 𝛨𝜂 𝛩𝜃𝜗 𝛪𝜄 𝛫𝜅 𝛬𝜆 𝛭𝜇 𝛮𝜈 𝛯𝜉 𝛰𝜊 𝛱𝜋 𝛲𝜌 𝛴𝜎𝜍 𝛵𝜏 𝛶𝜐 𝛷𝜙𝜑 𝛸𝜒 𝛹𝜓 𝛺𝜔