mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Prime Gap Searches

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-09-21, 18:48   #133
MJansen
 
Jan 2018

37 Posts
Default

Its been a while, I finally found my username and password again ...

The last gap with merit under 10, under 100.000 was gap 85934. The merit has been improved to 11.259473.

So if you are looking for gaps under 100.000, no need to look for a merit below 10.

Seth (and Rob and Graham!) have been setting up the website and frontend to enter improved gaps at http://cloudygo.com:5090

Big thanks to them! It works better and better and new views / reports are added as well. Thanks guys!

Kind regards
Michiel Jansen
MJansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-23, 05:35   #134
MJansen
 
Jan 2018

37 Posts
Default

Seth moved the frontend to https://primegaps.cloudygo.com/
Kind regards
Michiel Jansen
MJansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-24, 17:41   #135
robert44444uk
 
robert44444uk's Avatar
 
Jun 2003
Oxford, UK

111011010012 Posts
Default

This is great that the list is still being updated. I've got about 1000 new records since the start of 2020 - all small gaps <20000.

Question? What do I have to do to get those uploaded into the records depository?
robert44444uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-24, 17:44   #136
robert44444uk
 
robert44444uk's Avatar
 
Jun 2003
Oxford, UK

111011010012 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethTro View Post
Megagaps proposal:

I was rereading drtrnicely-format-legacy and I believe that Dr Nicely's solution was to label the gap 'C??' for conventional, unknown is first, "but the interior integers of the gap have not been verified all composite to the satisfaction of Thomas R. Nicely".

I can easily change CloudyGo to verify the endpoints + some small percentage of the interior.

Any objections to allowing these records with less verification and C?? status?
A large gap of 1e6 takes a long time (weeks in some instances) to verify and people are not likely to step up for that unless it is the record sized gap. So C?? sounds good - really for anything over 5e5 if the submitter is a "trusty"

Last fiddled with by robert44444uk on 2020-09-24 at 17:44
robert44444uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-24, 18:02   #137
SethTro
 
SethTro's Avatar
 
"Seth"
Apr 2019

18210 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert44444uk View Post
This is great that the list is still being updated. I've got about 1000 new records since the start of 2020 - all small gaps <20000.

Question? What do I have to do to get those uploaded into the records depository?
It's super easy.

1. Go to primegaps.cloudygo.com
2. Add your short name to Discoverer (S.Troisi not Seth Troisi)
3. Add an approximate date 01-01-2020 is fine

4. Format the records in one of these formats and paste in the textbox

<GAP> <MERIT> <NUMBER>
<GAP> <DATE> <DISCOVERER> <MERIT> <NUMBER>

Some concrete examples

206048 20.785 100017163 * 10007#/30030 -138324 to +67724
22558 23.779 104304433*977#/7#-15234
2074 2019-09-25 M.Jansen 28.311600 3513398427*71#/30030 - 1532

Click Add.

I'd suggest adding them in small batches and looking at the status (already processed, doesn't improve, added to queue) and make sure they are correct.

After they go in the "queue" they'll be verified quickly (for small gaps it will be "instant" but for medium gaps you can watch on this page) and then pushed to prime-gap-list/commits/server
SethTro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-24, 20:35   #138
MJansen
 
Jan 2018

37 Posts
Default

I use the following format "Gap Merit_in_6_digits Gapstart":
6768 29.246643 135020747*239#/4530 - 4358

Note: You do not need 6 digits but that is the number that shoud be added to the database

Since I am added to the list of contributors, my alias M. Jansen is in there and I usually select todays date before pasting a list of around 20 improved gaps to the appropriate field. Press add and the gaps will be checked and added to the database. Like Seth says, super easy! Good luck, if you need help or have questions, just post in here.

Kind regards
Michiel

Last fiddled with by MJansen on 2020-09-24 at 20:39
MJansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-26, 07:54   #139
robert44444uk
 
robert44444uk's Avatar
 
Jun 2003
Oxford, UK

7·271 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethTro View Post
It's super easy.

1. Go to primegaps.cloudygo.com
2. Add your short name to Discoverer (S.Troisi not Seth Troisi)
3. Add an approximate date 01-01-2020 is fine

4. Format the records in one of these formats and paste in the textbox

<GAP> <MERIT> <NUMBER>
<GAP> <DATE> <DISCOVERER> <MERIT> <NUMBER>

Some concrete examples

206048 20.785 100017163 * 10007#/30030 -138324 to +67724
22558 23.779 104304433*977#/7#-15234
2074 2019-09-25 M.Jansen 28.311600 3513398427*71#/30030 - 1532

Click Add.

I'd suggest adding them in small batches and looking at the status (already processed, doesn't improve, added to queue) and make sure they are correct.

After they go in the "queue" they'll be verified quickly (for small gaps it will be "instant" but for medium gaps you can watch on this page) and then pushed to prime-gap-list/commits/server

Hi Seth

Ok that's done - 800 or so records posted. I'm a bit nervous though - this screen does not show my posts in the list of 1672 new records https://primegaps.cloudygo.com/status

Then how does one download the records?

I see https://github.com/primegap-list-pro...er/allgaps.sql

If I try to download this by hitting the download button all I get is a screen showing with instruction lines.

So is there a file out there with the records that is not a sql file or perhaps a simplified file?

Last fiddled with by robert44444uk on 2020-09-26 at 15:45
robert44444uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-26, 17:59   #140
MJansen
 
Jan 2018

458 Posts
Default

The link to the current views is: https://primegap-list-project.github.io/lists/

The records can be found at: https://primegap-list-project.github.io/merits/

Cut and paste will do the trick. but there is a txt file in development for easier processing the recordgaps (Seth send a link earlier, but it is still empty)

Kind regards
Michiel
MJansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-27, 05:00   #141
SethTro
 
SethTro's Avatar
 
"Seth"
Apr 2019

2·7·13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert44444uk View Post
Hi Seth

Ok that's done - 800 or so records posted. I'm a bit nervous though - this screen does not show my posts in the list of 1672 new records https://primegaps.cloudygo.com/status

Then how does one download the records?

I see https://github.com/primegap-list-pro...er/allgaps.sql

If I try to download this by hitting the download button all I get is a screen showing with instruction lines.

So is there a file out there with the records that is not a sql file or perhaps a simplified file?
First off thanks for submitting your records! +1500 merit and 500+ updates is a big chance!

I'm out of town this weekend and have recently made an update to the housing server. I'll inspect why they aren't in the recent status when I'm back home. I'm also typing from mobile so please excuse grammer/spelling mistakes.

A current set of the records can be found at

https://primegaps.cloudygo.com/merits.txt
Or at
https://github.com/primegap-list-pro...s.sql?raw=true

The lists at github.io that MJensen linked lag a couple of months (I haven't prioritized automatic updates for them)

Last fiddled with by SethTro on 2020-09-27 at 05:01 Reason: Fixed link
SethTro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-27, 07:08   #142
MJansen
 
Jan 2018

37 Posts
Default

Thanks Seth! I assumed the views were based on the current data. Assumption ...

One wish still: can you increase the significant number of digits from 2 to 6?

Kind regards
MIchiel
MJansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-28, 07:29   #143
robert44444uk
 
robert44444uk's Avatar
 
Jun 2003
Oxford, UK

7·271 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethTro View Post
First off thanks for submitting your records! +1500 merit and 500+ updates is a big chance!

I'm out of town this weekend and have recently made an update to the housing server. I'll inspect why they aren't in the recent status when I'm back home. I'm also typing from mobile so please excuse grammer/spelling mistakes.

A current set of the records can be found at

https://primegaps.cloudygo.com/merits.txt
Or at
https://github.com/primegap-list-pro...s.sql?raw=true

The lists at github.io that MJensen linked lag a couple of months (I haven't prioritized automatic updates for them)
Thank you Seth! All are now listed!

Last fiddled with by robert44444uk on 2020-09-28 at 08:12
robert44444uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
News gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 293 2020-09-13 07:42
News gd_barnes No Prime Left Behind 250 2020-06-29 13:23
P!=NP in the news willmore Computer Science & Computational Number Theory 48 2010-09-19 08:30
The news giveth, the news taketh away... NBtarheel_33 Hardware 17 2009-05-04 15:52
Some news about Home Prime ? MoZ Factoring 6 2006-02-28 12:02

All times are UTC. The time now is 20:31.

Sun Oct 25 20:31:51 UTC 2020 up 45 days, 17:42, 0 users, load averages: 2.02, 1.63, 1.58

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.