mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Hardware > Cloud Computing

Old 2021-03-23, 17:49   #1134
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!

"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

110038 Posts

Thanks ... I think what is happening is that I "could have" 2 sessions per email account but there is still a max compute.
My software is on the same MyDrive but I am accessing with 2 different emails.
They are getting about 8 hours each.
I believe it would give me a second session for each email but probably then they would each last only 4 hours.

When I was dabbling with the second instance on a different MyDrive; but using one of the same emails as above my existing session on that email was reduced to about 6 hours.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
Not a clue.

Personally, I'm currently running fourteen (14#) Colab instances. Each tied to a separate Gmail account.

I'm getting about 30 minutes of GPU per account each day (sometimes more than an hour). CPU instances last for between 10 minutes and 10 hours, depending on when I ask for compute.

I have never been able to get more than a single instance to run using any of my various accounts. And although I haven't tried going past this, I have up to four (4#) different GMail accounts within each browser context (separate tabs; separate compute environments, most SOCKS tunneled).

As part of the SMS Attack research last week, I got a "burner SIM" to create Gmail and Fakebook accounts with. Interestingly, Google will no longer accept a cell number more than once to create an account (I feel a bit sorry for the next person who is assigned the number I used for three days...).
petrw1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-24, 13:27   #1135
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

13B416 Posts

A sampling of typical runtime at termination of my previous (non-GPU72) notebook Colab free sessions follows. These are from last top output at 3 minute intervals. Each is a separate Google drive, email account, and notebook. Haven't seen full 12 hour cpu-only or 10 hour gpu too in a while.
h:mm
6:35
6:44
6:41
6:47
kriesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-06, 16:43   #1136
petrw1

"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

3×29×53 Posts
Default K80s ... and remote launch

For the last few days I've been getting a lot of K80s after months of almost none.

Out of the first 3,000 attempts to get a GPU 57 were K80 = 1.9%
Today: 21/40 were K80: 52.5%

====================================

Remote launch:
As long as I have been running colab from my home PC where I first created the Notebook I've been getting close to 8 hours per day for 2 GPUs.

A couple months ago I tried launching from my cell phone (using the very same userids and process). And, yet I did first ack to Google that it was me signing on from there. The sessions stopped almost immediately.

This weekend I tried from a remote Laptop. This time the sessions ran for 1 or 2 hours before stopping.
Old 2021-04-06, 19:08   #1137
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

5×23×83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrw1 View Post
This weekend I tried from a remote Laptop. This time the sessions ran for 1 or 2 hours before stopping.
I'm getting all kinds of bizzare allotments at the moment. T4s (GREAT for TF!) which last a few hours or only 11 minutes. CPUs that last 12 hours or only 19 minutes...

I definitely think there's some experimentation going on with Humans in the loop at the moment. Has anyone else noticed that there's now a status line at the bottom of the Colab WUI, showing (to the second) how long (or short) the Instance has been running (or ran)?
chalsall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-06, 19:45   #1138
ATH
Einyen

Dec 2003
Denmark

2·1,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
I definitely think there's some experimentation going on with Humans in the loop at the moment. Has anyone else noticed that there's now a status line at the bottom of the Colab WUI, showing (to the second) how long (or short) the Instance has been running (or ran)?
Yes, but the weird thing is, I only have that status line on 1 pro account and a free account, but not the other pro account.
You can turn it off/on in "Tools" - "Command Palette" - "Show/hide status bar".
But on that one pro account, that option is not there.
ATH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-06, 20:07   #1139
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

954510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATH View Post
But on that one pro account, that option is not there.
I found that if you wait for your Instance to terminate (again! ) and then click "Reload" it will appear. Clearly it's within the Colab WUI AJAX framework itself.
Old 2021-04-06, 23:25   #1140
petrw1

"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

3×29×53 Posts

Oh one more thing.

I noticed that (because I caught it in the act) ...
right around the 4 hour mark (at least for me) a popup asks if I am a bot.
If I don't respond within the allowed time period (which I do not know yet) it terminates.

When that happens I can restart and try again;
however at that later time of day it is MUCH more rare to get a P100.
Old 2021-04-07, 15:38   #1141
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

5·23·83 Posts

Quote:
...right around the 4 hour mark (at least for me) a popup asks if I am a bot. If I don't respond within the allowed time period (which I do not know yet) it terminates.
Yeah, I've noticed that as well across all (most?) of my Instances. My empirical is that the Instance will continue to run within its nominal temporal allotment (sometimes hours) while the popup is being presented.

I think Google is just watching the "signal" that a Human does verify before additional UI interaction occurs. Perhaps trying to determine the use of browser plug-ins, for example...

Quote:
...however at that later time of day it is MUCH more rare to get a P100.
It's a bit ironic... For TF'ing a P100 is the second-best GPU; T4s are optimal. P4s are /barely/ worth running, and K80s immediately get the "Factory Reset" routine.

Interestingly, I've found that about 50% of the time now, doing a Factory Reset results in a GPU ***not*** being available for that day; a few months ago this failure rate was below ~10%. I always take the risk with K80s; they're just not worth running for TF.
Old 2021-04-14, 21:20   #1142
petrw1

"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

3·29·53 Posts
Default Seems I've been evicted.

For the last 3 days I only get the message the I have reached my GPU quota even though I have received none at all in those 3 days.

I wonder if:
- I have finally reached their "lifetime/longterm" quote
- They changed the rules and no longer want people that are not interactive
- When I tried to start my session from another device it triggered something that got me looked at and "banned"
Old 2021-04-15, 02:11   #1143
axn

Jun 2003

134B16 Posts

I don't know the reason you're not getting any GPU, but I doubt it is permanent.

Keep trying every day; eventually you will get one.
axn is online now   Reply With Quote