Old 2014-10-14, 06:02   #1
Primeinator

"Kyle"
Feb 2005
Somewhere near M52..

3·5·61 Posts
Default Lifetime stats versus PrimeNet info

Hello, everyone

I have a quick question on PrimeNet/lifetime stats. According to my detailed account summary, I have completed 123 LL tests (cookie crumbs compared to a lot of users!!!); however, when I search my name under PrimeNet and include those for factors found later, I can only come up with 116 exponents. I am currently assigned 5 exponents (but I assume these are not part of the 123 my account summary is including as these results have not yet been turned in to the server). Why is there a difference in these numbers? Thanks!!
Primeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 14:49   #2
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!

"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

32·5·103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primeinator View Post
Hello, everyone

I have a quick question on PrimeNet/lifetime stats. According to my detailed account summary, I have completed 123 LL tests (cookie crumbs compared to a lot of users!!!); however, when I search my name under PrimeNet and include those for factors found later, I can only come up with 116 exponents. I am currently assigned 5 exponents (but I assume these are not part of the 123 my account summary is including as these results have not yet been turned in to the server). Why is there a difference in these numbers? Thanks!!
Did you also accept bad tests?
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 16:44   #3
Primeinator

"Kyle"
Feb 2005
Somewhere near M52..

39316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrw1 View Post
Did you also accept bad tests?
Yes. This was my first thought. I also made sure to uncheck the box that says "exclude results with known factor" which ended up with only one LL (for a total of 116).
Old 2014-10-17, 23:32   #4
Primeinator

"Kyle"
Feb 2005
Somewhere near M52..

91510 Posts

I have finished two more first-time LL tests. When searching the database this increases my total to 117 + 1 more for which a factor was later found; yet, my lifetime stats still indicate a total of 125 (still showing a difference of 7 as was the case before).

http://www.mersenne.org/report_ll/?e...dispdate=1&B1=

Last fiddled with by Primeinator on 2014-10-18 at 00:03
Old 2014-10-18, 04:46   #5
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

944510 Posts

The link you provide has no filled date, which defaults to last 365 days.
Fill a date from pre-version4 to get lifetime stats (at least that was the case with the old server, I didn't check with the new).
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 17:53   #6
Primeinator

"Kyle"
Feb 2005
Somewhere near M52..

3×5×61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
The link you provide has no filled date, which defaults to last 365 days.
Fill a date from pre-version4 to get lifetime stats (at least that was the case with the old server, I didn't check with the new).
Oddly, filling in a date decreased the number of hits to 99. With the link I provided above it still had results from at least as early as 2008 though there are a number of hits that don't have a date (a total of 18). Interestingly, this is the difference between querying with and without a date (if you include the one for which a factor was later found). I also know I was participating before 2008 so I'm not sure why there aren't any dates before that. It doesn't seem to be related to v4 as some of those do have dates.
Old 2014-10-18, 19:14   #7
Brian-E

"Brian"
Jul 2007
The Netherlands

7×467 Posts

Quote:
I also know I was participating before 2008 so I'm not sure why there aren't any dates before that. It doesn't seem to be related to v4 as some of those do have dates.
There are one or two anomalies with my own data from before the v5 server began, circa October 2008. These anomalies are additionally inconsistent: some double checks of mine from before that date were misclassified in my statistics as first time tests, whilst some others were correctly classified. It does seem likely to me that anomalies with the move to the v5 server are at least partly responsible for the discrepancies you note.
Brian-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 19:51   #8
Primeinator

"Kyle"
Feb 2005
Somewhere near M52..

3×5×61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-E View Post
There are one or two anomalies with my own data from before the v5 server began, circa October 2008. These anomalies are additionally inconsistent: some double checks of mine from before that date were misclassified in my statistics as first time tests, whilst some others were correctly classified. It does seem likely to me that anomalies with the move to the v5 server are at least partly responsible for the discrepancies you note.
Ah, interesting. This could potentially be what happened with me. My lifetime stats show no double checks; however, I cannot honestly remember if I ever completed any double checks. If I did it was a long time ago and it would have only have been a few. Is there a way to track down exponents you double checked?
Old 2014-10-18, 20:55   #9
Prime95
P90 years forever!

Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

3·11·227 Posts

Eight of your LL results were recorded as submitted by anonymous. The full history table shows that these 8 results were reported by you.
Prime95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 05:22   #10
Primeinator

"Kyle"
Feb 2005
Somewhere near M52..

91510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime95 View Post
Eight of your LL results were recorded as submitted by anonymous. The full history table shows that these 8 results were reported by you.
Thank you, George. Pardon my ignorance/lack of knowledge, but what is the full history table and how do I go about finding these eight results of mine reported as anonymous? I wonder if those are the exponents tested by the computer in the math lab I tutored at in undergraduate.

Thank you!

Last fiddled with by Primeinator on 2014-10-19 at 05:27
Old 2014-10-19, 14:44   #11
Prime95
P90 years forever!

Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

1D4316 Posts

Quote:
Thank you, George. Pardon my ignorance/lack of knowledge, but what is the full history table and how do I go about finding these eight results of mine reported as anonymous? I wonder if those are the exponents tested by the computer in the math lab I tutored at in undergraduate.
There isn't any way for you to view that table. The report_exponent web page with full history displays the data, but you'd need to know the exponent.

I changed your 8 problem exponents back from anonymous to your user id.
Prime95 is offline   Reply With Quote