mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet > GPU to 72

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-23, 15:33   #694
Bdot
 
Bdot's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Germany

59710 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kladner View Post
Just for the record, I have one DC and one LL reserved through GPUto72. PrimeNet has my name on them.
I have a few other LL and DC assignments with my name as well. This problem only seems to appear for machines that never talked to primenet. Maybe because those assignments expire faster? But they should not expire within 2 months ...

mprime did only delete the lines from worktodo. Fortunately it did not delete the save files.
Bdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 15:33   #695
Graff
 
Graff's Avatar
 
Jul 2006
USA (UT-5) via UK (UT)

EC16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
Everything you see on the site is generated dynamically in "real-time".

The discrepency you pointed out on the P-1 graphs was a "Stupid Programmer Error" -- I wasn't including the GDs credit for factors found. This has been fixed.
Thanks, the graphs and tables now match.

Gareth
Graff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 15:39   #696
KyleAskine
 
KyleAskine's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Maryland

4428 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdot View Post
I have a few other LL and DC assignments with my name as well. This problem only seems to appear for machines that never talked to primenet. Maybe because those assignments expire faster? But they should not expire within 2 months ...

mprime did only delete the lines from worktodo. Fortunately it did not delete the save files.
I thought that you had to claim the assignments from Primenet within 30 days or it would be kicked back into the queue by GPUto72?
KyleAskine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 16:01   #697
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

100101000001002 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAskine View Post
I thought that you had to claim the assignments from Primenet within 30 days or it would be kicked back into the queue by GPUto72?
That's only for DCTF or LLTF assignments. P-1s are valid for 90 days; DCs and LLs go by PrimeNet's expiry rules.

But the magic "two months" has lead me to the probable problem... Working it....
chalsall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 16:23   #698
KyleAskine
 
KyleAskine's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Maryland

29010 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
That's only for DCTF or LLTF assignments. P-1s are valid for 90 days; DCs and LLs go by PrimeNet's expiry rules.

But the magic "two months" has lead me to the probable problem... Working it....
But he said he didn't contact primenet on those machines?

Maybe I am missing something.
KyleAskine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 16:38   #699
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

224048 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAskine View Post
But he said he didn't contact primenet on those machines?

Maybe I am missing something.
No, you're not missing things -- I misread your post. And yes, this appears to have been the problem.

"Spidy" wasn't checking in with PrimeNet for DC and LL assignments, as I considered such assignments to be the responsibility of the "owner".

I'm doing some analysis to determine who has been affected by this, and having Spidy check in with PrimeNet for those DC/LL assignments which PrimeNet still thinks is owned by Anonymous.

Also, it appears that many which were "lost" by workers have been reclaimed by Spidy (and fortunately not yet reassigned to others).

Let me keep working the problem -- I'll report back once I've completed what I need to do.

Last fiddled with by chalsall on 2012-02-23 at 16:42 Reason: Edit: I misread KyleAskine's post.
chalsall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 00:48   #700
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

22·23·103 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
Let me keep working the problem -- I'll report back once I've completed what I need to do.
Just so everyone knows, I'm still working this. A few will have already received PMs indicating that a few of their AIDs have changed as I reclaim the assignments from "KYOJI_KAMEI" and/or "GPU Factoring" (read: Spidy).

Manually going through log files, running SQL queries, and spidering PrimeNet was not how I had hoped to spend the day....
chalsall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 04:07   #701
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

22×23×103 Posts
Default

OK, time for bed...

I've done a sanity check on the currently available DC and LL assignments, and reactivated the DC and LL assignment pages.

Will finish off the clean-up tomorrow.
chalsall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 04:08   #702
flashjh
 
flashjh's Avatar
 
"Jerry"
Nov 2011
Vancouver, WA

46316 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
OK, time for bed...

I've done a sanity check on the currently available DC and LL assignments, and reactivated the DC and LL assignment pages.

Will finish off the clean-up tomorrow.
Thanks
flashjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 21:00   #703
ckdo
 
ckdo's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Cleves, Germany

21216 Posts
Default

My "View Assignments" page states

Quote:
You currently have 4568 Trial Factoring Assignments totaling 4110.091 GHz Days of work[...]
at the top vs.

Quote:
4297 Assignments.
at the bottom. The latter is correct; I'm not sure about the GHzd total.
ckdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 21:07   #704
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

100101000001002 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdo View Post
The latter is correct; I'm not sure about the GHzd total.
Whoops. Thanks.

While PrimeNet is suffering load issues, I turned off a bunch of spiders from the crontab. Turned off the script which recalculates this by mistake. Reactivated.
chalsall is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Status Primeinator Operation Billion Digits 5 2011-12-06 02:35
62 bit status 1997rj7 Lone Mersenne Hunters 27 2008-09-29 13:52
OBD Status Uncwilly Operation Billion Digits 22 2005-10-25 14:05
1-2M LLR status paulunderwood 3*2^n-1 Search 2 2005-03-13 17:03
Status of 26.0M - 26.5M 1997rj7 Lone Mersenne Hunters 25 2004-06-18 16:46

All times are UTC. The time now is 21:54.

Sat Feb 27 21:54:29 UTC 2021 up 86 days, 18:05, 0 users, load averages: 1.94, 1.91, 1.84

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.