mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Fun Stuff > Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2019-02-21, 16:03   #727
kladner
 
kladner's Avatar
 
"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

233268 Posts
Default


I couldn't pass this up once I realized it is on YouTube.
SNL "Trump" "Emergency" announcement.
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-21, 16:52   #728
Dr Sardonicus
 
Dr Sardonicus's Avatar
 
Feb 2017
Nowhere

64308 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kladner View Post
<snip link from reply>
I couldn't pass this up once I realized it is on YouTube.
SNL "Trump" "Emergency" announcement.
Thanks for posting the link. Il Duce's tweet response includes the immortal question
Quote:
Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution?
If it's retribution from the government he's asking about, the answer is this thing called the First Amendment. Parody and satire are protected free speech.

Question is, how does the President of the United States get away either with being ignorant of and disdainful toward one of the most basic freedoms enshrined in the Bill of Rights, or with being a sniveling crybaby -- let alone both -- without retribution?

Last fiddled with by Dr Sardonicus on 2019-02-21 at 16:55 Reason: w, gixnif tosyp
Dr Sardonicus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-22, 18:30   #729
Dr Sardonicus
 
Dr Sardonicus's Avatar
 
Feb 2017
Nowhere

64308 Posts
Default

No way can I top this headline
Dr Sardonicus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-22, 19:20   #730
chalsall
If I May
 
chalsall's Avatar
 
"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

32×1,021 Posts
Default When technology goes too far...

I normally skim /. just before I go to sleep. This article, titled Nike Bricks Its Shoes With a Faulty Firmware Update, almost had me falling out of bed laughing...

"My left shoe won't even reboot." writes one owner.
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-23, 02:35   #731
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter
 
LaurV's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Thailand

22·17·127 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kladner View Post
I couldn't pass this up ...
"The uploader didn't make this video available in your country!"...

Now I feel persecuted...
(these guys didn't hear of anon proxies?)
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-08, 20:21   #732
ewmayer
2ω=0
 
ewmayer's Avatar
 
Sep 2002
República de California

7·23·71 Posts
Default

Geez, especially in times such as the present when we can all use more funny in our lives, seeing this thread's last entry was from Feb 2019 is, well, depressing. In order to remedy that, I intend to post regular links to the following hard-hitting independent investigative-journalism site:

Miami: 22 protesters arrested during sexual assault on statue of Christopher Columbus | World News Daily Report
ewmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-08, 21:35   #733
masser
 
masser's Avatar
 
Jul 2003
wear a mask

2·17·41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmayer View Post
Miami: 22 protesters arrested during sexual assault on statue of Christopher Columbus
Columbus' rock hard body too irresistible?

Surprised it didn't happen sooner - dude has chiseled features and a statuesque frame.

Last fiddled with by masser on 2020-07-08 at 21:39
masser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-09, 00:26   #734
Batalov
 
Batalov's Avatar
 
"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

27×71 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmayer View Post
I intend to post regular links to the following hard-hitting independent investigative-journalism site:

Miami: 22 protesters arrested during sexual assault on statue of Christopher Columbus | World News Daily Report
Don't overlook that this is an Onion-esque newspaper. (slogan: "Where facts don't matter.")
Scroll down to the last line on the webpage.

Last fiddled with by ewmayer on 2020-07-09 at 00:30 Reason: How do you say "thanks, Captain Obvious" in Russian? I mean, really, after seeing that wild-n-crazy further-reading sidebar?
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-09, 22:50   #735
ewmayer
2ω=0
 
ewmayer's Avatar
 
Sep 2002
República de California

7·23·71 Posts
Default

Some historical funny of the lèse-majesté "and a cat may look at a king" variety:

Reply of the Zaporozhian Cossacks to Sultan Mehmed IV of the Ottoman Empire | Wikipedia

I'm guessing the insults sound even better in the original Ukrainian. The fine detail in the painting - recommend you DL the highest-res version of the painting - is exquisite. 'Avin' a laugh, are we?

Last fiddled with by ewmayer on 2020-07-09 at 22:55
ewmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-10, 02:02   #736
kriesel
 
kriesel's Avatar
 
"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

424810 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
Don't overlook that this is an Onion-esque newspaper. (slogan: "Where facts don't matter.")
Scroll down to the last line on the webpage.
That slogan is standing orders at most mass "news" media. Truckloads of partisan propaganda and opinion as if it was fact. Can't decide whether their work product or the expectation of being believed is the bigger joke.

Last fiddled with by kriesel on 2020-07-10 at 02:11
kriesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-10, 02:39   #737
Batalov
 
Batalov's Avatar
 
"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

216008 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmayer View Post
I'm guessing the insults sound even better in the original Ukrainian.
They are not very good, by modern standards.
Nowadays people talk like that on Russian government-owned TV and in Duma. Nothing to see here, move along...
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/
(modernized, because the original is not just in Ukrainian but in old-"ъ"-spelling)
... Вавилонский ты повар, Македонский колесник, Иерусалимский пивовар, Александрийский козолуп, Большого и Малого Египта свинопас, Армянский ворюга, Татарский сагайдак, Каменецкий палач, всего света и подсвета дурак, самого аспида внук и нашего хуя крюк. Свиная ты морда, кобылиная срака, мясницкая собака, некрещённый лоб, ну и мать твою ёб.

Примечания по содержанию:

Следует отметить необычную мягкость и осторожность грозного султана, который против обыкновения не угрожал казакам страшными карами, а всего лишь предлагал им сдаться без боя.
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official "Faits erronés dans de belles-lettres" thread ewmayer Lounge 39 2015-05-19 01:08
Official "Lasciate ogne speranza" whinge-thread cheesehead Soap Box 56 2013-06-29 01:42
Official "Ernst is a deceiving bully and George is a meanie" thread cheesehead Soap Box 61 2013-06-11 04:30
Official "String copy Statement Considered Harmful" thread Dubslow Programming 19 2012-05-31 17:49
Official "Funny Place Names" Thread ewmayer Lounge 27 2009-01-27 22:40

All times are UTC. The time now is 11:34.

Sat Aug 15 11:34:11 UTC 2020 up 2 days, 8:09, 0 users, load averages: 1.35, 1.55, 1.64

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.