mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > New To GIMPS? Start Here! > Information & Answers

Old 2021-05-14, 16:01   #12
Viliam Furik

"Viliam Furík"
Jul 2018
Martin, Slovakia

72·11 Posts

Could you provide a screenshot? Preferably not displaying any AIDs (they look something like this ---> A540FF550BD62734)

Last fiddled with by Viliam Furik on 2021-05-14 at 16:01
Viliam Furik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-14, 17:07   #13
moebius

Jul 2009
Germany

601 Posts

you have first to submit your result, than you can see the completed work unit at
https://www.mersenne.org/results
and the assignment disapears from the assignments page
https://www.mersenne.org/workload/

Last fiddled with by moebius on 2021-05-14 at 17:11
moebius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-15, 08:20   #14
Dalybe

May 2021

7 Posts

Hi Viliam Furik and moebius,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Ok so I've realised that the assignments that were visible in my 'Assignments' page were 'Manual Assignments' (and I think what I'm currently doing through Prime95 has to be automatic? Seeing as I was given a new number to check - automatically - after I had completed the first one?).

When I look at my GIMPS account - it's saying in my assignments page that I have one assignment but there is no progress being made on it? Do I need to stop the work on the current primality test in order to start this new assignment then?

Ultimately I am a little confused as to why there is work being done through Prime95 but this isn't reflected in my GIMPS account online?

Thanks for all the help and support so far , cheers! Dalybe
Dalybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-15, 09:24   #15
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

122018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalybe View Post
Hi Viliam Furik and moebius,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Ok so I've realised that the assignments that were visible in my 'Assignments' page were 'Manual Assignments' (and I think what I'm currently doing through Prime95 has to be automatic? Seeing as I was given a new number to check - automatically - after I had completed the first one?).

When I look at my GIMPS account - it's saying in my assignments page that I have one assignment but there is no progress being made on it? Do I need to stop the work on the current primality test in order to start this new assignment then?

Ultimately I am a little confused as to why there is work being done through Prime95 but this isn't reflected in my GIMPS account online?
Assuming prime95 on Windows:Click Test, PrimeNet...
Is it fully filled in?
See "TEST MENU" section in readme.txt.

Also, the program updates the server occasionally, not constantly. (Typically daily.)
Options, Preferences..., Days between sending new end dates. (Accepts decimal values like 0.5)

If you want to force an update once, Advanced, Manual communication, click "Send new expected completion dates to server", make sure "Do not contact PrimeNet server automatically" is NOT checked, click OK.

Normal behavior is for prime95 to queue up something to do next, a specified time before the current assignment is done. (Options, preferences, days of work to queue up.) That way if there's a temporary internet problem, it will still have something to do for a while after the current assignment is completed. It does that per worker, a consideration for systems with lots of cores or more than one cpu. The next-in-line assignments don't show progress until after progress begins, naturally.
kriesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-17, 16:42   #16
Dalybe

May 2021

7 Posts
Unhappy

Hi Kriesel,

Thanks for replying.

Ah! I wonder if this is part of the problem then - I'm using Mac!

I clicked on Advanced>Manual Communication - and made sure that it is not ticked - and then pressed 'contact now'.

In Prime95 it said that it was sending the completion date and it was done communicating with the server. Unless I am looking in the wrong place (i.e mersenne.org/workload) there hasn't been any update! Completely baffled to be honest!

Thanks, Dalybe
Old 2021-05-17, 17:09   #17
Flaukrotist

Sep 2020
Germany

22·7 Posts

Can you tell us which Mersenne number you are testing in your local Prime95 client? This should be written in the title of your worker window or Test->Status. Without any info only guessing is possible.
Flaukrotist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-17, 20:27   #18
Dalybe

May 2021

7 Posts

Hey Flaukrotist,

Thanks for reaching out.
Yeah sure the current one I'm testing is M63768101.

Thanks, Dalybe
Old 2021-05-17, 22:47   #19
Flaukrotist

Sep 2020
Germany

22×7 Posts

Maybe, you haven't inserted your user ID in prime95. Then the software will report any result as an anonymous user. You can see that on the exponent status page for the exponent you are currently testing: 63768101. You can specify your used ID in prime95 at Test->PrimeNet... You should do that before the assignment reaches 100% and finishes. If the result is reported first to the server you have to request a manual transfer of the credit to your account, I guess.
Flaukrotist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-06, 16:04   #20
Dalybe

May 2021

7 Posts

Hi Flaukrotist,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for the radio silence.

I have followed your instructions and entered my ID (by going to Test>PrimeNet and entering in Dalybe into Optional User ID) - but it doesn't look like it has made any difference :( .
Is there something else that I'm not doing? Do I need to stop activity in Prime95 and then update it?

To be honest it's not the end of the world - it'd just be quite good to view the history of how many numbers I have checked!

Cheers, Dalybe
Old 2021-06-06, 19:48   #21
drkirkby

"David Kirkby"
Jan 2021
Althorne, Essex, UK

22×79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalybe View Post
Hi Flaukrotist,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for the radio silence.

I have followed your instructions and entered my ID (by going to Test>PrimeNet and entering in Dalybe into Optional User ID) - but it doesn't look like it has made any difference :( .
Is there something else that I'm not doing? Do I need to stop activity in Prime95 and then update it?

To be honest it's not the end of the world - it'd just be quite good to view the history of how many numbers I have checked!

Cheers, Dalybe
This link will show the assignment(s) you have.
https://www.mersenne.org/workload/
(You can ignore the estimates of time to complete, as they are often wrong by a huge amount).

This link will show the results you have submitted.
https://www.mersenne.org/results/

Depending on the worktype you selected, it might take some time to get some results. Some tasks are much quicker than others to complete. Do you see anything in those links?
drkirkby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-06, 20:15   #22
drkirkby

"David Kirkby"
Jan 2021
Althorne, Essex, UK

4748 Posts

Your exponent was completed a few days ago - you verified a previous result, which is good, as some of the previous test results are wrong, which is why they need to be verified.

https://www.mersenne.org/report_expo...exp_hi=&full=1
However, the user is shown as -Anonymous-.

Do you have an account on https://www.mersenne.org/ which is the Primenet server? The forum you are writing on now, and the server that records the work, are entirely different. Could it be that you only have an account on the forum, but not the Primenet server?

Last fiddled with by drkirkby on 2021-06-06 at 20:21
drkirkby is offline   Reply With Quote