Old 2021-12-21, 03:13   #1
jvang
veganjoy

"Joey"
Nov 2015
Middle of Nowhere,AR

457 Posts
Default lots of hardware

Been sitting on a pile of hardware for a few months that I haven't been using, about time to get rid of it! Could really use the money as I'm looking to buy my first car in the near future (if you wanna trade some old car for some new pc parts I'm all ears!). Paypal fees and shipping not factored into the below prices (USD). Open to making worldwide shipping arrangements. Pics available upon request!

----------------------

Currently available stock

Gigabyte 3080 Aorus Xtreme LHR: BNIB and sealed. $1400

MSI 3080 Ventus 3X LHR: BNIB and sealed. $1400

ASUS 3070 Strix LHR: Purchased new, used it for a few weeks, has original box. Definitely won the silicon lottery on this, with it I have the highest 5900x+3070 LHR 3DMark Time Spy score as VeganJoy, performed with the stock cooler at normal room temperature. $1100

ASUS 3070 KO LHR: BNIB and sealed. $950

ASUS Crosshair VIII X570 Extreme to sell. Purchased in open-box condition for my own build but it's bigger than I expected and I'm too lazy to disassemble my build anyways, so it hasn't seen any use. Still has the protective plastic on it and everything. Looking for $650

Gigabyte 3070 Aorus Master LHR: BNIB and sealed. $1000

Reference RX 6800: Purchased used, in fantastic shape and runs well. $1000

ASUS 1080ti Strix: Purchased used and saw about a month of use by myself, in fantastic shape and runs well. Repasted upon purchase with TG Kryonaut. $600

Dell Latitude 3520 Y222F business laptop (this exact model): Got this at the beginning of this college semester but I ended up getting a big ol gaming laptop anyways. In mint condition (still has some protective plastic on it) and runs great. I've upgraded this with double the ram (2x8gb now) and can upgrade you from the stock 240gb nvme to a larger one if youd like. In its current configuration (16gb dual channel ram, 240gb ssd storage), $600

Intel 7920x + x299 Rampage 1st revision: I actually have two of these boards, only one cpu. Delidded and relidded without sealant, comes with a Derbauer tool for that. The nice folks at Rockitcool recently sent me one of their long-discontinued skylake-x copper IHSs which has greater surface area and thickness than the original (for use with the EKWB monoblocks I have for the boards). I've got all sorts of associated goodies for this platform, looking to get rid of both boards, the cpu, and all assorted goodies for $850, will entertain splitting it all up though.

Otherwise, I have a bunch of random watercooling hardware, case fans, DDR4 ram, CPU coolers, power supplies, a 1440p 165hz IPS monitor, and all sorts of other stuff so shoot me a message if you're looking for something and I'll see what exactly we've got here. Probably forgot some stuff so I'll be editing this post semi-regularly with updates, new arrivals, etc.

Please feel free to message me or comment with any questions, thanks for reading and have a nice day!

Last fiddled with by Uncwilly on 2021-12-21 at 22:38 Reason: Added ASUS Crosshair from later post.
jvang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-21, 10:03   #2
Viliam Furik

"Viliam Furรญk"
Jul 2018
Martin, Slovakia

75310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvang View Post
Gigabyte 3080 Aorus Xtreme LHR: BNIB and sealed. $1400

MSI 3080 Ventus 3X LHR: BNIB and sealed. $1400

ASUS 3070 Strix LHR: Purchased new, used it for a few weeks, has original box. Definitely won the silicon lottery on this, with it I have the highest 5900x+3070 LHR 3DMark Time Spy score as VeganJoy, performed with the stock cooler at normal room temperature. $1100

ASUS 3070 KO LHR: BNIB and sealed. $950

Gigabyte 3070 Aorus Master LHR: BNIB and sealed. $1000

Reference RX 6800: Purchased used, in fantastic shape and runs well. $1000

ASUS 1080ti Strix: Purchased used and saw about a month of use by myself, in fantastic shape and runs well. Repasted upon purchase with TG Kryonaut. $600
With those high almost-eBay-level prices for these GPUs, and the fact that you have this many of them, suggests you have or had some scalper intentions. Either way, MSRPs are way below that, so money-wise, you are better off adding 200 $ to these prices (at least to those new and sealed GPUs), and listing them on eBay. Or you can list them with these prices directly, the under-average prices will be most probably a great attraction for buyers - like a street lamp for bugs.

So, in short, I think you are on the wrong website if you are looking for money.
Viliam Furik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-21, 14:51   #3
jvang
veganjoy

"Joey"
Nov 2015
Middle of Nowhere,AR

1110010012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viliam Furik View Post
With those high almost-eBay-level prices for these GPUs, and the fact that you have this many of them, suggests you have or had some scalper intentions. Either way, MSRPs are way below that, so money-wise, you are better off adding 200 $ to these prices (at least to those new and sealed GPUs), and listing them on eBay. Or you can list them with these prices directly, the under-average prices will be most probably a great attraction for buyers - like a street lamp for bugs.

So, in short, I think you are on the wrong website if you are looking for money.
I have invoices for most of the brand new cards; with taxes there isn't much margin for profiting off of these aside from ridiculous eBay prices. And I'm afraid the MSRP on any of these cards isn't 499 or 699, the 3080s were nearly 1300 apiece and the 3070s were 900-1000. The used 6800 and 1080ti were purchased at market price so I'm trying not to lose too much on those. As for why I have multiple cards, I have poor impulse control and have approached the GPU shortage with a "buy first, think later" approach and pretty much went from lower to high end cards over the past 3-4 months. Wasn't sure which card I would prefer or if I would even get them at all so I ordered whatever I could find in stock...
Old 2021-12-21, 15:13   #4
masser

Jul 2003
Behind BB

31×61 Posts

Quote:
Otherwise, I have a bunch of random watercooling hardware, case fans, DDR4 ram, CPU coolers, power supplies, a 1440p 165hz IPS monitor, and all sorts of other stuff so shoot me a message if you're looking for something and I'll see what exactly we've got here. Probably forgot some stuff so I'll be editing this post semi-regularly with updates, new arrivals, etc.
I'm curious about the DDR4 and the case fans. Do you have any cases you would like to part with?
masser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-21, 17:43   #5
jvang
veganjoy

"Joey"
Nov 2015
Middle of Nowhere,AR

457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by masser View Post
I'm curious about the DDR4 and the case fans. Do you have any cases you would like to part with?
Forgot to mention cases, we have a fractal meshify C compact, a fractal define xl, a fractal define nano s, a lian li o11 mini, a bequiet pure base 900 rev.2, and a phanteks evolv matx. Not sure on price as shipping will be rough but shoot me a message and we can work something out! Most have seen very little use due to being smaller or bigger than expected for their intended builds. All in black, got the boxes for em, etc. As far as case fans we've got a few various noctua fans plus a bunch of other noname ones, and for DDR4 I forgot I recently sold some so all I have right now is two G.Skill 2x16gb kits of 3600c16 b die.
Old 2021-12-21, 17:44   #6
Viliam Furik

"Viliam Furรญk"
Jul 2018
Martin, Slovakia

3·251 Posts

Quote:
I have invoices for most of the brand new cards; with taxes there isn't much margin for profiting off of these aside from ridiculous eBay prices. And I'm afraid the MSRP on any of these cards isn't 499 or 699, the 3080s were nearly 1300 apiece and the 3070s were 900-1000. The used 6800 and 1080ti were purchased at market price so I'm trying not to lose too much on those. As for why I have multiple cards, I have poor impulse control and have approached the GPU shortage with a "buy first, think later" approach and pretty much went from lower to high end cards over the past 3-4 months. Wasn't sure which card I would prefer or if I would even get them at all so I ordered whatever I could find in stock...
Invoices are a normal thing when buying anything in any way, nothing special. Those "ridiculous eBay prices" (I shouldn't really quote that, because it is true) are only the said 200 dollars up from your prices. That's for "Buy now" items - the items for bidding are cheaper, at least what I saw from the current bid amounts. So your prices are basically the same as eBay prices. And I'm afraid you don't know what MSRP means - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. For RTX 3080, it IS 699 $, for RTX 3070 it IS 499 $. Anything that's 100 $ or more than that is a scalper/eBay price. I don't care you bought those two cards for ~200 % MSRP. That's your decision and your problem. I have already suggested a solution - make the prices tad higher, perhaps +50 $ to what you ask here, and go sell them on eBay. They will be gone before you submit the listing.

Whatever are your reasons for buying them at such a high price, that's on you. I am saying that those are very high prices, and I suggest offering them on eBay, where you will have the money back very quickly.
Old 2021-12-21, 17:59   #7
xilman
Bamboozled!

"๐’‰บ๐’ŒŒ๐’‡ท๐’†ท๐’€ญ"
May 2003
Down not across

2·32·17·37 Posts

Quote:
Been sitting on a pile of hardware for a few months that I haven't been using, about time to get rid of it! Could really use the money as I'm looking to buy my first car in the near future (if you wanna trade some old car for some new pc parts I'm all ears!). Paypal fees and shipping not factored into the below prices (USD). Open to making worldwide shipping arrangements. Pics available upon request!
I may well be interested but baksheesh payable to the UK gummint. (aka import duty and VAT) make your offer infeasible for me, sorry.
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-21, 18:36   #8
jvang
veganjoy

"Joey"
Nov 2015
Middle of Nowhere,AR

45710 Posts

Quote:
Invoices are a normal thing when buying anything in any way, nothing special. Those "ridiculous eBay prices" (I shouldn't really quote that, because it is true) are only the said 200 dollars up from your prices. That's for "Buy now" items - the items for bidding are cheaper, at least what I saw from the current bid amounts. So your prices are basically the same as eBay prices. And I'm afraid you don't know what MSRP means - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. For RTX 3080, it IS 699 $, for RTX 3070 it IS 499 $. Anything that's 100 $ or more than that is a scalper/eBay price. I don't care you bought those two cards for ~200 % MSRP. That's your decision and your problem. I have already suggested a solution - make the prices tad higher, perhaps +50 $ to what you ask here, and go sell them on eBay. They will be gone before you submit the listing.

Whatever are your reasons for buying them at such a high price, that's on you. I am saying that those are very high prices, and I suggest offering them on eBay, where you will have the money back very quickly.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-nvi...?skuId=6471287

This plus AR sales tax is well over $699; I guess if you think Best Buy and other retailers aren't selling at MSRP then that's on you. Only Founders cards sell for 499/699 and they're worth even more than other cards due to mining performance so they're pretty much impossible to get. If I can't sell these to fellow enthusiasts I'll probably just return them, don't really enjoy dealing with eBay and I'd prefer them out of the hands of miners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
I may well be interested but baksheesh payable to the UK gummint. (aka import duty and VAT) make your offer infeasible for me, sorry.
Forgot about import taxes for a lot of international stuff, a while back a guy in brazil wanted to buy something from me but their customs tax was like 80-100%... absolute insanity lol.

BTW forgot to put this in the post and it seems that I can't edit it anymore, but I also have an ASUS Crosshair VIII X570 Extreme to sell. Purchased in open-box condition for my own build but it's bigger than I expected and I'm too lazy to disassemble my build anyways, so it hasn't seen any use. Still has the protective plastic on it and everything. Looking for $650
Old 2021-12-21, 22:38   #9
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101ร—103 Posts

101001001011012 Posts

Quote:
BTW forgot to put this in the post and it seems that I can't edit it anymore, but I also have an ASUS Crosshair VIII X570 Extreme to sell. Purchased in open-box condition for my own build but it's bigger than I expected and I'm too lazy to disassemble my build anyways, so it hasn't seen any use. Still has the protective plastic on it and everything. Looking for $650
I took care of that for you.
Uncwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-22, 00:41   #10
Viliam Furik

"Viliam Furรญk"
Jul 2018
Martin, Slovakia

2F116 Posts

Quote:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-nvi...?skuId=6471287

This plus AR sales tax is well over $699; I guess if you think Best Buy and other retailers aren't selling at MSRP then that's on you. Only Founders cards sell for 499/699 and they're worth even more than other cards due to mining performance so they're pretty much impossible to get.
MSRP is the same, since launch, regardless of what the card is worth at any time. For RTX 3080 and RTX 3070, the MSRP is set in stone as 699 $ and 499 $, respectively. Every person and every company that is selling these GPUs at a price above 175 % of MSRP qualifies, in my eyes, as selling for scalper price. It was supposed to be 699 and 499, but multiple factors changed that to those inflated prices. It doesn't mean MSRP shifted, it is the same, but the average price of the cards has moved up by a ridiculous amount. Many retailers are selling for inflated prices, because it is hard for them to get the cards for cheaper, and they (obviously) want to benefit from the situation.
Old 2021-12-22, 00:56   #11
jvang
veganjoy

"Joey"
Nov 2015
Middle of Nowhere,AR

457 Posts

Quote:
MSRP is the same, since launch, regardless of what the card is worth at any time. For RTX 3080 and RTX 3070, the MSRP is set in stone as 699 $ and 499 $, respectively. Every person and every company that is selling these GPUs at a price above 175 % of MSRP qualifies, in my eyes, as selling for scalper price. It was supposed to be 699 and 499, but multiple factors changed that to those inflated prices. It doesn't mean MSRP shifted, it is the same, but the average price of the cards has moved up by a ridiculous amount. Many retailers are selling for inflated prices, because it is hard for them to get the cards for cheaper, and they (obviously) want to benefit from the situation.
I mean kinda get where you're coming from; what do you think about the 3070ti and 3080ti which are marginal "upgrades" from their non-ti versions with much higher MSRPs? Nvidia isn't blameless here either, and I bet they prioritize selling their chips to other manufacturers that set their MSRPs above the FE rather than make their own PCBs