Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Fun Stuff > Lounge

Old 2020-11-24, 14:22   #375
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

2×5×919 Posts

Latest trick: using google forms (highlight is mine.)
Quote:
Dear Partner,

I have lost your contact and i had to search your name on the internet and i got your email address .I am happy to inform you about my success in getting that inheritance fund under the co-operation of a new partner from China Mr Young Lee. I'm in China with the partner for some projects with the inheritance fund.But i have compensated you for your effort with the sum of $2,550,000.00 US

Your Total share of the money is $2,550,000.00 US. I have left your check with Mr Charles Obi. You can contact her immediately.Email Address :
agentdiplomat5671@yahoo.com

Mail him right now for your check of $2,550,000.00 USd. thank you and God bless you.

Best Regards,

Mr Prince Ajibola
Untitled form
FILL OUT FORM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yeah-no.png
Views:	19
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	23840  
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 10:53   #376
xilman
Bamboozled!

"𒉺𒌌𒇷𒆷𒀭"
May 2003
Down not across

22×3×53×7 Posts

Just received this:

Quote:
Česká pošta
Vážený zákazníku,

děkujeme, že používáte českou poštu, váš balíček na vás čeká.
Musíte dokončit platbu ve výši (52,00 czk).

Co bych měl dělat?
Kliknutím na níže uvedený bezpečný odkaz dokončíte platbu svých přepravních poplatků

S pozdravem.
Péče o zákazníky českou poštu.
Zaplať teď

© 2021 Česká pošta Information line 420 954 292 103 info@cpost.cz
My very first Czech scam in something over 11 years exposure to the country. I wonder why they bother for such a piffling amount. CZK 52 is EUR 1.95, GBP 1.76 or USD 2.37.

I did not click on the link, which leads to https: //cutt.ly/... to see whether I was supposed send banking login information.

For the benefit of those too lazy to use Google Translate, here is what that thinks it says in English:

Quote:
Czech Post
Dear customer,

Thank you for using Czech Post, your package is waiting for you.
You must complete the payment of (52.00 CZK).

What should I do?
Click on the secure link below to complete payment of your shipping charges

Regards.
Customer care Czech Post.
Pay now

© 2021 Czech Post Information line 420 954 292 103 info@cpost.cz
xilman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 14:43   #377
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

23×181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
Just received this:
<snip>
My very first Czech scam in something over 11 years exposure to the country. I wonder why they bother for such a piffling amount. CZK 52 is EUR 1.95, GBP 1.76 or USD 2.37.

I did not click on the link, which leads to https: //cutt.ly/... to see whether I was supposed send banking login information.

For the benefit of those too lazy to use Google Translate, here is what that thinks it says in English:
<snip>
That reminds me - I recently got a phone call from someone purporting to be a supervisor (even giving his name, though somehow forgetting to mention my name...) at a UPS center holding a "prize" they were unable to deliver to me. I wasn't home when the call came, so it went to my answering machine.

Before deleting the recorded message (which was obviously bogus) and the incoming call log (to guard against me accidentally calling them back), I noted a few things:

1) I had not entered any contest, raffle, etc which might garner me a prize that would be delivered by UPS.

2) How the heck would UPS know the phone number (but, apparently, not the name) of someone they're trying to deliver a package to?

3) If UPS is unable to deliver a package (e.g. if it requires a signature and nobody's home), they stick a notice on the door.

4) The area code of the incoming call was not familiar. If UPS were holding a package for me, it would be at the nearest UPS center, which is in my area code.

5) The area code of the number they told me to call back did not match the area code of the incoming call, and was not a toll-free area code.

When it occurred to me to check details days later, I could not remember the order of the last two digits of the return call area code. I checked both possibilities. Both were for locales over a thousand miles from where I live.
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote