Old 2022-01-10, 05:47   #1
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

"name field"
Jun 2011
Thailand

26E916 Posts
Default Unsent proofs

Can we get a list with the PRP results that we sent, but for which there was not proof sent? I repeatedly have trouble sending proofs because paranoid network settings both at home and work too, or because the things are just busy, or working in the weeds (i.e. disconnected) and I need to move proof files around from one P95 folder/computer to another, etc. so, an option to query the server (web page) for the PRP tests I sent, but which have no proofs sent yet, would be very useful - I would at least know, and hunt for them, they are for sure hidden somewhere in some folder, and it would be a pity for the next user to run another PRP test, instead of a CERT.

As well, an option in P95 to "send all proofs now", unless this makes trouble for the server (which may not be able to receive many MB of data from many users at the same time) - sometimes I just have the pipe for myself and I know there is only me on the pipe, and I may want to tidy up, but now there is no option to do that, only to move the proof files and wait, hoping P95 will send them out later, check from time to time, etc. Not funny...

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2022-01-10 at 05:47
LaurV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-11, 04:56   #2
Prime95
P90 years forever!

Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

2·3,943 Posts

Look at your account results web page:

https://www.mersenne.org/results/?ex...cpu=&limit=100

Any residues that end in "__" have not been certified (either because proof has not been uploaded or certifier is being slow). I occasionally look at this page to see looking for uncertified PRPs that are more than a couple days old which might indicate a proof uploading problem.
Prime95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-11, 19:15   #3
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

2DCF16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime95 View Post
Look at your account results web page:

https://www.mersenne.org/results/?ex...cpu=&limit=100

Any residues that end in "__" have not been certified (either because proof has not been uploaded or certifier is being slow). I occasionally look at this page to see looking for uncertified PRPs that are more than a couple days old which might indicate a proof uploading problem.
Thanks for the tip - I see two such among my recent-results, one of which was submitted yesterday and the CERT is 35% done, but the second was submitted a week ago and the CERT reports 0 progress. How long does the server wait before reassigning the CERT?

Last fiddled with by ewmayer on 2022-01-11 at 19:16
ewmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-11, 20:28   #4
Prime95
P90 years forever!

Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

2·3,943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmayer View Post
How long does the server wait before reassigning the CERT?
Something like 15 or 30 days, I don't remember.
Old 2022-01-12, 05:11   #5
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

"name field"
Jun 2011
Thailand

26E916 Posts

Quote:
Any residues that end in "__" have not been certified (either because proof has not been uploaded or certifier is being slow).
Not helpful. Almost all sent in the last week or so would have __. Can't search for every of them in the folders where proofs were saved. Guess this is just more job for James, then...

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2022-01-12 at 05:13
Old 2022-01-12, 21:45   #6
Prime95
P90 years forever!

Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

2×3,943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
Not helpful. Almost all sent in the last week or so would have __.
CERTs are usually done within hours. Just ignore your results sent in the last 24 hours. For each "__" older than 1 day click on the exponent to see the detailed report. That will tell you if the exponent is assigned for CERT.
Old 2022-01-12, 23:02   #7
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

194716 Posts

Quote:
Uncertified do not always indicate as __ on the right. See https://www.mersenne.org/report_expo...3939421&full=1 which currently has a 0% complete Cert assignment, and matching PRP type 1 res64s, different shifts run on different applications. This will occur with first PRP lacking proof generation, getting double-checked with PRP&proof-gen. But in the usual PRP first test with proof case, yes, date sort on column with heading "Received". Just click the heading "Received" in the browser. Then scan yesterday's or older for __.

Last fiddled with by kriesel on 2022-01-12 at 23:06
kriesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-13, 05:35   #8
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

"name field"
Jun 2011
Thailand

7×1,423 Posts

Quote:
CERTs are usually done within hours. Just ignore your results sent in the last 24 hours. For each "__" older than 1 day click on the exponent to see the detailed report. That will tell you if the exponent is assigned for CERT.
Ok. Good starting point. Solved already few issues. Thanks.

I would like, however, to see a report page (sorry James for suggesting more work for you ) in the future, with my PRP tests for which a proof was not sent out. This would help me (and others) to hunt for them, send them out by hand, or, in case they were really lost somehow (for example, not enough disk space at runtime, albeit this is a stupid reason nowadays, with trillions of free bits everywhere, it is just what pops in my head right now), to re-run the test and save other people's time and electrons.

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2022-01-13 at 05:36
Old 2022-01-13, 15:34   #9
tServo

"Marv"
May 2009
near the Tannhäuser Gate

11·71 Posts

An exponent of mine ( below ) was assigned to do CERT on 12-31 and has not completed.
What is the maximum amount of time to wait before reporting them as overdue?
Or, just allow them to be automatically reassigned?

https://www.mersenne.org/report_expo...0852299&full=1

Last fiddled with by tServo on 2022-01-13 at 15:35
tServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-13, 16:47   #10
slandrum

Jan 2021
California

5768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tServo View Post
An exponent of mine ( below ) was assigned to do CERT on 12-31 and has not completed.
What is the maximum amount of time to wait before reporting them as overdue?
Or, just allow them to be automatically reassigned?

https://www.mersenne.org/report_expo...0852299&full=1
https://www.mersenneforum.org/showpo...79&postcount=4
slandrum is offline   Reply With Quote