Old 2021-10-03, 22:49   #23
wblipp

"William"
May 2003
New Haven

23×103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskull View Post
It seems to me that there is a simpler and more understandable scenario. Aliens flew in and, using their technologies, transported the blocks by air and built a structure in, say, two days.
I guess simplicity and understandableness, like beauty, lie in the eye of the beholder. On reflection about the interstellar distances, this doesn't seem simpler to me. There doesn't seem to be much evidence for "it was all done in two days"
wblipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-03, 23:00   #24
greenskull
Xebeche

Apr 2019
๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒบ

2·13·17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblipp View Post
I guess simplicity and understandableness, like beauty, lie in the eye of the beholder. On reflection about the interstellar distances, this doesn't seem simpler to me. There doesn't seem to be much evidence for "it was all done in two days"
Even 200 years ago, the way to fly from continent to continent in 8 hours looked fantastic. It is now possible.

It also looks fantastic a way to fly from the Andromeda Nebula to Earth, say, too, in 8 hours.
Perhaps this is not a flight, but the use of wormholes of space. I cannot say for sure.

And the legend says that nan madol was built in a couple of days. There, somewhere above, I wrote that according to legend, nan madol was built by two brothers who came from the stars. And all the blocks were airlifted.

In fact, there are a huge number of massive megalithic structures that could not have been built without high-tech assistance at the time they were created.
greenskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-03, 23:41   #25
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

13×503 Posts

Quote:
In fact, there are a huge number of massive megalithic structures that could not have been built without high-tech assistance at the time they were created.
Based upon what evidence? IMO, if aliens assisted there would be much more concrete evidence of advanced technologies (more advanced than today's technology), maybe even tools or DNA evidence. Such tools or DNA evidence has never been found.

The far more plausible answer is that the people that built them used methods that have been forgotten.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 01:28   #26
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

537410 Posts

I for one do not exclude the possibility of the Earth having been visited by intelligent aliens. To date, however, I have not seen any credible evidence that any intelligent aliens actually have visited the Earth, let alone influenced human cultures. What I have seen plenty of is space alien enthusiasts arguing from personal incredulity, and/or disregarding existing evidence. For example,
Quote:
Originally Posted by grenskull View Post
But it's hard for me to imagine that the Polynesians would do something like that to drag 30 thousand stone blocks weighing 5 tons from an island at a distance of 50 km and another 70 thousand blocks from another island which is 40 times further away.
Your failure of imagination is not evidence. And the "forty times further away" is speculation, even according to you:
Quote:
The origin of the rest is possibly 2000 km away on another island. This is not entirely clear.
In fact, you haven't provided any evidence that any stones actually were transported from anywhere far away. You merely asserted that
Quote:
The origin of some of them has been established - it is an island 50 km to the north.
"Established" how, exactly? Because the host of Ancient Aliens says so?

I wasn't able to google up a single research article indicating any of the material was other than local. I was able to find some, e.g. Sourcing the Megalithic Stones of Nan Madol: an XRF Study of Architectural Basalt Stone from Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia that indicate the material came from Pohnpei and some of the larger boulders came from nearby Temwen Island, which is within the fringing reef. So the "mysterious" transport of basalt across the seas looks to be like so many other "mysteries" of pseudoscience - look at the facts, and the "mystery" evaporates.
Quote:
It will not work to fold this structure with hands, and to build a simple crane, builders need trees that do not grow there and have never grown.
The Egyptians didn't need cranes to build the pyramids. The Great Pyramid at Giza used about 2.3 million 2-ton limestone blocks, and a number of 50-ton granite blocks, and was built in 20 years. I see no reason why the Polynesians would need cranes to build Nan Madol.

Last fiddled with by Dr Sardonicus on 2021-10-04 at 01:34 Reason: gifnix optsy
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 08:59   #27
greenskull
Xebeche

Apr 2019
๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒบ

2·13·17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Based upon what evidence? IMO, if aliens assisted there would be much more concrete evidence of advanced technologies (more advanced than today's technology), maybe even tools or DNA evidence. Such tools or DNA evidence has never been found.

The far more plausible answer is that the people that built them used methods that have been forgotten.
How does it not exist?
Man is the only primate who has such a developed larynx, for example. And it makes speech possible. I read a number of scientists' opinions on this topic and many agree that such a modification looks like an artificial one.
Old 2021-10-04, 09:07   #28
greenskull
Xebeche

Apr 2019
๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒบ

1101110102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sardonicus View Post
... Nan Madol...
My dedication to the theory of paleocontact was not formed in one day, it took more than 10 years. And it was formed by a combination of a large number of factors that I met, thought about, compared, etc.
And it is not possible to present here in one thesis the arguments that would change your vision.

I see no value in arguing.
I donโ€™t see the value in such huge essays like yours :)
And I ask you to refrain from going into discussion of personalities. I will not respond to such comments.

PS Dozens of thousands of people were involved in the construction of the pyramids.
There are no so many and never have been on all the nearby islands. And if they were there, they would soon have nothing to eat.

I have stated all of this above already.

Last fiddled with by greenskull on 2021-10-04 at 09:24
Old 2021-10-04, 09:59   #29
greenskull
Xebeche

Apr 2019
๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒบ

2·13·17 Posts

And I will add more. Once I witnessed a UFO with a group of other people.
It was a flight of a group of very bright star-shaped objects relatively low above the ground (maybe 1 km or so) and parallel to the surface for maybe 1 minute. They flew in the same plane, in some strange, incomprehensible order and completely silent. They did not fall or change direction, did not slow down or accelerate or change order. These objects did not change their luminosity and did not leave any trace behind them.
These objects proceeded from southwest to north and went beyond the horizon.
It was evening time, when the sun had already gone down the horizon, but it was still light enough.
It was a fascinating and very strange sight.

When we observed this phenomenon in the summer of 1986 or 87, gadgets did not yet exist. Therefore, unfortunately, we were unable to capture it on video.
My friend and I later made a sketch of our observation and described everything as best we could. We wanted to send it to some magazine. But we never did it, I donโ€™t remember why.
But later we were told that this phenomenon was observed by people on the other side of the city and also could not find any explanation for this.

Last fiddled with by greenskull on 2021-10-04 at 10:08
Old 2021-10-04, 12:27   #30
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

13·503 Posts

Quote:
How does it not exist?
Man is the only primate who has such a developed larynx, for example. And it makes speech possible. I read a number of scientists' opinions on this topic and many agree that such a modification looks like an artificial one.
Human speech is only one form of communication. One could argue that whale song is an "alien modification" based upon this argument.

Clearly you are neither a scientist nor an engineer. You prefer to assume "alien influence" before accepting that non-modern man did something that modern man cannot explain (at this time). In the past 100 years humans have solved many mysteries that humans of the early 20th century might have attributed to aliens.

Don't get me wrong. I would love for there to be concrete proof of a race from another planet, but nothing you have provided is concrete. In fact it isn't even circumstantial. Most, if not all, of these curiosities will someday have very logical explanations that have nothing to do with aliens.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 13:25   #31
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

2×2,687 Posts

Quote:
<snip>
This is another common fallacy of argumentation, "argument from authority." And, like argument from personal incredulity, it is indicative of a lack of actual evidence.

What is "such a modification looks like an artificial one" supposed to mean? By what criteria? This looks more like a purely subjective topic of opinion than a scientific hypothesis to me.

Scientists, like anyone else, are certainly entitled to their own personal opinions. However, opinions on topics outside their areas of expertise - particularly non-scientific topics - are not due any special weight or presumption of being authoritative simply because they're (asserted to be) the opinions of (un-named) scientists.
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 14:23   #32
greenskull
Xebeche

Apr 2019
๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒบ

2·13·17 Posts

Quote:
Human speech is only one form of communication. One could argue that whale song is an "alien modification" based upon this argument.
Whales have no technology. They do not launch satellites to other planets and do not write in chat rooms like ours.
Their squeals are not much different from the meows of cats.

And human speech is as complex as technology. It is believed that it was speech that triggered the development of mankind.
And according to various estimates, changes in the larynx occurred approximately 1.5 mio yeras ago.

Quote:
Clearly you are neither a scientist nor an engineer.
You don't know who I am.
I ask you again to refrain from discussing my personality.
Old 2021-10-04, 14:25   #33
greenskull
Xebeche

Apr 2019
๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒบ

2·13·17 Posts

This thread was created exclusively for those who share the theory of paleocontact.

The rest I ask to leave it and not to spam here anymore :)
Thank you for understanding.