Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > GMP-ECM

Old 2005-12-15, 15:53   #12
smh

"Sander"
Oct 2002

29×41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil MjX
I was dealing with "home primes steps" as defined on Sander site (no prime reached at step 78, or HP49(100)...).
That step has nothing to do with the ecmserver but is specific to that project.

It would also be nice if a table like on http://home.earthlink.net/~elevensmooth/Progress.html could be created. This kind of table would make overall progres more clear.
smh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-15, 16:40   #13
Phil MjX

Sep 2004

101110012 Posts

Quote:
I was dealing with "home primes steps" as defined on Sander site (no prime reached at step 78, or HP49(100)...).

That step has nothing to do with the ecmserver but is specific to that project.

It would also be nice if a table like on http://home.earthlink.net/~elevensmooth/Progress.html could be created. This kind of table would make overall progres more clear.
Hi !

Sorry, I do undertand what I have missed (HP was an exemple), thanks...

Sander, Mark, if you are OK, I can create a thread containing such a table and maintain it here for HP up to 1000 (like the cunnhingham ones), including reservations. I am writing a small Ubasic program to check the factors and the terms of a sequence so I can also centralize the results on the same thread... I'll however let Sander archive the results on his pages...

If you are ok, I'll contact Alexis (Leo_01) and ask for other active members to send me the results, reservations, the amount of curves done and the current "term" of the sequence they have reached....

I feel concerned with HP, just tell me.

Thanks.
Regards.

Philippe Strohl.

Last fiddled with by Phil MjX on 2005-12-15 at 16:50
Phil MjX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-15, 17:02   #14
Phil MjX

Sep 2004

5·37 Posts

eeeerhm, consider my last post off-topic...Concerning the summary table, I'm not sure Sander was referring to HP or server candidates in general
But feel free to PM me for the HP thread proposal...

P.S.
Phil MjX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-15, 21:35   #15
smh

"Sander"
Oct 2002

29×41 Posts

Quote:
I'll however let Sander archive the results on his pages...
Like i just wrote you in a private e-mail, i'll be happy if you or someone else want to take over this project.

The current site is all manual and time consuming. I would be surprised if there aren't any errors in there (appart from the one mentioned above).
smh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-16, 09:00   #16
BotXXX

Aug 2003
Europe

110000012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue
The HTML is hard-coded in the server and I'm uncertain if I am following the correct protocol since I've never written a web server.

I do not know how difficult it would be to build a template and my skills with HTML are fairly basic. I assume you and others have more experience with templates. Would someone be willing to help me with it?
Sadly I have no experience with programming a http part or using templates as input. Adjusting templates yes, but no experience in reading them out..

But for some C and sockets using http and other things this library with source for hints and tips can be used http://www.alhem.net/Sockets/

And ofcourse the http rfc http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616.html

But for the template you could be thinking of the following structure.

The template would be using a plain html file. The template it self would consist of three parts. (or three files, depends on what is easier). I will call them A, B and C.

A. This would have static html code with some extra information or description about the statistics. Just copied directly into the generated file, no adjustment needed. Just reading out a file..

B. would contain a markup for the statistics. And would consist of only a few lines that will be used for all number data. Depends on how you would find variables in the text but you could use [N-value], [N-name] for instance and [B1-value], [B1-ecmcurves], [B1-ppcurves], [B1-pmcurves] and so on.

So the part could look like this example:
Code:
[N-line]
<B>Name: [N-name]</B><BR>
Digits: [N-digits]<BR>
Number: [N-value]<BR>
<TABLE>
[B1-line]<TR><TD>[B1-value]</TD><TD>[B1-ecmcurves]</TD><TD>[B1-ppcurves]</TD><TD>[B1-pmcurves]</TD></TR>[/B1-line]
</TABLE>
[/N-line]
The part between [N-line] would be repeated for every N.
The part between [B1-line] would be repeated for all B1 values of the certain N value.

It is just an idea, no idea if it is that practical to use or to make.

Total code of the template could be something like this:
Code:
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>MyECMNetServer</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>This is MyECMNetServer with thingies and numbers</H1><BR><BR>
At this moment this and this number is loaded because this and this is important. So here
you can find clients to connect and this is the IP adres to connect to. bla bla bla bla.
<BR><BR>
<B>Stats:</B><BR><BR>

[N-line]
<B>Name: [N-name]</B><BR>
Digits: [N-digits]<BR>
Number: [N-value]<BR>
<TABLE>
[B1-line]<TR><TD>[B1-value]</TD><TD>[B1-ecmcurves]</TD><TD>[B1-ppcurves]</TD><TD>[B1-pmcurves]</TD></TR>[/B1-line]
</TABLE>
[/N-line]

For more information <A HREF="mailto:me@home.com">contact me at my home</A>
</BODY>
</HTML>
If you wanted to have one big table with this type of template you can also make it quite easly. But you have to make sure all B1 values listed in the server are the same. But probally not that readable as a big table.

Code:
<TABLE>
<TR><TD>Name</TD><TD>Digits</TD><TD>B1 1M ECM</TD><TD>B1 1M P+1</TD><TD>B1 1M P-1</TD><TD>B1 3M ECM</TD><TD>B1 3M P+1</TD><TD>B1 3M P-1</TD></TR>
[N-line]
<TR><TD>[N-name]</TD><TD>[N-digits]</TD>
[B1-line]<TD>[B1-ecmcurves]</TD><TD>[B1-ppcurves]</TD><TD>[B1-pmcurves]</TD>[/B1-line]
</TR>
[/N-line]
</TABLE>
But just an idea, ofcourse with such a template you can be in full control on how it looks like. If you want to use a totally different make up. that is possible. No tables but something else? no problem. Just edit the template ;)

Last fiddled with by BotXXX on 2005-12-16 at 09:00
BotXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 10:50   #17
M0CZY

May 2005
Brutal Police State, UK

112 Posts
Question

I had great fun compiling GMP-ECM 6.0.1, using the detailed instructions on
this forum, and it works too!
I have now downloaded the latest version of ecmnet (2.7.0).
Question: How EXACTLY do you compile the client for use with Windows?
M0CZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 00:20   #18
fetofs

Aug 2005
Brazil

36210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0CZY
I had great fun compiling GMP-ECM 6.0.1, using the detailed instructions on
this forum, and it works too!
I have now downloaded the latest version of ecmnet (2.7.0).
Question: How EXACTLY do you compile the client for use with Windows?
You compiled GMP_ECM 6.0.1, so I'm assuming you have MSys installed. GMP_ECM had a configure script, which created a makefile according to your computer settings, and then you ran "make". ECMNet 2.7 already comes with a makefile, so your job is even easier!
1.Open MSys and cd to the source directory of ECMNet.
2.Run "make". This will read the makefile and run gcc.
fetofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 10:38   #19
M0CZY

May 2005
Brutal Police State, UK

12110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetofs
1.Open MSys and cd to the source directory of ECMNet.
2.Run "make". This will read the makefile and run gcc.
I tried doing it like you said, but it didn't work.
It outputted about 2 pages of 'undefined reference to' lots of stuff, and ended with Error 1.
I tested that my MinGW was working properly by making another copy of GMP-ECM 6.0.1
I didn't think that it was going to be easy!
M0CZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 13:29   #20
fetofs

Aug 2005
Brazil

36210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0CZY
I tried doing it like you said, but it didn't work.
It outputted about 2 pages of 'undefined reference to' lots of stuff, and ended with Error 1.
I tested that my MinGW was working properly by making another copy of GMP-ECM 6.0.1
I didn't think that it was going to be easy!
Actually, I've now found out that my MSys does that as well. I compile mostly using Cygwin. Try using that.
Old 2006-01-03, 16:44   #21
jocelynl

Sep 2002

2·131 Posts

How about providing a P4 binary of EcmNet 2.7.0 and ECM 6.0.1
You would reach 90% of cpu users. Since Prime95 is down many users could turn to EcmNet without the need to build it themself.
jocelynl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 17:25   #22
fetofs

Aug 2005
Brazil

2×181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelynl
How about providing a P4 binary of EcmNet 2.7.0 and ECM 6.0.1
You would reach 90% of cpu users. Since Prime95 is down many users could turn to EcmNet without the need to build it themself.
Both were made for a P4 and should work fine...
I'll upload a new version of ECM-6.0.1 if I find out it's much better than this one.

Go here

Edit: Hotlinking not allowed...

Edit2: BTW, does ECMNet work with GMP-ECM 6.0.1? I'm using the 5.1 version...

Last fiddled with by fetofs on 2006-01-03 at 17:38