mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Conjectures 'R Us

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-26, 21:46   #144
michaf
 
michaf's Avatar
 
Jan 2005

479 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaf View Post
The sieve started at n=1000, but that doesn't imply an error in the script.
I have had some very hard working days, so any user error that is possible to make, will most likely be made :)
As 'always', the error was human: I had a left-over llr.ini from a testrun, which went into the wrong directory someway (I suspect a computer-error there, but let's say that _I_ placed it there...)
michaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 16:42   #145
Flatlander
I quite division it
 
Flatlander's Avatar
 
"Chris"
Feb 2005
England

40358 Posts
Default

I've had some stability problems the last week or so forcing me to restart 600-650M twice. The main problem was LogMeIn garbling the display forcing me to reboot. I've uninstalled it now.

More worryingly, I've today found a "pfgw_err.log" file in my 610-630M folder. I've been getting "SUM(INPUTS) != SUM(OUTPUTS)" errors on one core since Wednesday.

I'm now unsure of the stability of this machine. I'm going to lower the overclocking, run a Prime95 torture test again, and then run a double check on my 510-520M range before starting again on 600-650M.

edit:
Just checked inside and the CPU fan was covered in dust. I only cleaned it last month. I think it's because we've started letting our rabbits out indoors again. I'll have to air blast them each time!

Last fiddled with by Flatlander on 2008-11-29 at 17:26 Reason: Dust bunnies!
Flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 20:11   #146
KEP
Quasi Admin Thing
 
KEP's Avatar
 
May 2005

16608 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
I've had some stability problems the last week or so forcing me to restart 600-650M twice. The main problem was LogMeIn garbling the display forcing me to reboot. I've uninstalled it now.

More worryingly, I've today found a "pfgw_err.log" file in my 610-630M folder. I've been getting "SUM(INPUTS) != SUM(OUTPUTS)" errors on one core since Wednesday.

I'm now unsure of the stability of this machine. I'm going to lower the overclocking, run a Prime95 torture test again, and then run a double check on my 510-520M range before starting again on 600-650M.

edit:
Just checked inside and the CPU fan was covered in dust. I only cleaned it last month. I think it's because we've started letting our rabbits out indoors again. I'll have to air blast them each time!
Flatlander, it sounds like a very good plan, to do a doublecheck, since we have to be sure that the initial phase at least is flawless. Please let us know what you find out about your machine and about your doublechecks. Finally thanks for keeping on eye for error-logs, I actually has never seen such an error log when using WinPFGW.exe, so I guess that this will mean that my machine is at least stable.

Good luck and again thanks for joining the race to complete "Level 1" (Bring all k up to n=25000)

Regards

Kenneth!
KEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 11:08   #147
henryzz
Just call me Henry
 
henryzz's Avatar
 
"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

575110 Posts
Default

after a brainwave in the middle of the night i have managed to remove all the primes in my file from n=0 to n=999
i did it by using regular expressions
i replaced "^......... .$", "^......... ..$" and "^......... ...$" with ""
i then removed the extra "\n"s by replacing "\n\n" with "\n"
i am about the email all results to Gary
650M-660M is complete to 25k with 70ks remaining
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 14:36   #148
Flatlander
I quite division it
 
Flatlander's Avatar
 
"Chris"
Feb 2005
England

81D16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
I'm now unsure of the stability of this machine. I'm going to lower the overclocking, run a Prime95 torture test again, and then run a double check on my 510-520M range before starting again on 600-650M.
I've lowered the overclocking to slightly lower than I used all summer.
Prime95 torture test okay on various settings.
510-520M double check produced identical files.
So now I can proceed at last.
Flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 15:22   #149
KEP
Quasi Admin Thing
 
KEP's Avatar
 
May 2005

24×59 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
I've lowered the overclocking to slightly lower than I used all summer.
Prime95 torture test okay on various settings.
510-520M double check produced identical files.
So now I can proceed at last.
Good job Flatlander. Its nice to see that people who supports the CRUS efforts aswell this very big effort, care about error messages. Just glad that you can finally proceed, wince it is going to be a while before I can contribute with initial work again, since taking the single k remaining below k=5M to n=1M, is going to be a greater task than anticipated and also I've suffered some technical issues last night, which seems to be resolved by now. I still hope that we all by a combined effort, can complete untill level 3 (n=100000) before the 10 year aniversary (April 12th 2018).

Now I just hope that Henryzz can soon send me his remaining k's so the range can finally be submitted as complete on the forum aswell on the website

Regards

KEP

Last fiddled with by KEP on 2008-12-02 at 15:23
KEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 15:34   #150
henryzz
Just call me Henry
 
henryzz's Avatar
 
"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

34·71 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEP View Post
Now I just hope that Henryzz can soon send me his remaining k's so the range can finally be submitted as complete on the forum aswell on the website

Regards

KEP
sorry after sending the results to Gary and posting here i clean forgot that you would need the ks remaining
here they are:
Code:
650113792*3^n-1
650180144*3^n-1
650444908*3^n-1
650512274*3^n-1
650681326*3^n-1
650688996*3^n-1
650950166*3^n-1
651097008*3^n-1
651294582*3^n-1
651384028*3^n-1
651591736*3^n-1
651817468*3^n-1
651936858*3^n-1
652073522*3^n-1
652093846*3^n-1
652264856*3^n-1
652283394*3^n-1
652468202*3^n-1
652479166*3^n-1
652523576*3^n-1
652728506*3^n-1
652847952*3^n-1
653376348*3^n-1
653408352*3^n-1
653839294*3^n-1
654034228*3^n-1
654182296*3^n-1
654215628*3^n-1
654320826*3^n-1
654446378*3^n-1
654528722*3^n-1
654625026*3^n-1
654934164*3^n-1
654943084*3^n-1
654982324*3^n-1
654987316*3^n-1
655309084*3^n-1
655482876*3^n-1
655564066*3^n-1
655625174*3^n-1
655775558*3^n-1
655874332*3^n-1
656080434*3^n-1
656120414*3^n-1
656133318*3^n-1
656209698*3^n-1
656364692*3^n-1
656464576*3^n-1
656627778*3^n-1
656656724*3^n-1
656694086*3^n-1
656787088*3^n-1
656892128*3^n-1
657376404*3^n-1
657430398*3^n-1
657437322*3^n-1
657581434*3^n-1
657604104*3^n-1
657697628*3^n-1
657702184*3^n-1
657878906*3^n-1
658496952*3^n-1
658783726*3^n-1
658960734*3^n-1
659135174*3^n-1
659218426*3^n-1
659285784*3^n-1
659420178*3^n-1
659518798*3^n-1
659547794*3^n-1
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 19:48   #151
KEP
Quasi Admin Thing
 
KEP's Avatar
 
May 2005

24×59 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryzz View Post
sorry after sending the results to Gary and posting here i clean forgot that you would need the ks remaining
here they are:
Code:
650113792*3^n-1
650180144*3^n-1
650444908*3^n-1
650512274*3^n-1
650681326*3^n-1
650688996*3^n-1
650950166*3^n-1
651097008*3^n-1
651294582*3^n-1
651384028*3^n-1
651591736*3^n-1
651817468*3^n-1
651936858*3^n-1
652073522*3^n-1
652093846*3^n-1
652264856*3^n-1
652283394*3^n-1
652468202*3^n-1
652479166*3^n-1
652523576*3^n-1
652728506*3^n-1
652847952*3^n-1
653376348*3^n-1
653408352*3^n-1
653839294*3^n-1
654034228*3^n-1
654182296*3^n-1
654215628*3^n-1
654320826*3^n-1
654446378*3^n-1
654528722*3^n-1
654625026*3^n-1
654934164*3^n-1
654943084*3^n-1
654982324*3^n-1
654987316*3^n-1
655309084*3^n-1
655482876*3^n-1
655564066*3^n-1
655625174*3^n-1
655775558*3^n-1
655874332*3^n-1
656080434*3^n-1
656120414*3^n-1
656133318*3^n-1
656209698*3^n-1
656364692*3^n-1
656464576*3^n-1
656627778*3^n-1
656656724*3^n-1
656694086*3^n-1
656787088*3^n-1
656892128*3^n-1
657376404*3^n-1
657430398*3^n-1
657437322*3^n-1
657581434*3^n-1
657604104*3^n-1
657697628*3^n-1
657702184*3^n-1
657878906*3^n-1
658496952*3^n-1
658783726*3^n-1
658960734*3^n-1
659135174*3^n-1
659218426*3^n-1
659285784*3^n-1
659420178*3^n-1
659518798*3^n-1
659547794*3^n-1
All forgiven To your information your 70 k's were reduced to 56 k's that needs further testing beyond n=25K. Good job, hopes to see you attack this conjecture further in the future

KEP!
KEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 20:43   #152
henryzz
Just call me Henry
 
henryzz's Avatar
 
"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

34×71 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEP View Post
All forgiven To your information your 70 k's were reduced to 56 k's that needs further testing beyond n=25K. Good job, hopes to see you attack this conjecture further in the future

KEP!
i will do another range at some point but i will be helping finish the nlpb 1st drive for about 3 weeks
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 18:43   #153
Flatlander
I quite division it
 
Flatlander's Avatar
 
"Chris"
Feb 2005
England

31×67 Posts
Default

600-650M complete. 371 ks remaining.

Reserving 660-700M.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Rbase3-600-650.txt (4.0 KB, 130 views)
Flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 18:53   #154
KEP
Quasi Admin Thing
 
KEP's Avatar
 
May 2005

24×59 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
600-650M complete. 371 ks remaining.

Reserving 660-700M.
Good job Chris. I've handed back the Riesel base 3 effort to Gary, but just out of curiosity, I've removed the redundant k's. A total of 293 k's remained after removing redundant k's

KEP!
KEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bases 251-500 reservations/statuses/primes gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 2206 2020-11-25 20:28
Bases 101-250 reservations/statuses/primes gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 862 2020-11-25 17:01
Bases 4-32 reservations/statuses/primes gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 1418 2020-11-24 19:45
Bases 33-100 reservations/statuses/primes Siemelink Conjectures 'R Us 1673 2020-11-18 12:14
Sierp base 3 reservations/statuses/primes gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 388 2020-10-21 19:42

All times are UTC. The time now is 02:25.

Tue Dec 1 02:25:40 UTC 2020 up 81 days, 23:36, 1 user, load averages: 1.87, 1.73, 2.00

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.