Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet

Old 2009-01-15, 03:41   #1
Prime95
P90 years forever!

Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

1F9416 Posts
Default v4 credit transfer

The v4 credit transfer tool is ready for you guys to try. You'll need to get an individual's v5 user ID to transfer credit to them. There are 2 ways to use the form. One is to specify the number of CPU years to give to a user. The oldest stats rows are transferred until the proper amount of credit is reached. The other way to use the form is to display individual stats rows received after Oct 20, then check which rows to transfer to a v5 user.

I also rerouted some anonymous CPU credits back to their rightful owners.

Also, since there may have been some mix-ups and delays in creating teams, I've changed every computer's stats for the past 4 months to credit the computer owner's current team. Thus if you submitted a result on Oct 25th
and joined a team on Oct 30th, the team will now get credit for the Oct 25th result.
Prime95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 05:30   #2
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!

"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

3×5×349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime95 View Post
The v4 credit transfer tool is ready for you guys to try. You'll need to get an individual's v5 user ID to transfer credit to them. There are 2 ways to use the form. One is to specify the number of CPU years to give to a user. The oldest stats rows are transferred until the proper amount of credit is reached. The other way to use the form is to display individual stats rows received after Oct 20, then check which rows to transfer to a v5 user.

I also rerouted some anonymous CPU credits back to their rightful owners.

Also, since there may have been some mix-ups and delays in creating teams, I've changed every computer's stats for the past 4 months to credit the computer owner's current team. Thus if you submitted a result on Oct 25th
and joined a team on Oct 30th, the team will now get credit for the Oct 25th result.

Glad to hear it is ready ... however, two thoughts:

1. I had imagined I could assign to a Computer name instead of a UserID. For simplicity I have the same userid on all my PC's but a different computer name.

2. I was hoping I could also re-distribute all my V4 Fat credits to Computers (or in this case User ID's); even by percentage would be cool.

Taking a closer look at the tool I think you have my second point covered. I believe I would:

a. transfer specific assignments of the Oct-20 and later credits.
THEN
b. transfer a certain number of prior credits to their rightful owner.

Last fiddled with by petrw1 on 2009-01-15 at 05:49 Reason: Taking a closer look.....
petrw1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 12:15   #3
garo

Aug 2002
Termonfeckin, IE

1010110100002 Posts

When I try to get result detail lines for 2007-01-01 to 2008-10-20 for the user Team_Prime_Rib I get a CGI timeout. I don't get a timeout if I check the exclude TF lines box and I don't get a timeout if I set the end-date to 2008-10-19.
garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 12:44   #4
garo

Aug 2002
Termonfeckin, IE

24×173 Posts

I'm getting a hang when I tried to transfer credits from Team_Prime_Rib to garo:

http://www.mersenne.org/v4_migration/?start_date=&end_date=&xfer_id=garo&xfer_tf_amt=37.485&xfer_ll_amt=3913.247&xfer_p1_amt=0&xfer_dchk_amt=0&B2=Submit

(Intentionally removed hyperlink to avoid accidental clickage.)

Last fiddled with by garo on 2009-01-15 at 14:36
Old 2009-01-15, 14:34   #5
Prime95
P90 years forever!

Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

22×43×47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by garo View Post
When I try to get result detail lines for 2007-01-01 to 2008-10-20 for the user Team_Prime_Rib I get a CGI timeout. I don't get a timeout if I check the exclude TF lines box and I don't get a timeout if I set the end-date to 2008-10-19.
There are no results prior to 2008-10-20.

I added the date range so that a large team like TPR could look at a small range (like 2008-12-01 to 2008-12-15) without triggering the CGI timeout.
Old 2009-01-15, 14:35   #6
Prime95
P90 years forever!

Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

11111100101002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrw1 View Post
2. I was hoping I could also re-distribute all my V4 Fat credits to Computers (or in this case User ID's); even by percentage would be cool.

Taking a closer look at the tool I think you have my second point covered. I believe I would:

a. transfer specific assignments of the Oct-20 and later credits.
THEN
b. transfer a certain number of prior credits to their rightful owner.
You can transfer the fat credits without step (a). When you transfer 1000 LL GHz days to user x, the oldest (i.e the fat credits) are transferred first.
Old 2009-01-15, 14:38   #7
garo

Aug 2002
Termonfeckin, IE

1010110100002 Posts

Thanks George. But when I try to transfer credits (without using any date range) I get a hang. I tried transferring about 3900 years to my account garo from TPR, but I guess it did not find enough result lines or something. Because the v4 credit for TPR is one big block, does your routine allow for breaking it up?
Old 2009-01-15, 16:27   #8
Prime95
P90 years forever!

Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

22·43·47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by garo View Post
Thanks George. But when I try to transfer credits (without using any date range) I get a hang. I tried transferring about 3900 years to my account garo from TPR, but I guess it did not find enough result lines or something. Because the v4 credit for TPR is one big block, does your routine allow for breaking it up?
It does split up blocks. I'll look at the query tonight.

I did look at the result lines query this morning. SQL Server is generating a dreadful query execution plan once the date range gets too large. I'll try some alternative ways of querying the database tonight.
Old 2009-01-15, 16:54   #9
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!

"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

3×5×349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime95 View Post
You can transfer the fat credits without step (a). When you transfer 1000 LL GHz days to user x, the oldest (i.e the fat credits) are transferred first.
Okay, that works.
So maybe you can help me understand how to address my first question:
Quote:
1. I had imagined I could assign to a Computer name instead of a UserID. For simplicity I have the same userid on all my PC's but a different computer name.
I have the same UserId on all my computers (I have 8). In that way when I look at the Top-Producers reports I can see how I am doing overall. I have set up a Team and I agree with the concept of teams but because so few people created teams the Team Reports are less representative of my progress.

All the credits you show on the V4-Redistribution page are valid and complete AND already belong to my userid. Will I eventually lose them from my UserId if I don't redistribute them? What I was hoping and expecting is that I could distribute them to computers so that I will see them on the Computer Details Report.

I can imagine an alternative but it seems convoluted and might not work as expected:

1. Make all userids unique.
2. Redistribute credits to each userid (hence each CPU)
3. Change the userids back to be all the same.

Please Advise.
petrw1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 23:59   #10
garo

Aug 2002
Termonfeckin, IE

24×173 Posts

petrw1,
I think you misunderstand the credit redistribution tool's purpose. It is only to be used by those teams from v4 that had many people crunching for them and who now have separate v5 accounts.
v5 teams do not come into the picture and from what I have read in your posts, you do not need to use the tool. You will not lose any credit because this tools is not for transferring v4 credit to individual CPUs but to individual accounts.
Old 2009-01-16, 00:39   #11
Prime95
P90 years forever!

Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

22·43·47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrw1 View Post
Will I eventually lose them from my UserId if I don't redistribute them? What I was hoping and expecting is that I could distribute them to computers so that I will see them on the Computer Details Report.

I can imagine an alternative but it seems convoluted and might not work as expected:

1. Make all userids unique.
2. Redistribute credits to each userid (hence each CPU)
3. Change the userids back to be all the same.

Please Advise.
You will not lose your v4 credits - ever. As a single v4 user, you do not need to use the new credit redistribution tool. This tool is meant for Team_Prime_Rib and Team_Italia, etc. where many different v4 users were forced to share a single v4 user id. These team members have now signed up for different v5 user ids and justifiably want a portion of the old v4 team credit assigned to their new v5 user id.