henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

10110010110102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
I could add a page that counts by user, machine, and instance the number of tests that have mismatched results.
I was thinking just one list providing the above information would be sufficient. Then I realized that projects use the same server without resetting the database for years at the time. It is probably wise to split it out by at least user.
It could probably be hidden if doublechecks are turned off on the server.
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-15, 23:48   #123
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

2·2,861 Posts

I made a mistake when setting up this server and left it as a sierp/riesel server. I have now changed it back, however, this was done after the fake primes were found. The double checking has now caught up to the lowest of the two primes but has stopped distributing candidates. Am I correct in thinking that I just need to modify the HasSierpinskiRieselPrime and HasPendingTest columns of the candidate table in order to get it to hand out the remaining tests. The HasPendingTest column needs to be set to 1 if HasSierpinskiRieselPrime is equal to 1 and then HasSierpinskiRieselPrime needs setting to 0 for all candidates. Is there anything else needed? I am not bothered about the stats.

I have run into this problem a few times in the past. Leaving it as a Sierp/Riesel server is a bad habit especially when I don't particularly expect primes.
Old 2016-11-16, 14:09   #124
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

61·97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryzz View Post
I made a mistake when setting up this server and left it as a sierp/riesel server. I have now changed it back, however, this was done after the fake primes were found. The double checking has now caught up to the lowest of the two primes but has stopped distributing candidates. Am I correct in thinking that I just need to modify the HasSierpinskiRieselPrime and HasPendingTest columns of the candidate table in order to get it to hand out the remaining tests. The HasPendingTest column needs to be set to 1 if HasSierpinskiRieselPrime is equal to 1 and then HasSierpinskiRieselPrime needs setting to 0 for all candidates. Is there anything else needed? I am not bothered about the stats.

I have run into this problem a few times in the past. Leaving it as a Sierp/Riesel server is a bad habit especially when I don't particularly expect primes.
HasPendingTest is 1 when the Candidate has been sent to a client to be tested. You just need to set HasSierpinskiRieselPrime to 0.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 17:49   #125
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

2×2,861 Posts

Quote:
HasPendingTest is 1 when the Candidate has been sent to a client to be tested. You just need to set HasSierpinskiRieselPrime to 0.
Makes sense. Thanks. I will do that then.
Old 2016-12-17, 12:29   #126
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

2×2,861 Posts

I have a few more comments about doublechecking:
Primes aren't double checked. This is probably especially necessary as unstable pcs can return false primes sometimes. I would recommend doublechecking primes even without doublechecking on. If a prime is determined to be false then the appropriate changes are needed to the database in Riesel/Sierp mode.

I just had to turn double checking off in my server in order for it to find any active tests to do. There were both first time checks and double checks to do on the server.
Old 2016-12-17, 14:53   #127
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

61·97 Posts

Quote:
I have a few more comments about doublechecking:
Primes aren't double checked. This is probably especially necessary as unstable pcs can return false primes sometimes. I would recommend doublechecking primes even without doublechecking on. If a prime is determined to be false then the appropriate changes are needed to the database in Riesel/Sierp mode.

I just had to turn double checking off in my server in order for it to find any active tests to do. There were both first time checks and double checks to do on the server.
Sure, I can have primes double-checked.

Your second statement is not clear to me. Please explain.
Old 2016-12-17, 15:19   #128
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

572210 Posts

Quote:
Sure, I can have primes double-checked.

Your second statement is not clear to me. Please explain.
My server oddly stopped handing out tests when it was obvious from the webpage that there were both first time tests and double-checks to hand out. It was complaining no active tests. I switched off double-checks and it suddenly handed out some first time checks.
Even when it was handing out tests before it stopped it was doing them in an odd order ignoring the test sorting(by length).
Old 2016-12-17, 17:32   #129
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

61·97 Posts

Quote:
My server oddly stopped handing out tests when it was obvious from the webpage that there were both first time tests and double-checks to hand out. It was complaining no active tests. I switched off double-checks and it suddenly handed out some first time checks.
Even when it was handing out tests before it stopped it was doing them in an odd order ignoring the test sorting(by length).
You will have to turn on server side debugging and send me the log file.
Old 2016-12-17, 21:24   #130
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

2·2,861 Posts

Quote:
You will have to turn on server side debugging and send me the log file.
I have attached the log of a few clients trying to get pairs with server side debugging on. I also attached a copy of the all.html with current status which shows that the server isn't empty.
Attached Files
File Type: zip prpserver.zip (1.95 MB, 36 views)
File Type: zip PRPNet 5.4.0 Status - prpnet.html.zip (6.1 KB, 35 views)
Old 2016-12-18, 19:54   #131
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

61×97 Posts

I see the problem. The WHERE clause and the ORDER BY clause are at odd with one another. If you order by k,b,n,c in your ini file that will work around the problem until I have a permanent fix.
Old 2016-12-19, 19:08   #132
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

61·97 Posts

The first test with the changed candidate selection code worked, but there is more testing to go. The current code everyone is running has only one piece of logic for selecting work. To fix the problem with the ORDER BY, I had to split that up into four: one for double-checks, one for GFN, one for the onekperinstance flag (only used on Sierpinski/Riesel servers), and the "normal" one used for everything else. The reason is that each of these "flavors" had slightly different selection logic and a completely different ORDER BY. In fact the ORDER BY used for the three "special" ones is fixed and cannot be changed via the ini file.

The only thing I haven't tackled is double-checking primes. This is actually a bit harder WRT when to record the prime, etc. Right now people running the server should double-check on their own. I don't know when I will address this problem.