mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Conjectures 'R Us

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-01-03, 02:13   #12
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

23·3·241 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennart View Post
I am now loading a big file into DB using -u

But i cant get it to load with prpadmin.

This is on Win. have not started on Linux yet.

Lennart
prpadmin can only load ABC files, not prpserver.candidates. If you are having issues with ABC files and prpadmin, send me an e-mail and I'll resolve the issue.

Note that a single installation of MySQL can have multiple databases. In PrimeGrid's case, they might call on gcw13 and another gfn and another primorial, etc.

I totally forgot to mention that the server requires an ODBC driver. The mysql.ini file should contain the driver name and the name of the database (gcw13, gfn, etc.).

I hope that helps.

Last fiddled with by rogue on 2010-01-03 at 02:16
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 03:04   #13
MyDogBuster
 
MyDogBuster's Avatar
 
May 2008
Wilmington, DE

283910 Posts
Default

I'm up and running. Loaded about 275K tests into the DB.

Tried the stats page and got the following:

Heap Corruption detected: after normal block (#5620) at 0x02D3E870

CRT detected that the application wrote to memory after end of heap buffer

I re-started the server and had no problem with the testing stuff.
MyDogBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 13:35   #14
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

23×3×241 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDogBuster View Post
I'm up and running. Loaded about 275K tests into the DB.

Tried the stats page and got the following:

Heap Corruption detected: after normal block (#5620) at 0x02D3E870

CRT detected that the application wrote to memory after end of heap buffer

I re-started the server and had no problem with the testing stuff.
What servertype are you using? How many rows are in the CandidateGroupStats table?
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 14:47   #15
Lennart
 
Lennart's Avatar
 
"Lennart"
Jun 2007

112010 Posts
Default

Here is my first test server.
http://www.uwin.mine.nu:10000/server_stats-html

Lennart
Lennart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 16:17   #16
MyDogBuster
 
MyDogBuster's Avatar
 
May 2008
Wilmington, DE

B1716 Posts
Default

Quote:
What servertype are you using? How many rows are in the CandidateGroupStats table?
Servertype = 1
CandidateGroupStats table has 597 rows

I do a lot of testing at the lower end of the n ranges so I have many k's I'm working on. I try keeping it to 5K or less k's but can't always.
MyDogBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 16:38   #17
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

23×3×241 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDogBuster View Post
Servertype = 1
CandidateGroupStats table has 597 rows

I do a lot of testing at the lower end of the n ranges so I have many k's I'm working on. I try keeping it to 5K or less k's but can't always.
A heap corruption implies that something is eating too much memory. Can you export your db and send it to me via e-mail? I'll see if there is something odd going on in the code.
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 17:24   #18
PCZ
 
PCZ's Avatar
 
Jun 2006
Chertsey Surrey UK

16616 Posts
Default

Got a server running now.
Couple of issues so far.

When clients attach before the pairs are completely loaded there are duplicate database errors.
Probably harmless ?

I loaded up 10 small pairs all prime, in addition to a larger load of 273k pairs.
These being small were sent out immediately which was correct.
However only 9 of them were sent to clients.

See attached log snippit.
The k29xx pairs.

PS
Emails were sent and received sucessfully for the nine test primes that were processed.log.txt
PCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 18:10   #19
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

169816 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCZ View Post
Got a server running now.
Couple of issues so far.

When clients attach before the pairs are completely loaded there are duplicate database errors.
Probably harmless ?

I loaded up 10 small pairs all prime, in addition to a larger load of 273k pairs.
These being small were sent out immediately which was correct.
However only 9 of them were sent to clients.

See attached log snippit.
The k29xx pairs.

PS
Emails were sent and received sucessfully for the nine test primes that were processed.Attachment 4519
This message is really odd:

ODBC Information: SQL_ERROR: [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.1.42-community]Duplicate entry '52*3^600000+1-1262532659' for key 'PRIMARY'

There seems to be a parsing issue. I presume it is on the server side although I see nothing wrong with the code at the moment.

As for 9 of 10 being sent, can you select that candidate from the Candidate table? I wonder if it was somehow put into the database incorrectly. Is DecimalLength > 0 for that Candidate? If you do "select distinct c from Candidate;" in mysql, what does it show?
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 18:35   #20
PCZ
 
PCZ's Avatar
 
Jun 2006
Chertsey Surrey UK

2·179 Posts
Default

Enter option from menu: 4
Enter ABC file to be imported: sr_2.pfgw
Total candidates received = 10
Failed Inserts = 0
Not Inserted = 0
New candidates added = 10
Duplicates rejected = 0
Bad entries from ABC file = 0



mysql> select distinct c from Candidate;
+------+
| c |
+------+
| -1 |
| 1 |
+------+
2 rows in set (0.16 sec)

Last fiddled with by PCZ on 2010-01-03 at 18:52
PCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 19:22   #21
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

23×3×241 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCZ View Post
Enter option from menu: 4
Enter ABC file to be imported: sr_2.pfgw
Total candidates received = 10
Failed Inserts = 0
Not Inserted = 0
New candidates added = 10
Duplicates rejected = 0
Bad entries from ABC file = 0
What about that tenth candidate? Is it in the database? What is DecimalLength for it?

As for the parsing issue, I haven't any ideas yet. I think that it might be an issue with MySQL, but I can't prove that. If you e-mail me your ABC file, I can load it into an empty database and see what happens.

BTW, what OS are you running this on?
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 19:35   #22
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

578410 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
A heap corruption implies that something is eating too much memory. Can you export your db and send it to me via e-mail? I'll see if there is something odd going on in the code.
I tracked this down. In SierpinskiRieselHTML.cpp, comment or delete the StartBuffering() and SendBuffer() calls in ServerStats procedure.
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PRPNet 5.4.3 Released rogue Software 152 2020-03-30 17:01
PSP goes prpnet ltd Prime Sierpinski Project 86 2012-06-06 02:30
PRPNet 4.0.0 Released rogue Software 84 2011-11-16 21:20
PRPNet 4.0.1 Released Joe O Sierpinski/Riesel Base 5 1 2010-10-22 20:11
PRPNet released! rogue Conjectures 'R Us 250 2009-12-27 21:29

All times are UTC. The time now is 13:18.

Sat Jul 4 13:18:16 UTC 2020 up 101 days, 10:51, 2 users, load averages: 1.70, 1.82, 1.73

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.