mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Prime Sierpinski Project

Old 2009-09-01, 17:45   #12
ltd

Apr 2003

22·193 Posts

Have set it to fill the queue to 100 again. This way there should be enough work but at the same time the queue is not to big.
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 20:29   #13
Sloth

Mar 2006

2·47 Posts

I have one system that I can not find that is still pulling from the old server. It has been "missing" for the last year and I have no idea where the system is.

S.
Sloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 21:20   #14
ltd

Apr 2003

11000001002 Posts

@opyrt: There is a system from your farm pulling every new pair. At the moment you have a reservation of 964 pairs. I have stopped the feeder till this machine is found an the problem is repaired.

@Sloth: There should be no problem to run the feeder with a lower number of available pairs as long as I have a running version of the server. At the end of the year latest I plan to move the system to a new linux version. It is possible that I will not be able to get a functioning version of the llrnet server then.
Old 2009-09-01, 23:37   #15
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

186916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd View Post
It is possible that I will not be able to get a functioning version of the llrnet server then.
Uh...wouldn't the same old version continue to work just fine?
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 03:48   #16
ltd

Apr 2003

14048 Posts

I hope yes but there is a chance that some of the used libs are not compatible to the new ones. And then I have to try to make it compile again. This would mean that at least the server will be unavailable till I managed to get it to run again. Which could be some days depending on my overall availability.
Old 2009-09-02, 05:33   #17
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts

Quote:
I hope yes but there is a chance that some of the used libs are not compatible to the new ones. And then I have to try to make it compile again. This would mean that at least the server will be unavailable till I managed to get it to run again. Which could be some days depending on my overall availability.
What about a precompiled binary?
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 06:42   #18
opyrt

Apr 2008
Oslo, Norway

7×31 Posts

Quote:
@opyrt: There is a system from your farm pulling every new pair. At the moment you have a reservation of 964 pairs. I have stopped the feeder till this machine is found an the problem is repaired.
I have no idea how this is happening, but I saw that something was wrong. :-(

I've killed all instances of llrnet now, so feel free to release all pairs reserved by me. I'm sorry...
opyrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 16:31   #19
ltd

Apr 2003

22·193 Posts

@mdettweiler: The problem with these precompiled binaries is that all I found so far did not contain the mySQL support that I need.

@opyrt: Scheduler is reactivated. I will let your tests stay in the queue until they expire. When I try to remove them by hand there is a risk that I create more damage.
Old 2009-09-09, 20:12   #20
Hywelbane

Sep 2005
Kansas City, Missouri USA

1102 Posts

I am returning to PSP work after a two-year absence. I've downloaded and am running the new client, but want to make sure all my new work is credited to my old username. I set userid to the old username, but changed email to a different email account, since the old one is defunct. Is this going to cause any problems? Thanks!
Hywelbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 20:25   #21
opyrt

Apr 2008
Oslo, Norway

3318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hywelbane View Post
I am returning to PSP work after a two-year absence.
Welcome back.

Quote:
I've downloaded and am running the new client, but want to make sure all my new work is credited to my old username. I set userid to the old username, but changed email to a different email account, since the old one is defunct. Is this going to cause any problems? Thanks!
There was no email address in the old client, so you should be just fine with changing it. Scores are credited to the username.
opyrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 20:45   #22
Hywelbane

Sep 2005
Kansas City, Missouri USA

2×3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opyrt View Post
Welcome back.
Thank you; I'm glad to be back. I got a little sick of running Prime95 on a 24/7 basis for the last two years and never making any headway on the damned top producers list. There are fewer folks doing PSP, the new PSP client is faster, and I have a better rig now, so maybe I won't get so frustrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opyrt View Post
There was no email address in the old client, so you should be just fine with changing it. Scores are credited to the username.
Well that takes care of that. I'm not going to worry about the clientid field since I only have the one quad-core box, unlike others who apparently have entire farms committed to their various projects. Thanks again for letting me know.
Hywelbane is offline   Reply With Quote