mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Lone Mersenne Hunters

Old 2008-11-23, 09:16   #1
thechickenman

Nov 2005
South Carolina

7×11 Posts
Default OK, how can we get a range now?

OK, I get how to get the data out of v5.

But is there any easy way to make it into P95 ready files anymore?
thechickenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 12:11   #2
tha

Dec 2002

5·157 Posts

To get a range, one must first have a range of interest that is not taken care of by the v5 server. The v5 server cleans up a lot more leftovers than the v4 server.

Most of us use one of the result queries from the v5 server and then run a handwritten program or script file to generate a desired list. Right now I wait until the v5 gets all the ranges the defunct v4 server still has and has started to hand out exponents that need testing.

If you want to work on one or a few exponents ahead of the server assigned range you can add them manually to the worktodo file and the client will register them with the v5 server if they are not handed out to someone else. You will need the v5 server protocol for this, so use a v25.7 client or likewise.
tha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 06:46   #3
thechickenman

Nov 2005
South Carolina

4D16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha View Post
To get a range, one must first have a range of interest that is not taken care of by the v5 server. The v5 server cleans up a lot more leftovers than the v4 server.

Most of us use one of the result queries from the v5 server and then run a handwritten program or script file to generate a desired list. Right now I wait until the v5 gets all the ranges the defunct v4 server still has and has started to hand out exponents that need testing.

If you want to work on one or a few exponents ahead of the server assigned range you can add them manually to the worktodo file and the client will register them with the v5 server if they are not handed out to someone else. You will need the v5 server protocol for this, so use a v25.7 client or likewise.
Let me be more specific.

v5 says there's a bunch of numbers in the 91M range only at 2^56, and they're unassigned.
Say, I want to take them to 2^62.

Is there an easy way to turn the server's data into a worktodo file similar to the old decomp method?
thechickenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 10:20   #4
WsF

Jul 2007
Poland

100110112 Posts
Unhappy By hand

You should:
1. go to mersenne.org/report_factoring_effort/
2. choose the exponent range
3. the "How far factored range"
4. click "Get Data"
5. "save as a text file"
6. format a file by hand or by a parser (I don't know any; you have to write it by yourself)
Notes:
1. Standard form is nnnnnnnn-->bb,
where n...n is exponet, next Tab, next bits.
2. Checking the option "Print simple text report" gives
nnnnnnnn,bb,, in each line.
3. Not more than 10 thousends numbers is listed,
so, for example, it is enough to download exponents
in the range 67.0-67.4M factored to 63 bits
(about 24M exponents in each 1M range factored to
63 bits).
WsF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 10:45   #5
ckdo

Dec 2007
Cleves, Germany

232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechickenman View Post
Let me be more specific.

v5 says there's a bunch of numbers in the 91M range only at 2^56, and they're unassigned.
Say, I want to take them to 2^62.

Is there an easy way to turn the server's data into a worktodo file similar to the old decomp method?
First of all, you don't really want that range:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graff View Post
With my current range nearing completion, I'm going to take
91-92M to 2^63. ETA is mid-December.

Graff
(You may want to read the entire thread.)

Now, to direct your forces elsewhere, proceed as follows:

Using the Factoring Limits report, find exponents of interest. Be sure to check the "Print simple text report" checkbox. (Example)

Copy & Paste the list of exponents to your favourite text editor. Insert "Factor=" at the start of each line and replace the trailing comma with how deep you want to factor. Regular expressions make this easier: Replace "^" with "Factor=" and ",$" with ",64" (for example).

Save as worktodo.add or paste into your worktodo.txt. Start Prime95 and let it register the assignments. If any were not available, you will end up with lines containg "N/A" in your worktodo.txt. If that is the case, stop Prime95 and remove these. Start it again, do a Manual Comm to send completion dates, and wait for your range to finish...
ckdo is offline   Reply With Quote