"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

76418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aillas View Post
Hi,

I've now made the repositories public on my github

There are still plenty works to do, updating the README with more sections (Intro, how to build, how to use, ...)
I will upload later VC19 projects...

First try to share development...

PS: The AliSeq version on github has the fix for bad counter display when downloading the C80 file.
They look great - Thanks!

I do have a couple thoughts:

- (alimerge) I had used wget in the original because it is installed as default. curl has to be installed to retrieve the 80-digit file via the program. Not a big issue, but some may not wish to do so and will have to acquire the file in another manner.

- (seqinfo) I hard-capped the data to 20M because a greater value crashed my seqdata static struct. Will you be able to enlarge the 20M cap?
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-06, 09:54   #79
Happy5214

"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

2×379 Posts

@Aillas: I've attached a Linux Makefile for your GitHub repositories. It's made for AliMerge, but it can be adapted to SeqInfo by changing line 4. Add them as simply "Makefile", with no extension.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Makefile.txt (171 Bytes, 13 views)
Happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-06, 13:35   #80
Aillas

Oct 2002
France

22·3·13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post

I do have a couple thoughts:

- (alimerge) I had used wget in the original because it is installed as default. curl has to be installed to retrieve the 80-digit file via the program. Not a big issue, but some may not wish to do so and will have to acquire the file in another manner.
Fun, I've switched to curl because wget was not available on my Windows system at work. Only Curl.
I will do an update to automatically detect which tool is available and use the right one.

Quote:
- (seqinfo) I hard-capped the data to 20M because a greater value crashed my seqdata static struct. Will you be able to enlarge the 20M cap?
static data are allocated in the data segment. The restriction concerning the size of statically allocated memory is 2 Gbytes both for 32-bit and 64-bit programs (It seems it is 1.75 Gbytes due to memory requirements of the operating system itself). You can bypass this limitation if you want.
I've move your static data to dynamic data. In 32-bit programs the size of dynamically allocated memory is restricted to 2 Gbytes, in 64-bit programs to 8 Tbytes.
I'm compiling seqinfo in x64, so no more memory issue.
Aillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-06, 13:36   #81
Aillas

Oct 2002
France

22·3·13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy5214 View Post
@Aillas: I've attached a Linux Makefile for your GitHub repositories. It's made for AliMerge, but it can be adapted to SeqInfo by changing line 4. Add them as simply "Makefile", with no extension.
Thanks. I will add it.
Old 2021-09-06, 13:59   #82
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

1111101000012 Posts

Quote:
Fun, I've switched to curl because wget was not available on my Windows system at work. Only Curl.
I will do an update to automatically detect which tool is available and use the right one.

static data are allocated in the data segment. The restriction concerning the size of statically allocated memory is 2 Gbytes both for 32-bit and 64-bit programs (It seems it is 1.75 Gbytes due to memory requirements of the operating system itself). You can bypass this limitation if you want.
I've move your static data to dynamic data. In 32-bit programs the size of dynamically allocated memory is restricted to 2 Gbytes, in 64-bit programs to 8 Tbytes.
I'm compiling seqinfo in x64, so no more memory issue.
curl/wget checking sounds good.

I would have used dynamic if I'd known about it. I only found static in trying to get off the stack to remove the original array limitations. I should have thought about there being a dynamic if there was a static.

Thanks for all!
Old 2021-09-08, 23:45   #83
Aillas

Oct 2002
France

22·3·13 Posts

Hi,

seqinfo is progressing well. To be sure I didn't do any mistake, I would like to compare the file "primescount.txt" generated by seqinfo2 with mine.

If you have one available, could you please send it to me? And if you have an approximate time for the generation of the file (I didn't have time to let it run)

Thanks a lot.

PS: Without implementing multi threading, the new seqinfo app can generate this file in 14 sec.

PPS: I've also reduce regina file loading time from 237 sec (~4minutes) to 99 sec (~1min30 sec) (on my computer with an HDD, no SSD)

Still work to do and cleanup of my changes...

Bonne nuit....
Old 2021-09-09, 00:33   #84
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

400110 Posts

Quote:
Hi,

seqinfo is progressing well. To be sure I didn't do any mistake, I would like to compare the file "primescount.txt" generated by seqinfo2 with mine.

If you have one available, could you please send it to me? And if you have an approximate time for the generation of the file (I didn't have time to let it run)

Thanks a lot.

PS: Without implementing multi threading, the new seqinfo app can generate this file in 14 sec.

PPS: I've also reduce regina file loading time from 237 sec (~4minutes) to 99 sec (~1min30 sec) (on my computer with an HDD, no SSD)

Still work to do and cleanup of my changes...

Bonne nuit....
There is an old primescount.txt file attached to post #14, but it is only for a regina_file up to 14M. I'll run another tomorrow with 18M. (Jostle me if I forget.)

That post also shows, "Listing took 102791 seconds to generate."

Bonne nuit. . .
Old 2021-09-09, 02:47   #85
sweety439

"99(4^34019)99 palind"
Nov 2016
(P^81993)SZ base 36

2×3×509 Posts

Quote:
I too find interesting things within this research, such as 28 being untouchable from any number but itself, while the other perfect numbers within the current set have many sequences that reach them:
There are amicable pairs which cannot be reached by any aliquot sequence starting from a number that does not belong to this pair, they are listed in the OEIS sequence A238382, the untouchable amicable numbers, the smallest such amicable pair is (356408, 399592). The number 28 is a perfect number which cannot be reached by any aliquot sequence starting from other number, such numbers can be called untouchable perfect numbers, or hermit numbers (see https://oeis.org/A057709), problem: Is 28 the only such number?
sweety439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-10, 00:11   #86
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

76418 Posts

Quote:
. . . I'll run another tomorrow with 18M. (Jostle me if I forget.)
. . .
As night approaches, one of my fastest machines is churning away with the 18M regina_file. It's "all the way to" 69% already. . .
Old 2021-09-10, 08:09   #87
Aillas

Oct 2002
France

22×3×13 Posts

Quote:
As night approaches, one of my fastest machines is churning away with the 18M regina_file. It's "all the way to" 69% already. . .
Thanks... I just discover I do a little mistake in my refactoring. It doesn't impact on the speed improvement. I just misunderstood the 'trick' about starting at index 2 of the array so index == sequence number.
I need to fix it before continuing...
Old 2021-09-10, 13:31   #88
Aillas

Oct 2002
France

22·3·13 Posts

Just a stupid question: Could the regina file have 'hole' in it's index (column A) ?
Or is it guaranteed that if the file has 1 million lines, then the indexes will be 2 to 1,000,001?
It seems there is no hole, but I prefer to be sure...

Thanks...