mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Science & Technology

Old 2010-07-07, 18:41   #1
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

2×3×29×67 Posts
Default Global Scaling: Hoax or "New Paradigm"?

My sister writes:

"A friend of mine invested 50.000 euros in this Global Scaling Appilications venture. I told him it looks like bs to me. What do you think?"

Here is the link she sent:

http://www.global-scaling-institute....-Projects.html

I had a quick look, and stopped when I got to this blurb:

" Based on Global Scaling, Earth Positioning System (EPS) works without support from satellite. The date of the EPS are based not on satellite signals, but on the GS-analysis of the global Earth system of fractal space characteristics."

Oh, good grief ... Translation: "Hold onto your wallet and RUN SCREAMING IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION".

What possesses people to invest their money into something like this without doing even the most modest due diligence? Wait - answer is likely the same as to "What makes people think that house prices can increase at double-digit-percentage rates relative to incomes in perpetuity?"

Or am I merely being too cynical?
ewmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 18:48   #2
retina
Undefined

"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

3×7×13×23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmayer View Post
Wait - answer is likely the same as to "What makes people think that house prices can increase at double-digit-percentage rates relative to incomes in perpetuity?"
Answering the rhetorical Q: The population increases exponentially. The available land area remains static. I expect that classic supply-and-demand economics theory applies.
retina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 19:00   #3
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

101101100010102 Posts

More bullscheisse, wrapped in neato-way-out-man-sounding physics lingo, at this related link:

http://www.fraktaldesigner.de/fraktaldesigner.html

Quote:
Der zentrale Punkt der Global Scaling Theorie ist das Fundamentale Fraktal, welches sich aus der mathematischen Beschreibung eines Protonenresonanz-Eigenschwingungssystems ergibt. Die Darstellung des Eigenschwingungsspektrums der Vakuumkompressionswelle und das Zusammenwirken mit der phasenverschobenen Reflektionswelle erfordert zum schnelleren Verständnis und für die tägliche Arbeit ein entsprechendes graphisches Hilfsmittel. Dieses einzigartige kompakte Tool, welches wir FraktalDesigner genannt haben, möchten wir hiermit Interessierten der Global Scaling Theorie kostenlos zur Verfügung stellen.
Will not attempt a full translation for our non-German-speaking readers, but it's a bunch of highbrow-sounding BS about "the fundamental fractal resulting from the mathematical description of a proton resonance characteristic oscillation spectrum", "vacuum compression waves" [whatever the f*** that is], "phase-shifted reflection waves", etc.

Quote:
Wir möchten darauf hinweisen, dass z.Zt. noch kein Handbuch, bzw. noch keine ausführliche Beschreibung des FraktalDesigner existiert. Da wir keine kommerziellen Interessen verfolgen
I guess bilking credulous fast-money-seekers out of their cash qualifies as "keine kommerziellen Interessen" to these scammers.

Handy-dandy phrases like "Eigenschwingungsspektrums der Vakuumkompressionswelle" probably work as great pick-up lines at bars near the German college campuses, I bet. "Hey, baby, you're generating a really strong Eigenschwingungsspektrum ... right here with der Eigenschwinger in my pants."

Last fiddled with by ewmayer on 2010-07-07 at 19:01
Old 2010-07-14, 23:04   #4
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

2·3·29·67 Posts

A Universe of Scale - Stars edge closer
Quote:
Can communication be transmitted over distance without the need for electromagnetic radiation "travelling" to carry the message? Hartmut Mueller of the Institute for Space-Energy-Research in Wolfratsthausen [sic], Germany, says it can.

Mueller has developed a theory of global scaling, which states that matter and energy organize in accordance with principles of scale. The "nodes" or preferred points of concentration, may be distant in linear space, but adjacent in "logarithimic [sic] space", allowing for instant connectivity over distances that are difficult to bridge with today's radio technologies.

First experiments have been successful. This is a future technology worth watching out for - it could well revolutionize communications (and more) in the coming decades.
My Comment: Oh,come on - don`t keep us hanging as what the "first experiments" are? My personal standing density wave is dying to know. All the links to the "Institute of Space-Energy Research" in Wolfratshausen (correct spelling) seem to be put out by a small circle of folks ... it seems despite the lack of actual facilities,faculty and students of the fabled Institute, Dr. rer. nat. Hartmut Müller has expanded his ambitions to the founding of a "University of Global Scaling LLC", with branches in W-hausen and Santa Fe.

More fabulous applications of the theory include:
Quote:
With the aid of the so called Mueller fractal it is possible to find comprehensive views and conclusions about

* Mass distribution of the universe
* cause of forces like gravitation, electromagnetism, etc.
* the essence of time,
* preferred and avoided dimension ranges of nature for example for lengths, frequencies, temperatures, etc.,
* distribution of prime numbers
* interaction with DNA

The basic assumption of the theory appears very simple. In opposite to the - usually in science used - linear scales for many different physical properties, the theory of Global-Scaling assumes, that the natural scale is not linear but in first approximation logarithmic and in second approximations fractal and hyperbolic.
My Comment: Prime numbers, you say? Yes indeedy, more fabulous achievements of Global Scaling which had been falsely attributed to folks like Euler, Gauss, Legendre, Riemann and Hadamard. But first let`s quickly explain the origins of gravity in a concise way whose simplicity would surely cause Herr Einstein much embarrassment:
Quote:
The existence of a standing density wave in logarithmic space - for the first time in the history of physics - explains the origin of gravitation. The global flow of matter in direction of the node points of the standing density wave is the reason for the physical phenomenon of gravitational attraction. Thus, particles, atoms,molecules, celestial bodies, etc. - the scales/measures of which stabilise in the node points of the standing pressure wave - become gravitational attractors. In physical reality, therefore, the standing density wave in logarithmic space of scales also manifests as a global standing gravitational wave. In consequence, the exact identity of value for inert and gravitational masses of physical bodies (as it is claimed by physics today), independent of the body's density or material, can occur only in the exact node points of the global standing density wave. So far, systematic measurements to verify this postulate of Global-Scaling-Theory have not been carried out.
My Comment: Let me guess ... "for lack of funding?" Remediable by delivery of a check written in a suitably large amount, no doubt.

But, on to explaining all you need to know about the primes:
Quote:
Leonard Euler (1748) had already shown that irrational and transcendental numbers can be uniquely represented as continued fractions in which all elements (numerators and denominators) will be natural numbers. In 1928 Khintchine succeeded to provide the general proof. In the theory of numbers this means that all numbers can be constructed from natural numbers; the universal principle of construction being the continued fraction. All natural numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... in turn are constructed from prime numbers, these being natural numbers which cannot be further divided without remainder, such as 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 19, 23, 29, 31, ... (traditionally 1 isn't classed as a prime number although it fulfils all criteria). The distribution of prime numbers on the number line is so irregular that so far no formula was found which would perfectly describe their distribution. Only the Theory of Global Scaling was able to solve this mystery:

The distribution of numbers is indeed very irregular - but only on the linear number line. On the logarithmic number line, large gaps of prime numbers recur in regular intervals. Gauss (1795) had already noticed this. Thus, the set pi(n) of prime numbers up to the number n can be approximated by the simple formula pi(n) = n / ln n. The reason for this phenomenon is the existence of a standing density wave on the logarithmic number line, the node points of this density wave acting as number attractors. This is where prime numbers will accumulate‚ and form composite numbers, i.e. non-primes, such as the 7 non-primes from 401 to 409.

Hence a "prime number gap" will occur in this place. Precisely where non-primes (i.e. prime clusters) arise on the logarithmic number line, there it is that matter concentrates on the logarithmic line of measures. This isn't magic, it is simply a consequence of the fact that scales are logarithms, i.e. "just" numbers.
My Comment: I think that explains it all ... surely proof of the ERH is just a simple corollary.

On tap for tomorrow: An actual cryptographic patent application based on Global Scaling.
Old 2010-07-15, 13:43   #5
garo

Aug 2002
Termonfeckin, IE

276410 Posts

WTF! This is revolutionary. Makes total sense. I bet it is a conspiracy of orthodox scientists that is preventing this stuff from being published in top journals.
garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 22:11   #6
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

2×3×29×67 Posts

As promised, here is the "revolutionary" digital-cryptography patent application based on Global Scaling - the PA is in German, I have translated selected snips:

(WO/2006/017949):
Quote:
EINRICHTUNG UND VERFAHREN ZUR VERSCHLÜSSELUNG UNTER VERWENDUNG VON GLOBAL SCALING ZUR SCHLÜSSELVERTEILUNG

Die Erfindung bezieht sich auf eine Einrichtung und ein Verfahren zur Verschlüsslung von Nachrichten. Die Einrichtung und das Verfahren ist geeignet zur Verschlüsslung digitaler Daten. Die Erfindung ist in sehr vielen Bereichen der Informationsübertragung anwendbar, z. B. in der Telekommunikation, Messtechnik, Sensorik, Medizintechnik, Nachrichtentechnik, Bank- und Versicherungswesen uvm.
Translation:

Quote:
ENCRYPTION DEVICE AND METHOD USING GLOBAL SCALING FOR KEY DISTRIBUTION

The invention concerns itself with a facility and a method for encryption of messages. The facility and the method is suitable for the encryption of digital data. The invention is useful in very many areas of information transmission, e.g. in telecommunication, measurement and sensor technology, medical technology, broadcast technology, banking and insurance, etc.
It`s long - gonna give it a more-detailed read over the weekend. I look forward to comments from our German-speaking crypto experts.