mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Twin Prime Search

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-04-30, 23:28   #45
pacionet
 
pacionet's Avatar
 
Oct 2005
Italy

3·113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooooMoo
I haven't seen the website yet, so come online around May 2nd, 00:00 GMT so I can take a look. I don't know what timezone you're in, so feel free to adjust the time (I'm available from 22:45GMT to 05:45GMT).

One of the most important things to include would be a stats page, since that is what makes DC projects interesting. Have ranks by # of primes found and # of ranges completed (how many M).
The site is very very simple for the moment and manually updated.
It has not a stats page.

Creating a stats page is not so difficult, but it requires that we make all the site automatic, that is:

1) Database with USER, CURRENT RANGE

2) Database with USER,PASSWORD, # TOTAL RANGES COMPLETED (MILLIONS), # PRIMES FOUND

3) database with RANGE, STATUS OF THE RANGE, ASSIGNED USER

4) Registration, user panel to reserve/unreserve RANGES, others...

It is lot of work ... it will require a lot of time, I think.

If somebody have some suggestion to speed up, you are welcome; if not, I can work on it but it will require a lot of time.
pacionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 23:55   #46
victor
 
victor's Avatar
 
Oct 2005
Fribourg, Switzerlan

22·32·7 Posts
Default

If you need help on php/mysql programming, feel free to ask. I think I have kinda good skill in it. (well, the only programming language that I use everyday)
victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 00:24   #47
pacionet
 
pacionet's Avatar
 
Oct 2005
Italy

3×113 Posts
Default

For MooMoo , the site is also zipped here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/19314016/TPS.zip.html

Click on FREE at the bottom of the page, then wait for the countdown to expire, then insert the code and download.
pacionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 23:40   #48
pacionet
 
pacionet's Avatar
 
Oct 2005
Italy

3·113 Posts
Default

For MooMoo, the site is online now:

http://pacionet.zapto.org/TPS/
pacionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 04:30   #49
MooooMoo
Apprentice Crank
 
MooooMoo's Avatar
 
Mar 2006

1C616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacionet
For MooMoo, the site is online now:

http://pacionet.zapto.org/TPS/
I checked out the site, and it looks fine. I also suggest that it has a link to the wiki that victor made.

P.S. Have you found any primes (not neccessarily twin) in your range yet? I'm almost done with my 15M-20M range, and I'm still primeless
Oh well, I might have more luck on another range
MooooMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 09:37   #50
pacionet
 
pacionet's Avatar
 
Oct 2005
Italy

3×113 Posts
Default

OK , thanks.
This week I think I put the site on http://www.twinprimesearch.org

I have not found any primes in my range yet, but I think it is quite normal.
I hope we can really find the largest twin primes

(if anybody find twin primes, who will be considered the discoverer ? )
pacionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 19:54   #51
pacionet
 
pacionet's Avatar
 
Oct 2005
Italy

15316 Posts
Default

I added a stats page to the site.
pacionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 04:33   #52
MooooMoo
Apprentice Crank
 
MooooMoo's Avatar
 
Mar 2006

2×227 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacionet
OK , thanks.
This week I think I put the site on http://www.twinprimesearch.org

I have not found any primes in my range yet, but I think it is quite normal.
I hope we can really find the largest twin primes

(if anybody find twin primes, who will be considered the discoverer ? )
The person who finds the twin prime in his/her range will be the discoverer, and he/she will share the credit with myself and these people:

- person who completed the most ranges, in M
- person who found the most (non-twin) primes. If this is the same person as the person who completed the most ranges, the person who completed the second greatest amount of ranges (in M) will get the credit.
- anyone who can give LLR or NewPGen a 5% or more speed increase
- If the twin prime is within 100M - 5000M, gribozavr will also get some credit, since he/she's the siever of it. If the prime is above 5000M, the person who sieves the most (in trillion) gets the credit, assuming distributed sieving is available then.

This means that as many as 6 people could end up sharing the credit, which is fine. After all, this project cannot be completed by one or two people alone.
MooooMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 14:42   #53
pacionet
 
pacionet's Avatar
 
Oct 2005
Italy

3·113 Posts
Default

When gribozavr will finished sieving, maybe he should send me the file with the candidates (if it is not too large) and I 'll post it on the site for download.
pacionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 14:44   #54
pacionet
 
pacionet's Avatar
 
Oct 2005
Italy

33910 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooooMoo
The person who finds the twin prime in his/her range will be the discoverer, and he/she will share the credit with myself and these people:

- person who completed the most ranges, in M
- person who found the most (non-twin) primes. If this is the same person as the person who completed the most ranges, the person who completed the second greatest amount of ranges (in M) will get the credit.
- anyone who can give LLR or NewPGen a 5% or more speed increase
- If the twin prime is within 100M - 5000M, gribozavr will also get some credit, since he/she's the siever of it. If the prime is above 5000M, the person who sieves the most (in trillion) gets the credit, assuming distributed sieving is available then.

This means that as many as 6 people could end up sharing the credit, which is fine. After all, this project cannot be completed by one or two people alone.
When you say "share credits" you mean credit on the site http://primes.utm.edu ?
pacionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 00:03   #55
MooooMoo
Apprentice Crank
 
MooooMoo's Avatar
 
Mar 2006

2·227 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacionet
When you say "share credits" you mean credit on the site http://primes.utm.edu ?
Yes, that's the site I meant. Anyway, Gribozavr has PMed me and told me that he'll release 100M-150M, and I told him to post it in the range reservations thread when it's available.
MooooMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Twin Prime Search Method jzakiya jzakiya 12 2018-12-11 21:09
Highest Prime is also a twin prime... NOT hydeer Lone Mersenne Hunters 9 2018-04-03 22:54
Twin Prime Days, Prime Day Clusters cuBerBruce Puzzles 3 2014-12-01 18:15
Top-10 twin prime found! gd_barnes Riesel Prime Search 6 2007-10-12 18:42
Questions about twin prime search jasong Twin Prime Search 14 2006-12-14 23:16

All times are UTC. The time now is 06:00.


Wed Feb 1 06:00:12 UTC 2023 up 167 days, 3:28, 0 users, load averages: 1.06, 0.82, 0.80

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

≠ ± ∓ ÷ × · − √ ‰ ⊗ ⊕ ⊖ ⊘ ⊙ ≤ ≥ ≦ ≧ ≨ ≩ ≺ ≻ ≼ ≽ ⊏ ⊐ ⊑ ⊒ ² ³ °
∠ ∟ ° ≅ ~ ‖ ⟂ ⫛
≡ ≜ ≈ ∝ ∞ ≪ ≫ ⌊⌋ ⌈⌉ ∘ ∏ ∐ ∑ ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ ⨀ ⊕ ⊗ 𝖕 𝖖 𝖗 ⊲ ⊳
∅ ∖ ∁ ↦ ↣ ∩ ∪ ⊆ ⊂ ⊄ ⊊ ⊇ ⊃ ⊅ ⊋ ⊖ ∈ ∉ ∋ ∌ ℕ ℤ ℚ ℝ ℂ ℵ ℶ ℷ ℸ 𝓟
¬ ∨ ∧ ⊕ → ← ⇒ ⇐ ⇔ ∀ ∃ ∄ ∴ ∵ ⊤ ⊥ ⊢ ⊨ ⫤ ⊣ … ⋯ ⋮ ⋰ ⋱
∫ ∬ ∭ ∮ ∯ ∰ ∇ ∆ δ ∂ ℱ ℒ ℓ
𝛢𝛼 𝛣𝛽 𝛤𝛾 𝛥𝛿 𝛦𝜀𝜖 𝛧𝜁 𝛨𝜂 𝛩𝜃𝜗 𝛪𝜄 𝛫𝜅 𝛬𝜆 𝛭𝜇 𝛮𝜈 𝛯𝜉 𝛰𝜊 𝛱𝜋 𝛲𝜌 𝛴𝜎𝜍 𝛵𝜏 𝛶𝜐 𝛷𝜙𝜑 𝛸𝜒 𝛹𝜓 𝛺𝜔