Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Old 2010-01-26, 12:22   #23
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

2×5×1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Geek View Post
Without looking at the DB? Um...nowhere, I suppose.
I'm sure someone experienced in SQL commands could make a command that gets the lists you want.

Are you still trying to look for those in the PRPnet folder? Let me make this clear: With PRPnet 3, all info of uncompleted candidates is only in the DB.
I'm just now realizing that. lol

Unfortunately I can find nothing for port 7465 and Max seems to have disappeared after saying he'd get 3.1.5 running yesterday.

Tim, have you run a personal PRPnet 3 server yet? If so, where is the DB and how does it get accessed? Me lookee no findee.

I'm wading through some help and readme files now. A lot of it is pretty greek to me.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 12:49   #24
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17×251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
Tim, have you run a personal PRPnet 3 server yet?
Yes.
Quote:
If so, where is the DB and how does it get accessed? Me lookee no findee.
I don't know where MySQL actually stores the information, but how I access it is through a shortcut it made when installing called "MySQL Command Line Client", which I'm pretty sure is equivalent to this:
Code:
/path/to/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.1/bin/mysql -u root -p
It'll ask for the password. (this is in mysql.ini after password=) From there, do \u DB-name (you can find this in mysql.ini after database=), and then run whatever SQL queries you want. (lines are ended by a semi-colon) You can also do \h to find other commands.
http://www.w3schools.com/SQl/default.asp
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 12:53   #25
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

1009010 Posts

Quote:
Yes.

I don't know where MySQL actually stores the information, but how I access it is through a shortcut it made when installing called "MySQL Command Line Client", which I'm pretty sure is equivalent to this:
Code:
/path/to/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.1/bin/mysql -u root -p
It'll ask for the password. (this is in mysql.ini after password=) From there, do \u DB-name (you can find this in mysql.ini after database=), and then run whatever SQL queries you want. (lines are ended by a semi-colon) You can also do \h to find other commands.
http://www.w3schools.com/SQl/default.asp
OK, I haven't even gotten to that point yet. I can't figure out the right download from www.mysql.com because there are so many of them. Can you provide a direct link for a linux setup? Later today, I'm going to see if I can set up and run my own personal PRPnet MySQL server. I've avoided it long enough because CRUS has taken so much of my time.

Mark, you can ignore my requirements post. I need to get a handle on this.

Gary
Old 2010-01-26, 13:04   #26
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

10000101010112 Posts

Quote:
OK, I haven't even gotten to that point yet. I can't figure out the right download from www.mysql.com because there are so many of them. Can you provide a direct link for a linux setup? Later today, I'm going to see if I can set up and run my own personal PRPnet MySQL server. I've avoided it long enough because CRUS has taken so much of my time.

Mark, you can ignore my requirements post. I need to get a handle on this.

Gary
Well, Max must have set up a PRPnet database already for the 3.1.3 test to have worked. If you can't contact him to ask where it is, (so you can get to this command line tool) you could just look for a mysqld executable that's running, and find where that is.
p.s. you might also want to use the -b (--no-beep) option to make it so your computer doesn't beep every time you do something that makes an error.
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 13:11   #27
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

2×5×1,009 Posts

Quote:
Well, Max must have set up a PRPnet database already for the 3.1.3 test to have worked. If you can't contact him to ask where it is, (so you can get to this command line tool) you could just look for a mysqld executable that's running, and find where that is.
p.s. you might also want to use the -b (--no-beep) option to make it so your computer doesn't beep every time you do something that makes an error.
I think he's shut it down as well as PRPnet port 7465. I just checked the system monitor and nothing that remotely looks like mysql is running.

My machine never beeps unless I hit delete on something one too many times so I'm sure Max is using the -b option.

I can find various mysql files in various folder but they don't mean anything to me.

Max, when you see this, please send detailed instructions on what you did to set up the MySQL database on my server machine. Also, I'd like to set one up for my own personal use. (In other words, no care package. I have to do it.) That's the only way I'm going to learn what requirements are still needed, if any.

Thanks for your assistance Tim. I'm going offline now.

Gary
Old 2010-01-26, 14:15   #28
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

22·5·281 Posts

I'll give you some time to think about things, but I can give you some information that might be helpful.

If you use a browser and connect to the server on the given port, there are three webpages that the server can generate:

1) server_stats.html - This page will give you much of the knpairs information that you are looking for.
2) user_stats.html - Rolled up stats by user. I do not have any daily stats pages.
3) pending_tests.html - This page will give you much of the joblist information that you are looking for.

These are all generated on the fly from the database and can be accessed from anyone with a browser, not just the server admin. The HTML generated for server_stats.html is based upon the servertype.

If you follow this link, http://www.primegrid.com/forum_thread.php?id=1215, you will find more links to pages generated by PRPNet for PrimeGrid. Most of these are for 2.4.6, but, port 12007 has 3.1.4 running. Someone at PrimeGrid even took the time to grab user_stats.html once per day to generate daily stats for users. You can follow that discussion from this link, http://www.primegrid.com/forum_thread.php?id=1613.

I am very open to adding new webpages or data elements to the existing pages.

One of the requirements that was listed was an option to reduce the amount of logging even further on the server side. I'm open to that, but I think that where it is right now helps the server admin know that the server is alive and kicking. I won't say that it is a bad idea outright, but if logging is reduced, i.e. removing the "sent candidate" and "received candidate" messages, then the server should probably still output a heartbeat message or something like that every hour so that the server admin can see that it is working. It doesn't do that now. I don't think that I would remove errors/warnings from the server log under any circumstances.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 16:23   #29
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
Unfortunately I can find nothing for port 7465 and Max seems to have disappeared after saying he'd get 3.1.5 running yesterday.
lol. I was a tad busy yesterday but no, I actually didn't get the chance to start up 3.1.5 yesterday. It shouldn't be a problem though to do it today.

Mini-Geek covered much of the bases when it comes to how PRPnet 3.1.x works with the DB. Essentially, you get into the DB by opening a terminal window and running this:
mysql -u root -p
It will ask you for a password; it's the same as the password on the computer's max account.

Once you're in, run:
use prpnet7465;
Make sure to include the semicolon; you use those to terminate all statements in MySQL. Once you've done that, you can access any of the G7465 database tables. Probably the one you're most interested in is the list of candidates in the server, so you can read that like this:
select * from Candidate;
Keep in mind that if there's a lot of candidates, this may not do much good since they'll just scroll right by off the screen. I know of a way to dump that data into CSV (text) format when needed, though I don't recall it off the top of my head.

Meanwhile, completed test are also stored in the DB, though they are logged to completed_tests.log as well, so that's really the easiest place to get them.

Hope this clears things up a bit.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 17:27   #30
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

127648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
Mini-Geek covered much of the bases when it comes to how PRPnet 3.1.x works with the DB. Essentially, you get into the DB by opening a terminal window and running this:
mysql -u root -p
It will ask you for a password; it's the same as the password on the computer's max account.

Once you're in, run:
use prpnet7465;
Or you type:

mysql -u root -p <pwd> prpnet7465

where <pwd> is the password for the account. My recommendation is that you change the mysql root account password so that it is not the same as the computer account's password. The reason for that is that the password is in the clear in the prpnet server's mysql.ini file. If someone were to access that file, they would get your account password. This webpage shows how to do it:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/mysql-c...root-password/
Old 2010-01-27, 01:31   #31
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

2·5·1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
lol. I was a tad busy yesterday but no, I actually didn't get the chance to start up 3.1.5 yesterday. It shouldn't be a problem though to do it today.
You said that yesterday. When today?

Here's the problem. 3.1.4 is showing lots of pairs but the server hasn't worked in nearly 2 days. I finally just stopped it. I just now restarted it and tried a client on it. It continues to say "No available candidates are left on this server." yet when I did the select command on the DB, it appeared that there are a ton of candidates above k=2009, which is the last k-value we were testing when the server just stopped.

Please don't just leave me/us hanging here. Thank you.
Old 2010-01-27, 02:41   #32
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

22×5×281 Posts

Quote:
You said that yesterday. When today?

Here's the problem. 3.1.4 is showing lots of pairs but the server hasn't worked in nearly 2 days. I finally just stopped it. I just now restarted it and tried a client on it. It continues to say "No available candidates are left on this server." yet when I did the select command on the DB, it appeared that there are a ton of candidates above k=2009, which is the last k-value we were testing when the server just stopped.

Please don't just leave me/us hanging here. Thank you.
Gary, could you restart the server with debuglevel=4 and e-mail me some files (debug.log, prpserver.log, prpserver.delay, and prpserver.ini) after you get that message on a client? I would also like to see the output from this select statement in the database:

select CandidateName, CompletedTests,
DecimalLength, LastUpdateTime,
k, b, c, n
from Candidate
where HasPendingTest = 0
and IsPRP = 0
and IsPrime = 0
and DoubleChecked = 0
and HasSierpinskiRieselPrime = 0
and DecimalLength > 0 ;

The combination of all of this data would be of great assistance to me.
Old 2010-01-27, 09:45   #33
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

ACD16 Posts

supporting to submit more than 15 results at once with the client.

background:

you got a box not online 24/7 and reserve a workload for about 15 hours.
for a i7 with 8 threads a test (at n=750k) is done in about 17 min so for 15 hours you need 50 tests.

if you try to submit (with client 2.4.6) 50 results at once one test will be lost!

Karsten
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote