henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT)

24×353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
Whoops--I had forgotten to change that. It's fixed now.
look at the first paragraph as well
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 18:01   #46
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

624910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryzz View Post
look at the first paragraph as well
Ah, good catch! Fixed.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 18:12   #47
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Geek View Post
If a lot of the work is finding which ranges were done by who, wouldn't sending him results directly (in whatever size chunks it be, unless extremely small) be a lot easier than you giving him an unsorted 20K chunk, because he knows it's all manual and by the one that just sent it to him?

I could probably help Max out with some of the manual results processing if the process and scripts aren't too complicated and there'd be no problems with a non-admin doing something like that. Just send me a 20K chunk along with any applicable scripts and/or instructions and I'll take a shot at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
The 20K chunks are sorted by n-value and separated by drive. That's how I store them on my machines. You can imagine how much data I have already. Keeping it in separate n=1K or 2K chunks for manually processed ranges was just too cumbersome to try to match everything up with the original sieve files and verify the primes at various places.

Check with Max and see if he would like some help. If he has the automated "pulling out of manual ranges" process set up already, I suspect that it will be easier for one person to do it then to coordinate and train another person on helping out but I couldn't say for sure.
Actually, believe it or not, the process of sorting out the ranges from the big files is not quite as automated as you guys were thinking. I'm actually just loading the files up in a text editor and using copy/paste to put individual reservations into their own files, then running them through a Perl script that takes all of the info not contained in the results file (username and date/time) on the command line, and outputs them in normal LLRnet format. I'll then be sending the LLRnet-formatted results files to Dave for importing.

So, given that, I probably could benefit from a bit of help on these. Mini-Geek, I'll send more details in response to your PM; maybe you could take the 2nd Drive (since I'm splitting up the job by drives; currently I'm working on the 3rd Drive).

Max
Old 2009-05-05, 18:38   #48
IronBits
I ♥ BOINC!

Oct 2002
Glendale, AZ. (USA)

111310 Posts

Can the manual configurations be modified to output true llrnet server output?

Could you all look out for all references to nplb.ironbits.net and change them to noprimeleftbehind.net in directions on how to setup clients and the Server Address/Port sections?
IronBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 18:45   #49
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

ACF16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronBits View Post
what do you mean?

the output from LLR V3.7.1.c?

if so, perhaps J.Penné can do that!
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 19:08   #50
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

186916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronBits View Post

Could you all look out for all references to nplb.ironbits.net and change them to noprimeleftbehind.net in directions on how to setup clients and the Server Address/Port sections?
Hmm...interesting idea. However, as Karsten said, it would require some modification of the manual LLRnet client that might be more trouble than it's worth. Maybe it would be simpler to instead just develop an online submission form that plops the results directly in the DB? Manual LLR results are essentially the same as LLRnet ones, just without the lines for username and date/time. It wouldn't be hard for a CGI script to fill that info in for a manual file submitted through an HTML form. A box for the user to enter their username, and grabbing the current date/time as of the submission, should do the trick.
Old 2009-05-05, 19:09   #51
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

2·72·103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
what do you mean?

the output from LLR V3.7.1.c?

if so, perhaps J.Penné can do that!
David is referring to the conversion from manual to LLRnet results. Max is taking care of that and is setting up scripts for it. He'll probably just plug the date and time with something estimated and will get the UserID from whomever reserved the ranges in the various drives.

Max, before sending the converted manual results to the David's, could you forward some of them to Karsten or me for review? We definitely don't want to have any problems with it.

Gary
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 19:13   #52
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

1010110011112 Posts

i will ask Jean, if he can implement such thing for LLR:

- like a switch/ini-entry and LLR will output 2 extra lines with the user-name (defined in the ini) and the date/timestamp of the current result!
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 14:13   #53
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT)

24×353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
i will ask Jean, if he can implement such thing for LLR:

- like a switch/ini-entry and LLR will output 2 extra lines with the user-name (defined in the ini) and the date/timestamp of the current result!
we might be able to do it ourselves
the source is available
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 04:00   #54
Brucifer

Dec 2005

13916 Posts

So where are we at in this endeavor? Are the manual stats going to be imported into the same system as the online stats? I sure hope that is the intent.
Brucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 07:59   #55
AMDave

Jan 2006
deep in a while-loop

2×7×47 Posts

That is the current intent.
It requires a number of changes to be made to the stats platform.
The requirements are staring to 'gel'.
Development and testing will be spread out over a few weeks due to time resource, but it is definitely off the drawing board and onto the workbench
AMDave is offline   Reply With Quote