mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Old 2009-01-08, 07:54   #45
IronBits
I ♥ BOINC!

Oct 2002
Glendale, AZ. (USA)

21318 Posts

Happy Belated B-day BlisteringSheep! May you have many many more!

I appreciate the patience everyone has had as I dial in the stats system!

I've been joining a lot of scripts together so I have less physical scripts to deal with.
Initially we only had one port, so everything was rather simple.
Then we added another, then another, then there was crus (gone!) and then another port was added and then one was put into retirement, and another one is on hold for future drives. (8000) which adds up to a lot of darn scripts in two directories.

Instead of having a script for each port, x2, one for hourly updates and one for midnight rollovers, for each specific task, I have been changing them so that there is one script per task, that can do both hourly and rollover tasks.

Example tasks are, counting of pairs, looking for primes, email auto-notification, web page updates, hourly stats and yet another that copies the files around so they are available to anyone on the website so we can all keep an eye on what they are, or are not, doing.

I have re-written the majority of it now so that each task can do all ports. I also converted as much DOS batch file work into vbscript that I can at this stage.
Now I'm adding the rollover part into each one of those task scripts so that one task script can do both hourly updates and handle midnight rollover tasks. fun! ;)

When the dust settles, I'm hoping to port the whole thing over to perl, put it on the Server, throw it into cron and be done with it.

Last fiddled with by IronBits on 2009-01-08 at 07:55
IronBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 03:59   #46
BlisteringSheep

Oct 2006
On a Suzuki Boulevard C90

2·3·41 Posts

Thank you all! I wish I could say I was wiser, but I don't think my wife & kids would necessarily agree...

I hope my sporadic bursts of llrnet-ing aren't too disruptive. Of course, ol' reliable () has still been trudging along on port 400, about 8 hours/test.

Code:
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 5
model           : 4
model name      : Pentium MMX
stepping        : 3
cpu MHz         : 199.908
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
sep_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : yes
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 mmx
bogomips        : 398.95
BlisteringSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 05:34   #47
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisteringSheep View Post
Thank you all! I wish I could say I was wiser, but I don't think my wife & kids would necessarily agree...

I hope my sporadic bursts of llrnet-ing aren't too disruptive. Of course, ol' reliable () has still been trudging along on port 400, about 8 hours/test.

Code:
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 5
model           : 4
model name      : Pentium MMX
stepping        : 3
cpu MHz         : 199.908
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
sep_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : yes
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 mmx
bogomips        : 398.95
You might want to try port 9000--the tests are a lot smaller, and your Pentium would probably be able to finish them in only an hour or less.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 10:36   #48
em99010pepe

Sep 2004

2×5×283 Posts

IB,

The latest IB9000 results.txt file from here is not correct. It should be a file with >15M in size. When you get the time please check the script. Thank you.

Carlos
em99010pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 14:58   #49
IronBits
I ♥ BOINC!

Oct 2002
Glendale, AZ. (USA)

3·7·53 Posts

That is correct, the database did not get updated last night.
We are in the process of converting everything over to perl, and putting all the tasks onto the Servers to do everything.
AMDave is looking into the fetch script that we use to get Gary's csv files.
I'll make a manual stats run this morning and we'll get it all updated.
Old 2009-01-10, 18:08   #50
IronBits
I ♥ BOINC!

Oct 2002
Glendale, AZ. (USA)

111310 Posts

Database stats updated now.
Old 2009-01-12, 06:19   #51
IronBits
I ♥ BOINC!

Oct 2002
Glendale, AZ. (USA)

3·7·53 Posts

I believe the Database stats are updated every 15 minutes now, for all server ports including Gary's.
Old 2009-01-12, 16:32   #52
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronBits View Post
I believe the Database stats are updated every 15 minutes now, for all server ports including Gary's.
I'm not quite sure what you mean in this case by "database stats"--do you mean that the results are imported into the database every 15 minutes?
Old 2009-01-13, 00:40   #53
IronBits
I ♥ BOINC!

Oct 2002
Glendale, AZ. (USA)

21318 Posts

I think we decided to drop back to once per hour.
Sure, we can get a copy of your 'copy off results.txt' and my 'copy of results.txt' making the database pretty much live now.
In fact, you can check out the latest new addition by going directly to the stats server now.
http://stats.ironbits.net/statsnew/
Old 2009-01-13, 01:34   #54
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronBits View Post
I think we decided to drop back to once per hour.
Sure, we can get a copy of your 'copy off results.txt' and my 'copy of results.txt' making the database pretty much live now.
In fact, you can check out the latest new addition by going directly to the stats server now.
http://stats.ironbits.net/statsnew/
Nice!

One thing to keep in mind: the GB servers copy off their results files at 00:01 every day, but from the timestamps on the results files range from 21:56 to 00:01, so I'm not sure exactly when things are happening. In fact, I'm wondering if the times are getting messed up somehow...because for the status page scripts, cron always seems to be right on the nose regarding what time it runs the script, so I can't imagine why it would mess up this egregiously for the results file script.

Thus, I'm not quite sure if using the 15-minute results file updates can be trustworthy for importing stuff into the database...it's possible that, depending on when you're copying off my results files, you may potentially miss 15 or, on a bad day, 30 minutes of results. Thus, only the daily results files would be sure to include everything.

I'll have to investigate the results file copying-off process more closely to see exactly what's going on with those timestamps...some of them are looking pretty weird. I mean, one of them was copied off at 21:56? What the heck? It's not like there was anything weird like a daylight savings time change on Dec. 30th (the day when the 21:56 results file occurred).

I'm wondering if it actually *is* being copied off at the correct time, but somehow the times are being messed up after the fact...I don't know. Anyone else got any ideas on why this might be happening?

Last fiddled with by mdettweiler on 2009-01-13 at 01:35
Old 2009-01-13, 01:52   #55
IronBits
I ♥ BOINC!

Oct 2002
Glendale, AZ. (USA)

3·7·53 Posts

The daily results files are also processed, to make sure we don't miss anything.
MySQL prevents the duplications based on k and n values :)
The dates/times are taken from within the results.txt files themselves, not the date of the results.txt file itself...

Which gives a tad heartburn being that your server is one timezone behind me ;)

Last fiddled with by IronBits on 2009-01-13 at 01:54