Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17·251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Sorry, I didn't get to start on it yet. Thanks for the reminder--I'll see about getting it started today.
Alright, thanks. Karsten's solution works, but it's not exactly ideal. It'd be great to get e-mailed when I find a prime.
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 14:54   #13
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17·251 Posts

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't get to start on it yet. Thanks for the reminder--I'll see about getting it started today.
It's three day later again, so...how's it coming? Have you started? ETA on when it'll be done?
Old 2008-03-02, 18:43   #14
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Geek View Post
It's three day later again, so...how's it coming? Have you started? ETA on when it'll be done?
No, I haven't started yet. I'm hoping to start it today, though, and I hope to finish it either today or tomorrow.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 20:11   #15
AES

Jul 2007
Tennessee

25×19 Posts

Thats a good idea Anon. Maybe the llrservers could notify the finder. The users email address would have to be stored on the server somewhere. I'll test it out.

IF NEW.RESULT="0" THEN
SELECT concat("To: ",email),
"From: llrnet@rieselprime.org",
concat("Subject: Prime Found ",NEW.k, "*2^", NEW.n,"-1"),
"",
NEW.username
FROM teams
WHERE USERNAME=NEW.USERNAME
INTO OUTFILE "/inetpub/mailroot/pickup/mail.txt"
FIELDS TERMINATED by '\r\n';
END IF;
AES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 20:15   #16
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AES View Post
Thats a good idea Anon. Maybe the llrservers could notify the finder. The users email address would have to be stored on the server somewhere. I'll test it out.

IF NEW.RESULT="0" THEN
SELECT concat("To: ",email),
"From: llrnet@rieselprime.org",
concat("Subject: Prime Found ",NEW.k, "*2^", NEW.n,"-1"),
"",
NEW.username
FROM teams
WHERE USERNAME=NEW.USERNAME
INTO OUTFILE "/inetpub/mailroot/pickup/mail.txt"
FIELDS TERMINATED by '\r\n';
END IF;
Oh, yeah, I didn't even think of that! By all means, go ahead--that would be a very nice feature.

In the meantime, I'll work on my previously-promised script for email notification of primes found by manual LLR (though it might turn out to work with LLRnet, too, since they use the same lresults.txt format).
Old 2008-03-02, 21:06   #17
AES

Jul 2007
Tennessee

11408 Posts

I fed an old known prime into the queue and it worked.

subject Prime Found 557*2^334422-1

I just need to add a field to edit/add/delete the users email address to the admin script and it ready to go.
AES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 22:40   #18
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AES View Post
I fed an old known prime into the queue and it worked.

subject Prime Found 557*2^334422-1

I just need to add a field to edit/add/delete the users email address to the admin script and it ready to go.
You can add my email as bugmesticky AT googlemail DOT com.
Old 2008-03-03, 00:34   #19
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts
Talking Email notification program finally ready!

Hi all,

The program for email notification of primes is now ready! I've attached a zip file containing version 1.0 of the program; you can read the included prime-notify.txt for more information on the program.

Hopefully it will work, I wasn't able to test it fully because my ISP's mail server didn't like the way the included sendemail.pl program (a third-party freeware program that my program uses to send out its emails) authenticated to it.

If you have any problems with it, please let me know!

Anon

P.S.: If you're using a Windows system, you'll need to install Perl in order for this to work. You can get it at http://www.activeperl.com.
Attached Files
File Type: zip prime-notify-1.0.zip (22.2 KB, 62 views)
Old 2008-03-03, 03:42   #20
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17×251 Posts

Quote:
Hi all,

The program for email notification of primes is now ready! I've attached a zip file containing version 1.0 of the program; you can read the included prime-notify.txt for more information on the program.

Hopefully it will work, I wasn't able to test it fully because my ISP's mail server didn't like the way the included sendemail.pl program (a third-party freeware program that my program uses to send out its emails) authenticated to it.

If you have any problems with it, please let me know!

Anon

P.S.: If you're using a Windows system, you'll need to install Perl in order for this to work. You can get it at http://www.activeperl.com.
Thanks for making it!
But, I'm having trouble with it...perhaps it's just that Gmail doesn't like this sort of comm., like your ISP.
I got this error:
Quote:
Mar 02 21:24:56 timothy sendemail.pl[3016]: NOTICE => Authentication not support
ed by the remote SMTP server!
Mar 02 21:24:56 timothy sendemail.pl[3016]: ERROR => Received: 530 5.7.0 Must i
ssue a STARTTLS command first a13sm6013447rnc.6
Email sent for 909*2^353416-1
Maybe the sendemail.pl program isn't really working...if it works at all, its methods are obviously not widely liked by servers. Is there a way it could call the default mail program (like Thunderbird), have the custom program fill in the To, Subject, and Body (similar to what a mailto: link can do), and automatically send, but allow the default mail program to deal with the actual communication and sending. Of course, this could cause problems for those who use only webmail...except for Gmail, as we can have free SMTP/POP/IMAP, even if we don't have it set up.
Edit: I noticed that I had the port set wrong, but it still doesn't work. Same error message, but I just thought I'd post that I fixed that. I noticed, while checking settings, etc. that Gmail uses and requires TLS, which apparently isn't supported by sendemail.pl.

Last fiddled with by Mini-Geek on 2008-03-03 at 03:58
Old 2008-03-03, 05:53   #21
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

624910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Geek View Post
Thanks for making it!
But, I'm having trouble with it...perhaps it's just that Gmail doesn't like this sort of comm., like your ISP.
I got this error:
Maybe the sendemail.pl program isn't really working...if it works at all, its methods are obviously not widely liked by servers. Is there a way it could call the default mail program (like Thunderbird), have the custom program fill in the To, Subject, and Body (similar to what a mailto: link can do), and automatically send, but allow the default mail program to deal with the actual communication and sending. Of course, this could cause problems for those who use only webmail...except for Gmail, as we can have free SMTP/POP/IMAP, even if we don't have it set up.
Edit: I noticed that I had the port set wrong, but it still doesn't work. Same error message, but I just thought I'd post that I fixed that. I noticed, while checking settings, etc. that Gmail uses and requires TLS, which apparently isn't supported by sendemail.pl.
TLS is supported by sendemail.pl, but you have to install some separate Perl libraries before you can utilize its TLS support. If you want, I can look up what the requirements are, and then you can install the required modules.

Also, do you have an ISP email account you could try? (Even if you don't actually use it for email, you should still be able to use it to authenticate to your ISP's mail server. Generally, ISP mail servers don't use TLS, so sendemail.pl should work with them.) If so, I would recommend you try that.

Anon
Old 2008-03-03, 13:21   #22
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

10000101010112 Posts

Quote:
TLS is supported by sendemail.pl, but you have to install some separate Perl libraries before you can utilize its TLS support. If you want, I can look up what the requirements are, and then you can install the required modules.

Also, do you have an ISP email account you could try? (Even if you don't actually use it for email, you should still be able to use it to authenticate to your ISP's mail server. Generally, ISP mail servers don't use TLS, so sendemail.pl should work with them.) If so, I would recommend you try that.

Anon
Okay, I changed it to my ISP's and it works.
Here's the message:
Quote:
Mar 03 06:54:30 timothy sendemail.pl[432]: NOTICE => Authentication not supporte
d by the remote SMTP server!
Mar 03 06:54:36 timothy sendemail.pl[432]: Email was sent successfully!
Email sent for 909*2^353416-1
I'd prefer if it was sent from and to gmail though, so I'd like info on those modules. I'll look for them right after this posting and if I find it and get it working on gmail, I'll edit or post back so you know you don't have to.

It doesn't run as a Scheduled Task correctly. XP requires a password to do a Scheduled Task, but my account has no password. Do you know of a workaround for this? I don't mind having a password if there's a way to automatically log in to it (I know that stopping the automatic logon is kind of the point of a password, but this is a special case). Edit: This part's fixed. For anyone else that has this problem, assign some password to your account and follow Method 1 here: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Autologon.htm

Last fiddled with by Mini-Geek on 2008-03-03 at 13:35