mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Old 2011-04-05, 15:38   #23
Rick Reynolds

Mar 2011

3×5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf Recker View Post
The GTX 470 runs at stock clocks: I'm currently testing my tpsieve optimizations on it. I initially developed and tested them on a GTX 460 (GF 104 chip, Compute Capability 2.1) and now trying out a few changes on a GF 100 chip (Compute Capability 2.0) based GTX 470 card. Clocks are the standard: 607 MHz Core, 1215 MHz Shaders (2x core clocks, as usual) and 1674 MHz memory.
So when are you going to release the tpsieve app :) that would be very cool.
Rick Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 17:07   #24
Neo

Dec 2010
Ava, Missouri

2816 Posts
Default Tpsieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Reynolds View Post
So when are you going to release the tpsieve app :) that would be very cool.
Rick,

It's released. :) It works awesome on Nvidia cards.
See the primesearchteam website; sieving thread.

Neo
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 17:38   #25
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts

Quote:
Don't suppose there's any 32 bit cuda enabled llr versions running around for this rally or is that even possible here?

Rick
To further elaborate on what Ralf explained: we do have a CUDA LLR program, though for numbers of this size it's not much use (as it's only about the speed of one CPU core on a modern GPU such as a GTX 460). It is somewhat faster for much larger numbers, i.e. PSP and SoB, but not for what NPLB's testing right now. As a point of reference, the numbers we're doing in this rally are in the vicnity of n=850K; Gary has a GPU that he's currently running on LLRnet port 3500, for another one of our efforts in the vicinity of n=1.3M, and it's about twice the speed of a CPU core.

I do have a binary on hand for llrCUDA, but it's for 64-bit Linux. What operating system are you looking to run this on? There have been some 64-bit Windows binaries posted in the forum (see here for the latest), but I don't believe I've seen any for 32-bit Windows. For 32-bit Linux, however, it should be pretty easy to compile the latest source as long as you have the CUDA toolkit installed.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 17:49   #26
Ralf Recker

Oct 2010

191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Rick,

It's released. :) It works awesome on Nvidia cards.
See the primesearchteam website; sieving thread.

Neo
Ken's app has been released but not my modifications .

Last fiddled with by Ralf Recker on 2011-04-05 at 17:51
Ralf Recker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 17:59   #27
Rick Reynolds

Mar 2011

F16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
To further elaborate on what Ralf explained: we do have a CUDA LLR program, though for numbers of this size it's not much use (as it's only about the speed of one CPU core on a modern GPU such as a GTX 460). It is somewhat faster for much larger numbers, i.e. PSP and SoB, but not for what NPLB's testing right now. As a point of reference, the numbers we're doing in this rally are in the vicnity of n=850K; Gary has a GPU that he's currently running on LLRnet port 3500, for another one of our efforts in the vicinity of n=1.3M, and it's about twice the speed of a CPU core.

I do have a binary on hand for llrCUDA, but it's for 64-bit Linux. What operating system are you looking to run this on? There have been some 64-bit Windows binaries posted in the forum (see here for the latest), but I don't believe I've seen any for 32-bit Windows. For 32-bit Linux, however, it should be pretty easy to compile the latest source as long as you have the CUDA toolkit installed.
Hi Max, I'm running Windows XP 32 bit right now. I've read the posts on the 64 bit testing being done over on prpnet but so far they don't have a 32 bit version planned. I know I should convert to linux but just haven't as of yet. Steve Martin is willing to help me once I start the process. Was just hoping we'd get a 32 bit version I could run and leave my pc os as is.

thanks much, Rick
Old 2011-04-07, 05:55   #28
Ralf Recker

Oct 2010

191 Posts
Default First prime at NPLB...

I found my first prime at NPLB . I just checked Lennart's last prime to make a correct entry:

"PSieve, Srsieve, NPLB, LLR"

Now I have to wait for the PG admins to sent me my password data (I selected autoreporting over @PG...). I requested a password change manually but I got no e-mail from the Top-5000.

Last fiddled with by Ralf Recker on 2011-04-07 at 05:58 Reason: Removed the links
Old 2011-04-07, 06:29   #29
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

10,103 Posts

Quote:
I found my first prime at NPLB . I just checked Lennart's last prime to make a correct entry:

Now I have to wait for the PG admins to sent me my password data (I selected autoreporting over @PG...). I requested a password change manually but I got no e-mail from the Top-5000.
Congrats Ralf! That is correct on your entry. It may take the top-5000 admin(s) several hours or a day on the password change.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 12:44   #30
Rick Reynolds

Mar 2011

F16 Posts

Quote:

Congrats Ralf!

Rick
Old 2011-04-07, 13:36   #31
Ralf Recker

Oct 2010

BF16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
Congrats Ralf! That is correct on your entry. It may take the top-5000 admin(s) several hours or a day on the password change.
Thanks for the infos. As I suspected: The e-mail address used was not mine but belongs to one of the PG admins. John forwarded me the necessary infos and I changed the e-mail address and password, created a proof code and submitted the prime number. In addition to that I switched off auto-reporting over at PrimeGrid.

Quote:
Congrats Ralf!

Rick
Thank you!

Last fiddled with by Ralf Recker on 2011-04-07 at 13:46 Reason: Fixed a few typos and overlooked a few more
Old 2011-04-07, 14:54   #32
Neo

Dec 2010
Ava, Missouri

23×5 Posts

It looks as if the primes finally got going on Port 9000.....

Congrats Lennart, Ralf, and Sashixi!
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 15:03   #33
Vato

Jan 2009

248 Posts

Quote:
In addition to that I switched off auto-reporting over at PrimeGrid.
FYI, now that you have the top5000 set up to your email/password, you can turn PG auto-reporting back on. PG can still auto-submit primes that have an existing proof-code, but if you found a prime at PG that needed a new proof-code, you'd have to create that manually.
Vato is offline   Reply With Quote