mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-05, 00:26   #12
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

3×5×673 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
Is it showing stats from the last rally?
Dave Emailed me back to confirm what you noticed. The wrong rally DB is being updated. He's at work and so won't be able to get it fixed for 10-12 hours.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 03:01   #13
Rick Reynolds
 
Mar 2011

3×5 Posts
Default Rally results ??

Here's the prpnet port I'm running for the rally
server=NPLB_9000:100:2:noprimeleftbehind.net:9000

however in the results page I don't see either me, Neo or our team Aggie The Pew

was wondering if I'm doing something wrong or have I wasted a 1/2 day of crunching on the wrong port?

Thanks Rick
Rick Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 03:06   #14
Rick Reynolds
 
Mar 2011

F16 Posts
Default Rally results

Sorry, please ignore my first post. I just checked and we are now on the result page... guess I was just to impatient.

Rick
Rick Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 03:16   #15
AMDave
 
AMDave's Avatar
 
Jan 2006
deep in a while-loop

2×7×47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
Hey Dave, looks like the gremlins aren't quite done with you yet...I'm not seeing any data on the rally page, despite the first DB refresh of the rally having already occurred. Any idea what's up?
Apologies for the weird time warp.

There was some bad grammar in my foundation incantation which incarnated some gremlins by accident.

The gremlins have now been vanquished with a magical 'debug' spell.

All's well as the prime hunt crashes forcibly and inexorably through the dark undergrowth of the K-and-N forest.
BAOOOOO! BAOOOOO!
[Stage direction: sound of baying hounds and the thundering of hooves]

Beware you elusive little primes, your time is nigh.
AMDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 04:13   #16
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDave View Post
Apologies for the weird time warp.

There was some bad grammar in my foundation incantation which incarnated some gremlins by accident.

The gremlins have now been vanquished with a magical 'debug' spell.

All's well as the prime hunt crashes forcibly and inexorably through the dark undergrowth of the K-and-N forest.
BAOOOOO! BAOOOOO!
[Stage direction: sound of baying hounds and the thundering of hooves]

Beware you elusive little primes, your time is nigh.
Ah, much better. Thanks for getting all that ironed out!

Now to find some primes...perhaps I'll at long last fine one in this rally. (Of course, it would help if I didn't accidentally leave one of my quad's cores idle when I moved them to port 9000...need to fix that tonight.)

Meanwhile, Lennart is posting some impressive hourly stats...600 pairs/hour! That's incredible. Last rally he just managed 400 pairs/hour--though to be fair, the tests were bigger that time, so the amount of underlying resources is probably about the same.

Also yet to be seen is whether our friends from AMD Users and Free-DC (Vaughan, James, and Brian), who so resoundingly dominated the last couple of rallies, will make an appearance. You guys coming?
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 09:25   #17
Lennart
 
Lennart's Avatar
 
"Lennart"
Jun 2007

25·5·7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
Ah, much better. Thanks for getting all that ironed out!


Meanwhile, Lennart is posting some impressive hourly stats...600 pairs/hour! That's incredible. Last rally he just managed 400 pairs/hour--though to be fair, the tests were bigger that time, so the amount of underlying resources is probably about the same.
I have upgraded 5 q6600 to 2600k. Two new i7 970 are also added :)

Lennart
Lennart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 12:19   #18
Ralf Recker
 
Ralf Recker's Avatar
 
Oct 2010

191 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
Also yet to be seen is whether our friends from AMD Users and Free-DC (Vaughan, James, and Brian), who so resoundingly dominated the last couple of rallies, will make an appearance. You guys coming?
The first one has arrived...

Last fiddled with by Ralf Recker on 2011-04-05 at 12:27
Ralf Recker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 14:16   #19
Rick Reynolds
 
Mar 2011

178 Posts
Default CUDA version of LLR (32 bit)

Don't suppose there's any 32 bit cuda enabled llr versions running around for this rally or is that even possible here?

Rick
Rick Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 14:44   #20
Ralf Recker
 
Ralf Recker's Avatar
 
Oct 2010

191 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Reynolds View Post
Don't suppose there's any 32 bit cuda enabled llr versions running around for this rally or is that even possible here?

Rick
In theory it should work:

Core 2 Q9550 @ 3.4 GHz

885*2^846293-1 is not prime. LLR Res64: 46AF89C695A35A07 Time : 594.089 sec.
[2011-04-05 16:33:14 CEST] G9000: 885*2^846293-1 is not prime. Residue 46AF89C695A35A07

llrCUDA 0.6.0 (270.26beta drivers, Linux 64 bit) on a GTX 470 @ 607 MHz:

885*2^846293-1 is not prime. LLR Res64: 46AF89C695A35A07 Time : 593.996 sec.

The problem is: The CUDA app as fast as a core here on and requires nearly a core to do it's work. So the gain is zero at the cost of a significantly higher power consumption.

Last fiddled with by Ralf Recker on 2011-04-05 at 14:48
Ralf Recker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 14:58   #21
Rick Reynolds
 
Mar 2011

1510 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf Recker View Post
In theory it should work:

Core 2 Q9550 @ 3.4 GHz

885*2^846293-1 is not prime. LLR Res64: 46AF89C695A35A07 Time : 594.089 sec.
[2011-04-05 16:33:14 CEST] G9000: 885*2^846293-1 is not prime. Residue 46AF89C695A35A07

llrCUDA 0.6.0 (270.26beta drivers, Linux 64 bit) on a GTX 470 @ 607 MHz:

885*2^846293-1 is not prime. LLR Res64: 46AF89C695A35A07 Time : 593.996 sec.

The problem is: The CUDA app as fast as a core here on and requires nearly a core to do it's work. So the gain is zero at the cost of a significantly higher power consumption.
True but I was really looking for someone with a 32 bit version since I can't convert to a 64 bit yet. Thanks for the info however.

that 607 on your 470 is that the core and if so what are you running your shaders at? I have a 460 running at 1512 on the shaders.
Rick
Rick Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 15:27   #22
Ralf Recker
 
Ralf Recker's Avatar
 
Oct 2010

191 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Reynolds View Post
True but I was really looking for someone with a 32 bit version since I can't convert to a 64 bit yet. Thanks for the info however.

that 607 on your 470 is that the core and if so what are you running your shaders at? I have a 460 running at 1512 on the shaders.
Rick
The GTX 470 runs at stock clocks: I'm currently testing my tpsieve changes on it. I initially tested them on a GTX 460 (GF 104 chip, Compute Capability 2.1) and now trying out a few changes on a GF 100 chip (Compute Capability 2.0) based GTX 470 card. Clocks are the standard: 607 MHz Core, 1215 MHz Shaders (2x core clocks, as usual) and 1674 MHz memory.

Last fiddled with by Ralf Recker on 2011-04-05 at 15:43
Ralf Recker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TPS Anniversary Rally: April 13-18 Oddball Twin Prime Search 9 2011-04-21 19:44
LLRnet/PRPnet rally January 3rd-10th mdettweiler No Prime Left Behind 48 2011-01-12 10:14
LLRnet/PRPnet rally Oct. 27th-Nov. 3rd mdettweiler No Prime Left Behind 33 2010-12-24 19:16
LLRnet/PRPnet rally August 12th-19th mdettweiler No Prime Left Behind 88 2010-09-09 12:50
LLRnet/PRPnet rally June 4th-6th gd_barnes No Prime Left Behind 61 2010-07-30 17:28

All times are UTC. The time now is 04:44.

Sun Apr 5 04:44:33 UTC 2020 up 11 days, 2:17, 1 user, load averages: 1.53, 1.39, 1.34

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.